ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano still out?

Just heard from a second source I trust that Nick's absence of late points again back to the father's helicopter parenting. I have no further details, but do trust the source a lot (and you would too). TIFWIW....

Just heard from a second source I trust that Nick's absence of late points again back to the father's helicopter parenting. I have no further details, but do trust the source a lot (and you would too). TIFWIW....

In what way? His dad is upset with the coaching? The room? The way his illness/injury is being handled?

I did not get specifics, but the insinuation was a rift between Mr. S and the coaching staff.

Honestly, no idea. It seems crazy, until you ask virtually any college professor nowadays if they've experienced helicopter parenting. The stories they tell!

Reactions: jtothemfp
I did not get specifics, but the insinuation was a rift between Mr. S and the coaching staff.

It's like in High School when your so called friend steals your girl friend. After she leaves she spins a tale about how you mistreated her. In spite of having no prom date, you realize you're much better off without her.

After your former friend realizes she's a total diva, it dawns on him why you didn't fight harder to keep her. Now when you see your former friend you can't stop grinning.

It's like in High School when your so called friend steals your girl friend. After she leaves she spins a tale about how you mistreated her. In spite of having no prom date, you realize you're much better off without her.

After your former friend realizes she's a total diva, it dawns on him why you didn't fight harder to keep her. Now when you see your former friend you can't stop grinning.
How does that saying go.
No matter how freaking beautiful the woman, somewhere out there is a guy or two who just completey got tired of her shyt.

To me, if this is true (I know, I reported it, but we've heard a whole lot of rumors about NS for a long time now), it's just sad. I love this sport, and the passion it brings out in people. But Dads need to Chill. Obviously not every dad (Mr. Brooks seems awesome, as does Jason Nickal), but this guy, PD2, Mr. Martin, and quite a few of the dudes I see at youth tourneys. Just relax, let your kid enjoy the experience without projecting your own feelings of underachievement....

Reactions: Goathead88
To me, if this is true (I know, I reported it, but we've heard a whole lot of rumors about NS for a long time now), it's just sad. I love this sport, and the passion it brings out in people. But Dads need to Chill. Obviously not every dad (Mr. Brooks seems awesome, as does Jason Nickal), but this guy, PD2, Mr. Martin, and quite a few of the dudes I see at youth tourneys. Just relax, let your kid enjoy the experience without projecting your own feelings of underachievement....

Yes, we're starting to get the inside story behind the Surianos wanting to be big fish in a small pond.

Kind of funny if true. Goodale benefitted by using an interfering parent to tamper with our roster. If that comes back to bite him, karmic justice is served...
Won't really hurt Goodale. I mean if Nick doesn't wrestle Rutgers has nobody wrestling Saturday night. It isn't like that is uncommon.

Won't really hurt Goodale. I mean if Nick doesn't wrestle Rutgers has nobody wrestling Saturday night. It isn't like that is uncommon.

But they have the reputation of a perennial top 5 program to uphold :)

But they have the reputation of a perennial top 5 program to uphold :)
Yeah I spent a good part of the season trying to figure out how the self proclaimed perennial top 5 team got beat every time they wrestled a division 1 program, but then i figured it out. Top 5 New Jersey program. Generally somewhere just behind Blair and Bergen Catholic.

Have heard something similar

We've all heard this, but we've all heard it from the same place so it's not like it's been from multiple sources. Someone on HR I believe posted that he saw it posed on Facebook.

All I know is that I really, really want to see a healthy Nick Suriano wrestle a healthy Spencer Lee. That's the wrestling fan in me just wanting to see two Goliath's go at it.

If this is indeed true then Nick should hit the ejector seat on his father's side of the helicopter.

We've all heard this, but we've all heard it from the same place so it's not like it's been from multiple sources. Someone on HR I believe posted that he saw it posed on Facebook.

All I know is that I really, really want to see a healthy Nick Suriano wrestle a healthy Spencer Lee. That's the wrestling fan in me just wanting to see two Goliath's go at it.

After one of them beats Nato first of course

Reactions: CentexLion
After one of them beats Nato first of course
Nato will not beat Nick S. Nick is a lot stronger than Nico just ask Zain. Nato being very strong was a match up problem for Nico. Plus Nick will go forever. Come March Nato is going to suffer. You can only fight your body so long.

RU coaches in top secrets talks with Cael...”You give us Cassar and we will let Suriano take out Nato for you in March”

Reactions: Sumtinwong

That’s not where I heard it. My source wasn’t a message board. It’s from someone with a family member in the Rutgers program

And all I was told was a staph infection. No more details

Can hardly wait for the full story from NJ.com :)

I'll expect Coach Goodale to give a thorough reporting of this entire story. Short of that, I'll expect NJ.COM to rip him to shreads for not being transparent and completely available to the press ;)

Reactions: tabenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT