ADVERTISEMENT

Powerade seeds released

Shapiro horsing guys around who look stronger than him makes me think of Nolf. He's as multidimensional as anyone I've noticed at the HS level (disclaimer, I don't see as many HS kids as many on this board), he gets takedowns with whatever you give him, but he seems to get a lot of offense off that cross ankle that was Nickal's go-to. He already looks like a Penn State wrestler, hopefully he finds his way here.

My only issue with Shapiro is that it's supposedly pronounced "Sha-pie-ro" which is not how my brain has been saying it.
Same here. Wonder if we can just say it our way and it just eventually sticks. Lol

Jeff Hostetler went to my H.S. and he and everyone that knew him pronounced his name Hoe-stet-ler. I have no idea when it started to evolved into Hoss-stet-ler but thinking it was after he left PSU to go to WVU. It just always sounded weird when announcers would say his name during the games.

Feldman is definitely legit. He's powerful. Mullen can definitely get stronger or so it seems. Feldman seems ready.

Reactions: fronk71
I was pretty impressed with Mullen despite the score. He got to Feldman's legs a couple times which is more than I've seen in quite some time against Feldman. Only a Junior too....he'll be good for sure. Feldman's scrambling was really good though and was impressed he turned him twice late in the 3rd.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
I was pretty impressed with Mullen despite the score. He got to Feldman's legs a couple times which is more than I've seen in quite some time against Feldman. Only a Junior too....he'll be good for sure. Feldman's scrambling was really good though and was impressed he turned him twice late in the 3rd.
Feldman legitimately might be college AA level already. Going to be hard to keep him off the mat next year.

I kind of came away from that match feeling similar to some Spencer Lee matches. Utterly dominant win by Feldman but yet I also came away feeling like Mullen wrestled pretty well. His first leg attack was beautiful and they went out of bounds. His 2nd attack was nice as well but Feldman just horsed him and broke his lock and got an easy 2. Feldman looks like a grown ass man and he is ready to AA on the collegiate level right now. After watching this match I think Mullen will probably be there next year as a senior as well. One other thing is that Mullen just got done with football. I think this was his first competition of the season while Feldman is right in the middle of his season. Not saying it would change anything. Sign me up for a round 2 though!

A few things:

Feldman, Sealey and Shapiro are monsters. Sealey still has another year for Cadet worlds.

How much was Arrington over by. Heard he was over and didn’t want FLO blasting it he missed weight. Kind of like they did with Arnold at Ironman.

Pitzer was a steal for Pitt. Stinks they won’t fully develop him.

171 was stacked. Could wrestle that five times and get five different champions.

Bouzakis brothers are insanely strong

A few things:

Feldman, Sealey and Shapiro are monsters. Sealey still has another year for Cadet worlds.

How much was Arrington over by. Heard he was over and didn’t want FLO blasting it he missed weight. Kind of like they did with Arnold at Ironman.

Pitzer was a steal for Pitt. Stinks they won’t fully develop him.

171 was stacked. Could wrestle that five times and get five different champions.

Bouzakis brothers are insanely strong
Who wins between Arrington and Sealy? That’s the match I really wanted to see!

Reactions: BrockBronson
They needed a killer class because they were falling behind. Sasso aside, their last few highly-ranked classes fell flat. NIL will work itself out
Just leaving these here. Also there are better sandwich shops everywhere.

≈=====================

How many Panera's does Covelli own?

300 Panera locations

Previous owner and operator of 45 McDonald's franchises, Covelli currently owns and operates more than 300 Panera locations in 8 states including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.

OSU has money and is doing well with NIL but I think it’s far more complex than just spending a ton to land those guys. They have a good program, a great facility and could promise immediate starting spots for all 3

🤣🤣 Cause all those recruits this year went to Ohio State because of all the winning they been doing in the last decade, right ?
Newsflash - Ryan has always recruited lights out. Yes, this year was an outlier, but they needed an outlier class badly. 1,2,3 is great - Nolf, Nickal and Nevills were 4,5, and 7 or so. In the top 10, you’re dealing with thin margins - aside from true freaks like, Feldman (likely), S Lee, DT, etc.

Pardon me if a new poster playing Chicken Little regarding Ryan and Mark (****ing) Manning doesn’t have my troll radar going off.

OSU has money and is doing well with NIL but I think it’s far more complex than just spending a ton to land those guys. They have a good program, a great facility and could promise immediate starting spots for all 3
No no no.

Penn State has a great team. Ohio State has a great program.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
4 years ago the fear was the construction of the “best damn wrestling facility (with windows and shit) in the land”. How could we compete with that?????

Just leaving these here. Also there are better sandwich shops everywhere.

≈=====================

How many Panera's does Covelli own?

300 Panera locations

Previous owner and operator of 45 McDonald's franchises, Covelli currently owns and operates more than 300 Panera locations in 8 states including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
Newsflash - Ryan has always recruited lights out. Yes, this year was an outlier, but they needed an outlier class badly. 1,2,3 is great - Nolf, Nickal and Nevills were 4,5, and 7 or so. In the top 10, you’re dealing with thin margins - aside from true freaks like, Feldman (likely), S Lee, DT, etc.

Pardon me if a new poster playing Chicken Little regarding Ryan and Mark (****ing) Manning doesn’t have my troll radar going off.
Lol. I can guarantee you this new poster has been here a long time , and has more ties to Penn State University than 95% of posters here.

Tom Ryan has never had a recruiting class even close to this year. Not even within a realm of it, and if you think NIL money didn’t play a large part in that sir, you’re mistaken.

And me knowing for a FACT Shapiro talks to Mark Manning daily and that he followed him to Budapest isn’t playing anything fella. Just facts.

The Covelli family estimated net worth is at least $400+M. It's going to be a helluva lot more once the Panera SPAC goes public.

Tan Tom will keep hanging Recruiting National Champions banners.
The comparison you put up of PS and OSU blue chip recruits since 2015(8 each) is interesting especially when you look at the success of PS vs Ohio State. Its not even close. Recruiting is nice but Championships are better!!

Lol. I can guarantee you this new poster has been here a long time , and has more ties to Penn State University than 95% of posters here.

Tom Ryan has never had a recruiting class even close to this year. Not even within a realm of it, and if you think NIL money didn’t play a large part in that sir, you’re mistaken.
Out of the most recent class the real nugget is Feldman. Bouzakis has come back to earth some amongst his near level peers. He's not the same level as Feldman. Mendez, too. It's a great class, but they're not shoeins by any factor (maybe Feldman is).

Will they be close to the top 3, yeah definitely, but they still have to wrestle.

Reactions: Kidwicked

A mere 3 years ago they signed #1 Kerk, #3 Karchla and #6 Decatur - appears pretty close to me.

I think NIL played a part this year, but OSU has a lot to offer - perhaps the biggest thing to offer was a top program with a lot of wide open opportunities to start early.

Now if they do it 2-3 years in a row, I’ll have a rethink

And me knowing for a FACT Shapiro talks to Mark Manning daily and that he followed him to Budapest isn’t playing anything fella. Just facts.
Gotta stop you right there. Manning absolutely did not follow Shapiro to Budapest.

Hungary had virus restrictions in place denying entry to all foreigners except those visiting in an official capacity.

I know this because I had a flight to Budapest canceled due to Hungary's restrictions.

ADVERTISEMENT