ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State / Wisconsin on 10/26 will be a 7:30pm Kickoff

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
Penn State @ Wisconsin on October 26th will kickoff at 7:30PM ET and be televised on NBC.
GZ3dLk3XYAAfA-U

Would much rather play at Camp Randall during the day versus night prime time. I would definitely say this is advantageous for Wisky.
Over the years I'm trying to remember any night games there for us.......seems like the crowd should be more "fired up" like ours would be....unless they lose badly to NW this week and folks get down on the team. They have won the games they were supposed to so far and are scoring more points.

Should be "Jump Around" for 4 qtrs

It'll be nice to see the boys going into hostile territory with the opposition geared up to try to take down a top 3 team.

Win or lose, this is the kind of stuff that makes college football fun.

Last edited:
2008 season was a night game. That ended well for us.
2008 was my first thought. 2013 as well but that only ended in the dark, it started at 3:30p.

PSU is on a five game win streak versus Wisconsin, not many reasons it should not be six games two weeks from now.

2008 season was a night game. That ended well for us.
Just flipped it on You Tube....BLOW OUT- 48-7 Great D. D. Clark on. D Will Punt Return TD.

6th-ranked Penn State visited 24th-ranked Wisconsin for a Saturday night primetime showdown at Camp Randall. From the start, the undefeated Nittany Lions took the Badger crowd out of the game, their 48-7 rout being one of the most dominant conference road performances in school history.Penn State's potent offensive attack was led by the 2008 Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year - Daryll Clark, who was 16 of 25 for 244 yards and accounted for 3 total touchdowns. Defensively, Penn State was led by All-American defensive end Aaron Maybin, who terrorized Badger QB Alan Everidge. The decisive win pushed Penn State to #3 in the polls.

This time we come in #3... Go State!

Reactions: NedFromYork
Bring it on, we will get their best shot , another chance to see how good this team really is.
We already played a night home game this season and may play another one against Washington for the White Out, so it's about time that we get a taste of our own medicine. In 2008, we won night games at Wisconsin and OSU. Hopefully, this team continues to get better in the next two weeks and gets as healthy as they can get.

The start time is actually better than a noon kickoff, which would have been a disadvantage for PSU. All opposing venues in the Big Ten are a disadvantage, Camp Randall is no different.

Alabama beat them badly, and USC did the same after their worst half of football in the first half. They are a good football team but there was a reason their starter at QB was in there. The backup is basically a slightly less effective version of Altmeyer. Again, no excuses here. The night start is not "disaster" in the makings, if PSU comes out and plays it's game. The fear in here is a bit over the top. If you are a playoff team you go in to Camp Randall and win. Period.

The start time is actually better than a noon kickoff, which would have been a disadvantage for PSU. All opposing venues in the Big Ten are a disadvantage, Camp Randall is no different.

Alabama beat them badly, and USC did the same after their worst half of football in the first half. They are a good football team but there was a reason their starter at QB was in there. The backup is basically a slightly less effective version of Altmeyer. Again, no excuses here. The night start is not "disaster" in the makings, if PSU comes out and plays it's game. The fear in here is a bit over the top. If you are a playoff team you go in to Camp Randall and win. Period.
Yeah our team likes the limelight and hates nooners. Much prefer a night ame,

Reactions: NedFromYork

I agree. Last season, OSU went in there and dismantled them in a night game.

Yeah our team likes the limelight and hates nooners. Much prefer a night ame,
I GUARANTEE YOU if this game started at noon, this board would be flooded with doom and gloom about the start time being 11am and the huge disadvantage of slow starts etc...

The fact is that they need to fix slow starts regardless of who they play, be it Wisky or Purdue for that matter. It needs fixed before November 4th and that's not up for debate.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Bring it on, we will get their best shot , another chance to see how good this team really is.
A number of fans think we already know how good this team is. They cite the 6-0 record and #3 national ranking.

I think PSU deserves the #3 ranking for now. Who else deserves it more? But the fact is we only beat one team with a winning record (Illinois) and they just barely squeaked by Purdue in OT. So can we beat OSU? Can we sweep Wisconsin, Washington, and Minnesota? We'll find out one game at a time.

A number of fans think we already know how good this team is. They cite the 6-0 record and #3 national ranking.

I think PSU deserves the #3 ranking for now. Who else deserves it more? But the fact is we only beat one team with a winning record (Illinois) and they just barely squeaked by Purdue in OT. So can we beat OSU? Can we sweep Wisconsin, Washington, and Minnesota? We'll find out one game at a time.
USC beat Wisconsin 38-21.
Alabama blew them out also.

Stop freaking out.

Reactions: knickslions
Wisconsin plays @ Northwestern Saturday at noon. NW just whooped MD. I expect Wiscy to take care of biz but that NW stadium is really weird now.

Wisconsin plays @ Northwestern Saturday at noon. NW just whooped MD. I expect Wiscy to take care of biz but that NW stadium is really weird now.
Playing at that beautiful, picturesque Lenny and Squiggy stadium (actually Lenny and Sharon Martin Stadium). Smaller than some HS stadiums, and I can't believe it gives them any bit of a home-field advantage. Pretty location if it weren't for a major D1 college football game. Can't believe they don't use a bigger local facility while their $$$$$$ stadium is being constructed. Going to be fun for them going from a high-school stadium to Camp Randall on a Saturday Prime-Time game. Love the TV exposure for PSU, don't love a night game at Camp Randall against a team that is playing much better several weeks ago. Should be a fun night, and hoping PSU can pull it out.

Playing at that beautiful, picturesque Lenny and Squiggy stadium (actually Lenny and Sharon Martin Stadium). Smaller than some HS stadiums, and I can't believe it gives them any bit of a home-field advantage. Pretty location if it weren't for a major D1 college football game. Can't believe they don't use a bigger local facility while their $$$$$$ stadium is being constructed. Going to be fun for them going from a high-school stadium to Camp Randall on a Saturday Prime-Time game. Love the TV exposure for PSU, don't love a night game at Camp Randall against a team that is playing much better several weeks ago. Should be a fun night, and hoping PSU can pull it out.
Agreed but I am still not sure how good Wiscy is this year. They put up a lot of points on Purdue and Rutgers to appear to be improving. But Those two teams are not great football teams. Purdue has given up 66, 38, 52, and 50 in games this year.

Rutgers was a one-loss team but has only played Howard, Akron, VT (won by 3), Washington (won by 3), and Nebraska before losing to Wiscy.

I think Wisconsin is a FG better than Illinois. Now, anything can happen especially at an away night game in cold weather. I think this is a stiff test but if we bring our B+ game, we'll be OK>

Reactions: PSUJim
If the reason you lose is because you had to play at night then I don't know what to say to you other than you are not a playoff team. For the second time, Alabama blew them out and so did USC in the second half. If Alabama had to play them at night they still would have easily won. Will it be a tough game? Absolutely. But if you are who you say you are, you win comfortably.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT