ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State news (Bucknuts board)

Idk it could be interesting, not a blow out.

Osu is favored in atleast 2 matches compared to PSU 5 matches that does leav 3 undecided. Love Haines but up 20lbs we have to see before we speculate. Welsh vs Barr will probably be the match to watch just slightly edging Sasso vs Van Ness. If it is Sasso vs Kasak I would have to think that Sasso would be the slight favorite.
Sasso isn't beating can ness or kasak he's not the same wrestler

Osu is favored in atleast 2 matches compared to PSU 5 matches that does leav 3 undecided. Love Haines but up 20lbs we have to see before we speculate. Welsh vs Barr will probably be the match to watch just slightly edging Sasso vs Van Ness. If it is Sasso vs Kasak I would have to think that Sasso would be the slight favorite.
IDK how we can say "need to see Levi up 20 lb before we speculate" without also saying "need to see Sasso wrestle at all after getting shot and having to re-learn how to walk."

IDK how we can say "need to see Levi up 20 lb before we speculate" without also saying "need to see Sasso wrestle at all after getting shot and having to re-learn how to walk."

giphy.gif

I don't see the Bucks as a solid favorite in any matches.

Mendez is 2-1 against Beau, with all 3 matches decided on a late TD; he's a slight favorite at best.

Welsh would be another slight favorite, but there again, it will be close. In his last 7 matches, BIGs + NCAAs, he had a total of 1 TD in regulation. It was a big help that all the studs were in the other half of the bracket.

Sasso can't be considered a favorite over anyone until we see him wrestle.

Farm boy on full feed?

giphy.gif

Sasso still has a bullet near his spine and had to learn to walk again. Just seeing him in the room let alone competitively on the mat will be a blessing and somewhat of a miracle.

That's as far I can go in terms of expectations.

If he regains an AA level of skill, they should make a movie about it.

As for Welsh, if you're unbiased you would have to list him as a favorite against anyone but Carter.

Sasso still has a bullet near his spine and had to learn to walk again. Just seeing him in the room let alone competitively on the mat will be a blessing and somewhat of a miracle.

As for Welsh, if you're unbiased you would have to list him as a favorite against anyone but Carter.

KOT

Going into the PSU v Iowa wrestling match Real Woods was the favorite against Beau. I picked Beau. My guess is by the time the PSU v OSU match rools around many on here won't be picking Welsh in know my Lions contest.

Worries about Levi at 174 reminds me of when some thought Bo would be too small at 197. Our top guys don't tend to go up a weight and get overpowered, they and the coaches know what's right for their best wrestling.
What does everybody think about Facundo's dominant win over Haines at the trials?

What does everybody think about Facundo's dominant win over Haines at the trials?
I'm sure Facundo can beat a lot of guys in the room in a straight wrestleoff honestly. He's fantastic defensively and has room familiarity. He also spent the year focused on free (his better style) and barely wrestling while Levi was wrestling down at 157 and wrestled a full folk season. I am taking a I need to see folk results against top outside competition from Facundo to believe he's the best option.

A few too many vocal fans here bailed on young Alex a bit too early IMHO. He is really good at wrestling and is a problem for most anyone he faces.

My edit: It is why I believe Levi will redshirt this year. It just makes sense.

^^This I believe as well.

I think Van Ness is the favored for sure, Kasak is arguably right with him, but Sammy is healing, still knows how to wrestle and I think it will be a matter of conditioning so I think come time Sasso will be ready.

Going into the PSU v Iowa wrestling match Real Woods was the favorite against Beau. I picked Beau. My guess is by the time the PSU v OSU match rools around many on here won't be picking Welsh in know my Lions contest.
Going into the PSU vs Iowa match this year, I was fairly confident in Beau at that point. Woods was clearly a shell of his 2023 self by then (even ignoring the Lemley match)

Saying a true freshman will beat the B1G champ because he beat him while they were both in high school is laughable.

Last edited:
Reactions: creamery freak
The Ahia Staters got wind of this recent discussion and it has caused a disturbance in their protective little snow globe of a world where no one dare speaketh ill of a Buckeye squad.

Maybe this comparison might help them understand where I’m coming from. An Ohio State fan putting their faith in an outgunned Ohio State wrestling team coached by an intellectual turnip beating the monster that is Cael’s dynasty due to: some sort of home mat advantage in an arena seating about 4K, gap closing speciousness, and other fugazis is similar to Penn State football fans thinking that James Franklin will finally get it done against the Football Bucks because of the White Out and other reasons.

There are levels to each sport. It’s not personal - it’s reality. When the lights are on, Cael’s teams come out and kick heads in when they are the better team - and they are the better team.

Worries about Levi at 174 reminds me of when some thought Bo would be too small at 197. Our top guys don't tend to go up a weight and get overpowered, they and the coaches know what's right for their best wrestling.
The worry about Bo going 197 was rather funny considering he bumped up to 184 from 174 and handled everything 2X champ Greek God Gabe Dean had to throw at him. Bo was 2 more years experienced and 197 certainly had nothing comparable to Gabe.

The funniest one this year was an Ironturd special. Aaron Brooks is two small for 197 and Ferrari will manhandle him two Aaron Brooks is taking 'roads he is so huge.

The Ahia Staters got wind of this recent discussion and it has caused a disturbance in their protective little snow globe of a world where no one dare speaketh ill of a Buckeye squad.

Maybe this comparison might help them understand where I’m coming from. An Ohio State fan putting their faith in an outgunned Ohio State wrestling team coached by an intellectual turnip beating the monster that is Cael’s dynasty due to: some sort of home mat advantage in an arena seating about 4K, gap closing speciousness, and other fugazis is similar to Penn State football fans thinking that James Franklin will finally get it done against the Football Bucks because of the White Out and other reasons.

There are levels to each sport. It’s not personal - it’s reality. When the lights are on, Cael’s teams come out and kick heads in when they are the better team - and they are the better team.

We should allow summer fantasies to the masses. Dec-Mar is tough on non-PSU wrestling fans. :)

I'm curious: why does a turnup always get a bad rap? Does it stand near the bottom of the vegetable IQ chart? 🫤

Two years ago we had the WE ARE chant going at tOSU match. And it was overwhelmingly loud.

So, here, basically?

The worry about Bo going 197 was rather funny considering he bumped up to 184 from 174 and handled everything 2X champ Greek God Gabe Dean had to throw at him. Bo was 2 more years experienced and 197 certainly had nothing comparable to Gabe.

The funniest one this year was an Ironturd special. Aaron Brooks is two small for 197 and Ferrari will manhandle him two Aaron Brooks is taking 'roads he is so huge.
I don't think Bo or Quentin had to lose any weight at 197!

I don't think Bo or Quentin had to lose any weight at 197!
Bo didn't. At one point during Quentin's career his walking around weight was 205, but that was off-season. I would bet you are probably right, during the season I doubt he had to cut much of anything.

Bo didn't. At one point during Quentin's career his walking around weight was 205, but that was off-season. I would bet you are probably right, during the season I doubt he had to cut much of anything.
Morgan was another who didn't lose any or not much weight!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT