ADVERTISEMENT

Souther Scuffle Day 2 Official Thread

Interested in seeing what the team record scoring title would be if you only included the scores of the 10 starters.
It will be exactly the same as our final score will be.

Starters were all the top scorers at each weight. Teske was unattached.

Reactions: diggerpup
Scores going into medal bouts. Does Okie State have a chance statistically or realistically?

PLACE
TEAM POINTS CH CONS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 Penn State 186 8 4 - - - - - - - -
2 Oklahoma State 172.5 5 4 - - - - - - - -
3 Iowa State 95 1 7 - - - - - - - -
4 Stanford 80.5 2 7 - - - - - - - -
5 Lock Haven 70.5 1 3 - - - - - - - -

Come on Cael. You're not yourself when you're hungry

brands2.jpg
train of thought: werewolf - Jack Nicholson - what's the name of that movie? the one with Michelle Pfeiffer in it - Damn, Michelle Pfeiffer - google Michelle Pfeiffer - images - not sure why I'm here, but damn, Michelle Pfeiffer.

Reactions: nerfstate
train of thought: werewolf - Jack Nicholson - what's the name of that movie? the one with Michelle Pfeiffer in it - Damn, Michelle Pfeiffer - google Michelle Pfeiffer - images - not sure why I'm here, but damn, Michelle Pfeiffer.
Describes the synapses of pretty much every net-conneted dude out there pretty well if you ask me.....

Reactions: TangSoo
Could someone please...Roar perhaps, at appropriate time, direct Cael's attention to the constant problems with our audio/video transmission from LionVision.
If Cael would demand excellence there, perhaps fixes would be made.

PLease.

understandable but you still have to include the scores from verk, bo p, nevills and manville as they made runs in the tourney. just saying i wonder what the record is and who holds that title
Chris Elliot is alive and bringing his shtick to wrestling forums!

MV5BY2RkOWE2MzUtMmY0OS00ZjE4LTgxOGYtMThhMzlkYjE2Y2JkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc4Njg5MjA@._V1_.jpg

understandable but you still have to include the scores from verk, bo p, nevills and manville as they made runs in the tourney. just saying i wonder what the record is and who holds that title
Those scores are not calculated in the team scores. Highest scorer at each weight from the 15 designated (10 total scorers)

Reactions: dsites52
Dice, do they drop the other scores for the non-starters?
Yes, one scorer per team per weight. Thus, the point stands that the PS score would be what it is. I have no idea whether OSU's 2017 198 would be the same.

Yeah PSU's RSFr just beat the #7 ranked wrestler in the country while Iowa's RSFr Warner doesn't place at Midlands and Murin loses to #10 ranked guy...

Not all guys are top 2 right out of the gates...doesn't mean they aren't gonna be good

Exactly. We are so spoiled because we've had the pleasure of watching generational talents like DT, Ed, Jason, Zain, Bo etc. That shouldn't diminish how good kids like Jordan, Nevills, Berge, Morgan, or others that take the occasional loss really are on the mat. There are programs that would kill for one wrestler as good as Brady.

does 186 count the guaranteed win at 157?

So add 4 for 157... 190. We need 9 more out of 133, 149, 165, 174, 184, 197 and 285.

I'm liking it.
Can't do that just yet, but I get the sentiment...completely. A Pipher win, and only 1/2 point gets added (Jason has 3.5 more BP than BoP). It's not worth explaining why, given the circumstances...just saying, that's all.

Reactions: JmmyW
redrum

Not the expert most of you are but do have opinions now and then and now I can share them (not that they are worth much). Have been following the Scuffle and others via this board while at work and just wanted to say thanks!
If your opinions aren't worth much, neither are ours, welcome aboard!

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Exactly. We are so spoiled because we've had the pleasure of watching generational talents like DT, Ed, Jason, Zain, Bo etc. That shouldn't diminish how good kids like Jordan, Nevills, Berge, Morgan, or others that take the occasional loss really are on the mat. There are programs that would kill for one wrestler as good as Brady.

I ran into Jordan at Sheetz a couple months ago. Told him I was a big fan and shook his hand. Quickly realized that I could add "insufficient hand strength" to the list of things that kept me off of D1 rosters.

If Pipher wins by DEC, does he still outscore Nolf? I thought it was highest scorers, not placers..?
That was my point. A BoP win, and his total team point contribution is half a point more than Jason.

-- Advancement Pts the same
-- Jason with 3.5 more Bonus Points
-- BoP with 4 more Placement Pts

Only doing this as an exercise for tournament scoring info. An upset here is unlikely...and I love me some Bo Pipher...what a tournament!!

That was my point. A BoP win, and his total team point contribution is half a point more than Jason.

-- Advancement Pts the same
-- Jason with 3.5 more Bonus Points
-- BoP with 4 more Placement Pts

Only doing this as an exercise for tournament scoring info. An upset here is unlikely...and I love me some Bo Pipher...what a tournament!!

Got it. Thanks Roar!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT