ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Worlds

Guys, I can’t express enough how much I appreciate your analysis and banter. I never wrestled. I played Baseball and Ice Hockey in College. But my High school (Randolph NJ) was very good at the sport and so I attended as many matches as I could. Randolph was the first team to beat Phillipsburg NJ. (1973?) And they used to tell us about the monsters on the other side of the Delaware. We did have several State Champions back in those days (Surenian Brothers) and in fact Patrick Glory is from Randolph Township. Still, since I never participated in the sport, I understood so little of it. Since following this forum (2008) I have learned so much and grown to love the sport even more. At 68 I have no delusions. I just want to enjoy our Lions. Thank you for enriching that experience.

Guys, I can’t express enough how much I appreciate your analysis and banter. I never wrestled. I played Baseball and Ice Hockey in College. But my High school (Randolph NJ) was very good at the sport and so I attended as many matches as I could. Randolph was the first team to beat Phillipsburg NJ. (1973?) And they used to tell us about the monsters on the other side of the Delaware. We did have several State Champions back in those days (Surenian Brothers) and in fact Patrick Glory is from Randolph Township. Still, since I never participated in the sport, I understood so little of it. Since following this forum (2008) I have learned so much and grown to love the sport even more. At 68 I have no delusions. I just want to enjoy our Lions. Thank you for enriching that experience.
Hey, feel free to participate in our banter any time. Contrary to the most annoying popular opinion on wresting forums, you do NOT have to have been a competitor in the sport to have something valuable to contribute. At least I sure hope so . . . ;)

#1 on my list for free rule changes is to limit any one move to 6 pts max. excluding a pin of course. Not that it would have changed the outcome, it's just that a will be 10 point move will never sit well with me, even when it works in our favor.
Make any mat turn below the waist = 1 pt. Ankle laces expose the back but pose no risk of pins.

... and while I'm at it, ideally Dake shouldn't have gotten 2 for yesterday's chest wrap. Opponent was flat on his back ... on top of Dake who was almost flat on his back. Opponent was not actually exposed to the mat. Different story if that chest wrap had been even microscopically to the side.

The only reason I wouldn't change the rule accordingly is international refs. What could possibly go wrong there?

DT v Yazdani for gold, DT looking to avenge last year's rare loss
  • Both guys head snapping, heavy hand fighting
  • DT on the clock
  • DT shoots, but gets stuffed
  • Another low shot attempt by DT
  • DT doing more circling, Yazdani holding center
  • Beauty of a scramble at edge, no points.
  • DT shoots and scores with a clean single, 2-1 and that'll be the break.
  • DT motioning to crowd
  • Yazdani looking to go behind from front headlock but DT not having it.
  • DT with a patented ocular-related stoppage
  • 2 minutes remaining.
  • Gorgeous low shot, and DT converts. Up 4-1.
  • Another single, pushes Yazdani out. 5-1, 1:15 remaining.
  • DT with beautiful defense, Yaz looked for a crotch lift, seemed certain to score but DT grounded it.
  • DT with another two off a heads-up counter, 7-1.
  • Yaz looking to score from front headlock but it's over.
  • DT is pumped, world champ again.
  • Perhaps the best match David Taylor has ever wrestled. He game-planned Yazdani perfectly.

Last edited:
  • DT on the clock
  • DT motioning to crowd
  • 2 minutes remaining.
  • DT with beautiful defense, Yaz looked for a crotch lift, seemed certain to score but DT grounded it.
Thanks for the PBP and YES!!!!!!!!
DT World Champ!

• DT on the clock
  • DT motioning to crowd
  • 2 minutes remaining.
Wow! 7-1 convincing win!

Hey, feel free to participate in our banter any time. Contrary to the most annoying popular opinion on wresting forums, you do NOT have to have been a competitor in the sport to have something valuable to contribute. At least I sure hope so . . . ;)
In contrast. I was a competitor (if you can call it that) for many years, and I have very little valuable insight to contribute.

I am now rellegated to silly gifs most of the time with an acceptable humor threshold hit rate of about 20%.

I haven’t been able to post until the DT YAZ match. Too nervous. That was incredible.
it made the trip to Alabama for the Auburn match tolerable.
Hopefully tomorrow’s result is as good!
USA!!! PSU!!!
@82bordeaux discussing DT’s gold medal match with his row neighbor at the Auburn game

cover4.jpg

If you haven't seen video yet, this set of clips show quite a bit of the most important stuff: DT had this reach for the far leg in a reattack that seemed to surprise Yaz several times. And that last minute scramble out of the go-behind by Charati was just incredible.

Ok, I've posted enough. Your mods will be banning me! 😝 Have a good night!
Zain, Taylor, and Burroughs.
Let's go 3 for 3!!
Act like you’ve been here before pal.
In contrast. I was a competitor (if you can call it that) for many years, and I have very little valuable insight to contribute.

I am now rellegated to silly gifs most of the time with an acceptable humor threshold hit rate of about 20%.

people’s champ

I don't think Spencer is there right now, the question is will he be there next year...
Most of these guys take several years until they get to that level, Spencer is obviously not most guys.

Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT