ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - NW Match Thread

125: Schnupp vs. Sebastian Rivera

Per 1
Rivera with a quick double leg for a TD, 0-2. He tilts him and gets swipes. Schnupp rolls back, 0-6. Rivera changes grips, then tilts Schnupp for 4 more NF, 0-10. Schnupp gets out, 1-10. Rivera in on for a TD, 1-12. Schnupp out again, 2-10. Rivera barrels in and gets a TD, 2-12. He tilts Schnupp and gets 4 NF, 2-16. 2:53 is the time of the NF for Rivera.

0-5, NW

Reactions: danoftw
Schnupp is so tiny. He makes a 125 lb kid in Rivera look massive

133: RBY vs. Colin Valdiviez

Per 1
RBY in quickly on a double for the TD, 2-0. Valdiviez out, 2-1. Valdiviez in, stuffed, nothing. RBY barrels in and gets behind for another TD, 4-1. Valdiviez finally out, 4-2. RBY in on the legs, switches to a double and gets the TD, 6-2. OOB with 57 sec left. Validiviez out after the restart, 6-3. RBY snaps down on the head and quickly behind for the TD, 8-3. Valdiviez to his feet, turns in, and there's the buzzer. Appears the ref awarded a reversal at the buzzer, so the score is 8-5. I'm not so sure about that call. CS throws the brick, so we're going to a video review. After a long review, the call is confirmed. Oh well. RT @ 1:27 for RBY.

Per 2
Valdiviez takes bottom. He stands, turns, and is out, 8-6. RBY in on a single, nearly takes him to his back but Valdiviez rolls thru, so it's 10-6. RBY cuts him, 10-7. RBY circles in gets a leg, elevates it, and drives through for a TD as they go OOB, 12-7. Valdiviez tries to stand, and eventually does and is out, 12-8. End. RT @ 2:17 for RBY

Per 3
RBY takes neutral. RBY works in, and a stall warning to Valdiviez. RBY snaps down on the head, but Valdiviez backs away, nothing. RBY with all the action. Valdiviez dives for a TD, and RBY just circles for a TD, 14-8. He cuts him, 14-9. RBY tries a duck, and can't get the TD. 2:23 in RT for RBY make the final 15-9.

3-5, NW

Reactions: Maddog and danoftw
Please use this thread for pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussions. If responding to another poster, please use the quote function.

I'm probably out for PBP. My schedule has been jumbled up of late due to a few unfortunate events. If I do get online during a portion of the match, I'll post something to say I'm in for PBP, but I would not count on my being available. I'm hopeful that one or more of you will step forward to provide PBP to those that don't have access to the video stream, and for whatever reason can't listen to the audio stream. Whether or not you are providing PBP, please remember to put scores of each match into your post(s), so that those that aren't watching it/listening to it have some info.

When:
Jan. 11, at 8 pm EST

Where:
@ Northwestern

TV:
none

Video Stream:
BTN2go.com for those that are subscribers

Audio Stream:
Available for free, at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=238&type=Live

Ironhead will be providing the radio PBP. His pre-match show will start at 7:40 pm EST. For those that have troubles accessing the audio PBP via the above link, look for ESPN 1450 out of State College, PA on TuneIn or other services.

Have fun ... just like our wrestlers and coaches.
Live radio feed not working on GOPSU website!!!
AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

141: Nick Lee vs. Alec McKenna (NW)

Per 1
Lee in on a quick double, 2-0. McKenna stands and turns to esc, 2-1. Lee in on a low single, reaches across and gets the other ankle for the TD, 4-1. Lee flattens him, and works under the right arm. He cuts him, 4-2. Lee in on a single, gets the other leg for the TD, 6-2. Lee throws in the boots, and is working a crossface. Stall warning on McKenna. McKenna works up to the base, but is broken back down and flattened. End. RT @ 1:54 for Lee

Per 2
Lee takes bottom. Lee up quickly, and they go OOB. McKenna takes his time returning to the circle. Lee up, turns in and gets the reversal, 8-2. Lee cuts him, 8-3. Lee shoots a single, nothing. Lee with another single, switches to a double, they scramble a bit, and Lee gets the TD, 10-3. Lee working from the front and cuts him, 10-4. Another quick TD, 12-4. Stall warning on McKenna makes it 13-4. End. RT @ 2:49 for Lee

Per 3
McKenna takes bottom. Gets RT over 3 min, so it's assured. He tilts McKenna but only gets 1 swipe. Lee cuts him, 13-5, and then is in for another quick TD, 15-5. He cuts him again, 15-6. Lee back in, but McKenna locks up an ankle, so they scramble. Lee eventually gets the TD, 17-6. McKenna with another esc, 17-7. Lee in on a leg, but the buzzer sounds. RT @ 3:42 for Lee. Final is 16-6 (i missed have missed a TD/esc sequence ... sorry)

7-5, PSU

oster not exactly lightning in a bottle but nice to see Berge scoring points in this 1st pd

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT