ADVERTISEMENT

Southen Scuffle Final Round Official Thread

133 3rd Place Match: RBY vs. Sean Nickell (CSU-Bakersfield)

Per 1
RBY in off the whistle for a TD and takes Nickell to his back but he rolls thru, 2-0. Seems he didn't like the outcome of the last match. ;) Stall call on Nickell after a long ride. OOB with just over 1 min left. Nickell gets the esc, 2-1. RBY back in on the legs, Nickell drapes over the shoulder, they scramble, pretty wild, and RBY ends up with the TD, 4-1. Some smart wrestling there. End. RT @ 1:55 for RBY

Per 2
RBY takes bottom. He rolls in and gets caught, but no exposure, and then RBY gets out, 5-1. Nickell shoots, and RBY sprawls, stalemate with 54 sec. RBY circles behind and gets a TD just before the end of the period, 7-1. RT @ 1:49 for RBY

Per 3
Nickell takes neutral. Not much thru 1 min. RBY shoots for the right leg, nothing. Under 30. RBY in on a double for a TD, 9-1. End. With 2:11 of RT, it's a 10-1, Major for RBY, and he takes 3rd place.

Fix wins 6-3. RBY was 5-1 I think when he got caught.

RBY in a great spot.

Reactions: dbldoofus
was watching the highlights for gomez before fix match and that was OOB and should have been blown vs RBY

I’m relegated to audio only as I refuse to give Flo my money, but would one say that Lee’s opponent is blonde, in the legal sense?

I think RBY got just about everything he could ask for as far as experience goes this weekend...close win, OT match, loss to a tough kid when leading, and having to battle back in the consi’s...he weathered the storm and did pretty darn well if you ask me!

Side note, last true frosh that we saw get stuck like that in the Scuffle was Nick Lee against Gfeller...he had a pretty nice season after that if I remember correctly...

141 Final: Nick Lee vs. Real Woods (Stanford)

Per 1
Missed a bit, but Woods got the TD, 0-2 after a nice counter. Locked hands penalty on Woods, 1-2. OOB. Lee stands, and gets the esc, 2-2. Lee shoots, Woods counters, then Lee counters that. Crazy scramble and a stalemate with 35 sec. Another great scramble. End

Per 2
Lee takes bottom. Lee sits out, but Woods goes with him. OOB with 1:33 left. Lee broken down, works to his base, and to his feet and gets the esc, 3-2. Lee in on a leg to a double for the TD, 5-2. End. RT @ 31 sec for Woods

Per 3
Woods takes bottom. Woods works up, and gets the esc, 5-3. 1:30 left. Lee shoots, blocked by Woods. Seems as though Woods got injured, so there's stoppage. Lee takes bottom on the restart. Woods rides him for 15 sec before Lee can sit out and get the esc, 6-3. A flurry of shots near the end of the match. End.

A nice match.

Lee becomes a Scuffle champ -- PSU's 4th today.

nicks aggression cost him again....saw that last year at times.

but how do you tell him to pump the breaks. I guess you dont. let the chips fall where they may, as they generally fall his way.

still impressed by his run last year at nationals after the early set back.

Reactions: RLSalty
nicks aggression cost him again....saw that last year at times.

but how do you tell him to pump the breaks. I guess you dont. let the chips fall where they may, as they generally fall his way.

still impressed by his run last year at nationals after the early set back.

it wasnt over aggression as much as it was sloppy finishes IMO

Dv80TrnXcAABjUj.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT