ADVERTISEMENT

Powerade seeds released

Gotta stop you right there. Manning absolutely did not follow Shapiro to Budapest.

Hungary had virus restrictions in place denying entry to all foreigners except those visiting in an official capacity.

I know this because I had a flight to Budapest canceled due to Hungary's restrictions.
Wanna bet ? Cause he “absolutely” did.

I know I shouldn’t respond to trolls, but oh well. 2022 was always going to be an off year recruiting wise for PSU. The Covid free year made the situation even worse. We are starting 3 high end freshmen (Bartlett, Starocci, Kerk), and Brooks is a sophomore.

We are currently redshirting Howard, Van Ness, and Facundo. Those 3 alone rival any teams top class of the past few years.

Poor old Cael is only adding Davis and Haines (so far) to that above list.

This recruiting year was a perfect storm for OSU and not because of NIL. PSU and OkSt are very young squads who must navigate the free Covid year. OSU benefited from sucking the last few years, which in turn created holes in the lineup that are attractive to recruits.

The real loser of the 2022 class is Iowa. Iowa loses a lot after this season and hasn’t loaded up on a ton of high end replacements. Iowa is coming off at least 1 team title and a generational talent in Lee, yet they didn’t parlay that in to landing those top guys that OSU did. This was the perfect time for Iowa to flex and show they don’t rebuild, they reload. Unfortunately for them, OSU scooped up what they should have.

Tom Ryan has never had a recruiting class even close to this year. Not even within a realm of it, and if you think NIL money didn’t play a large part in that sir, you’re mistaken.
I happen to believe a PSU roster ALREADY filled with top 10 recruits (or close to it anyway) with 3 or 4 years of eligibility left played a much bigger role in tOSU cleaning our clocks this year recruiting wise.

Gotta stop you right there. Manning absolutely did not follow Shapiro to Budapest.

Hungary had virus restrictions in place denying entry to all foreigners except those visiting in an official capacity.

I know this because I had a flight to Budapest canceled due to Hungary's restrictions.
I don’t care how badly a coach wants a kid but calling a recruit every day seems excessive. No… a better word… creepy.

I happen to believe a PSU roster ALREADY filled with top 10 recruits (or close to it anyway) with 3 or 4 years of eligibility left played a much bigger role in tOSU cleaning our clocks this year recruiting wise.
Absolutely I don’t disagree, but landing P4P 1,2,3,5 is pretty staggering. I don’t believe anyone of them besides Feldman is a sure thing tho. I’d take Howard, Bartlett, VanNess, Facundo over Kilkeary, Mendez, Bouzakis, Welsh ANY day of the week.

Reactions: mjmirv and fronk71
There are always kids who beat to a different drum, who choose schools that shocks everyone. Not saying Shapiro to Nebraska will be that, but I’m pretty certain Manning is selling the farm trying.
The reality is there are so many kids he can 1.) financially offer 2.) start or even have potential to start

Even if every kid in the world drank the kool-aid, he can only do so much.

Absolutely I don’t disagree, but landing P4P 1,2,3,5 is pretty staggering. I don’t believe anyone of them besides Feldman is a sure thing tho. I’d take Howard, Bartlett, VanNess, Facundo over Kilkeary, Mendez, Bouzakis, Welsh ANY day of the week.
I think it was a perfect storm for Ohio State to be honest with you. PSU not needing much, some of those east coast kids looking to stay east and other top schools like Ok St, Cornell and even Iowa having strong recruiting classes themselves past couple years.

It’s been like clockwork since Cael has arrived. We can look at the current makeup of a roster and pretty much predict when Cael will have a light recruiting year. In turn, we can also predict that some other school like Okst, Iowa or tOSU will get the best of us. Only thing is, when Cael is back on the war path…. It’s on ….and all those other schools know it’s on.

That's what I am saying. The only thing that's really scary is Feldman. The rest need to prove it.

Reactions: Kidwicked
Yep…I would too. Then we also already have Haines coming in as well. Just got Davis who is ranked one or two at his weight. And then out of class of 2023… I don’t think we are done yet. Lol.

Wanna bet ? Cause he “absolutely” did.
You tell me his role with Team USA or with UWW or the media at that event.

Because he had to have one. Otherwise he didn't get into the country.

And an official role =/= following a wrestler there.

Are Kidwicked and BrockBronson one in the same??
lol. I’m not anyone here except me. But I can tell you 100% Manning was in Budapest with Shapiro, they text daily(including today in between matches) and that he has legit interest in Nebraska. Make with that what you want.

• Haha
Reactions: Shifty15
You tell me his role with Team USA or with UWW or the media at that event.

Because he had to have one. Otherwise he didn't get into the country.

And an official role =/= following a wrestler there.
$250 Donation to HWC on the balance for proof ?

Tom Ryan has never had a recruiting class even close to this year. N \ot even within a realm of it, and if you think NIL money didn’t play a large part in that sir, you’re mistaken.
One would argue that landing tomasello, Jordan and Snyder -the year after a class of Dijulius, Stieber, Demas and Campullatano (setting up OSU's first NCAA title ) stands as their best recruiting class EVER. (
we'll see if this new group can come close)

Reactions: CurtisLoew40
In any case, what Clay said. Not worried about Manning recruiting Shapiro.

Word from my teacher buddy at Mt Pleasant is people are very high on Pitzer’s 8th grade brother.
I’ve seen Dylan wrestle a few times at PJWs over the years. He’s definitely got a bunch of potential and seems to be following in his older brother’s footsteps. Last I knew, he trained a lot with Rob Waller at All American

Lol. I can guarantee you this new poster has been here a long time , and has more ties to Penn State University than 95% of posters here.

$250 Donation to HWC on the balance for proof ?
To HWC? Am I reading you right? You have more ties to PSU than most of us here but in a wager, you’d like the proceeds to go to HWC?

Wtf?

Last edited:
To HWC? Am I reading you right? You have more ties to PSU than most of us here but in a wager, you’d like the proceeds to go to HWC?

Wtf?
When JTS smells BS:

images

When JTS smells BS:

images
I’m a fan of college wrestling in general. I grew up in Pa and love nothing more than to watch the Nits outclass everyone. However I’m not blinded by that. I no longer live in Pa, and in fact own 2 properties in Iowa. Prior to COVID I watched matches in Rec Hall, BJC, Carver, and the Schott all in the same season more than once. If there’s good college wrestling going on within a few hour drive of me, I’ll be there and, be a fan of the wrestlers on the teams I’m watching at that time.

I’m a fan of college wrestling in general. I grew up in Pa and love nothing more than to watch the Nits outclass everyone. However I’m not blinded by that. I no longer live in Pa, and in fact own 2 properties in Iowa. Prior to COVID I watched matches in Rec Hall, BJC, Carver, and the Schott all in the same season more than once. If there’s good college wrestling going on within a few hour drive of me, I’ll be there and, be a fan of the wrestlers on the teams I’m watching at that time.
There is a thread for.....telling us about yourself. Feel free to drop in there with other tidbits about your prowess.

Feel free to name drop, give life advice, pics of youth wrestling trophies, etc.

The board thanks you in advance

There is a thread for.....telling us about yourself. Feel free to drop in there with other tidbits about your prowess.

Feel free to name drop, give life advice, pics of youth wrestling trophies, etc.

The board thanks you in advance
This one worked just fine

I’ve seen Dylan wrestle a few times at PJWs over the years. He’s definitely got a bunch of potential and seems to be following in his older brother’s footsteps. Last I knew, he trained a lot with Rob Waller at All American
Waller has turned out some studs!

Reactions: BigFella235
I know I shouldn’t respond to trolls, but oh well. 2022 was always going to be an off year recruiting wise for PSU. The Covid free year made the situation even worse. We are starting 3 high end freshmen (Bartlett, Starocci, Kerk), and Brooks is a sophomore.

We are currently redshirting Howard, Van Ness, and Facundo. Those 3 alone rival any teams top class of the past few years.

Poor old Cael is only adding Davis and Haines (so far) to that above list.

This recruiting year was a perfect storm for OSU and not because of NIL. PSU and OkSt are very young squads who must navigate the free Covid year. OSU benefited from sucking the last few years, which in turn created holes in the lineup that are attractive to recruits.

The real loser of the 2022 class is Iowa. Iowa loses a lot after this season and hasn’t loaded up on a ton of high end replacements. Iowa is coming off at least 1 team title and a generational talent in Lee, yet they didn’t parlay that in to landing those top guys that OSU did. This was the perfect time for Iowa to flex and show they don’t rebuild, they reload. Unfortunately for them, OSU scooped up what they should have.
Iowa is redshirting Kennedy and Ayala. Kennedy might be the best wrestler on Redshirt anywhere and Ayala was as high a recruit as there was. That's two very high end replacements i know about and I'm not even that familiar with their bench.

Well that was a couple of days of crazy wrestling. Finally back home and need a day to recover. Our HS boys had a rough go of it, one placer but a bunch right there with good runs on the backside.

My boy got another good ass kicking in the JH semis. He's going through the transition from 12u to JH. Taking it in stride and getting a lot better. He hadnt lost a tournament match in quite a while, then we moved back to PA.

Well that was a couple of days of crazy wrestling. Finally back home and need a day to recover. Our HS boys had a rough go of it, one placer but a bunch right there with good runs on the backside.

My boy got another good ass kicking in the JH semis. He's going through the transition from 12u to JH. Taking it in stride and getting a lot better. He hadnt lost a tournament match in quite a while, then we moved back to PA.
Are you in NEPA? I live in Forty Fort and I know of at least one other regular poster that lives in Harveys Lake. I believe there is someone else that posts kind of regular that I think might be a lawyer in WB.

Iowa is redshirting Kennedy and Ayala. Kennedy might be the best wrestler on Redshirt anywhere and Ayala was as high a recruit as there was. That's two very high end replacements i know about and I'm not even that familiar with their bench.

I beg to differ. The good guys have 2 on redshirt that are the best anywhere.

I'm a college wrestling fan in general as well but we are and anyone other than PSU sucks just saying

Did Cael and psu recruit O’toole hard? I know his connections to Mizzou but he seems like the exact kind of kid you’re used to seeing at psu. Plus he’s in a weight range that psu needs. Just curious.

Reactions: JWil23
ADVERTISEMENT