ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU - Indiana game thread

LOL some of you are ridiculous. It is the first game of the season, look at us last year from beginning to end.

Let's see what happens on 10/28 before bashing Ohio State in their first game.

LOL some of you are ridiculous. It is the first game of the season, look at us last year from beginning to end.

Let's see what happens on 10/28 before bashing Ohio State in their first game.

at the beginning of last year, no one was anointing PSU as a team that will not be challenged en route to a B10 title and playoff appearance

see the difference?

at the beginning of last year, no one was anointing PSU as a team that will not be challenged en route to a B10 title and playoff appearance

see the difference?

First game of the season and they won by 28 against a big 10 opponent. I think they will be okay.

I'll expect an equal meltdown if we don't beat Akron by 35+ tomorrow.

In that Cleveland.com preseason poll, Ohio State received something like 29 of the 32 first place votes for the Big Ten East prediction. How many ESPN analysts predicted them to win the national championship? Was it 34 of 37?

Ohio State is supposed to be this unstoppable juggernaut according to the "experts". That is the standard that we are judging them on.

Judge....I think we're all free to judge any team on any standard we choose. I'm perfectly fine with that. But I would suggest reserving that judgement until teams have played three or four games.
I would think everyone would agree that OSU looked much better last night than PSU looked against Pitt last year. Penn State was a pretty poor football team that day, especially in the first half, yet eventually won the B1G championship and was playing as well as any team in the country by bowl season.
All these analysts and experts are picking OSU to win the national championship. That comes about in January. How OSU or PSU or Mich or Bama play on Labor Day weekend is almost irrelevant. Either Bama or FSU is going to be 0-1 heading into the second week, but that loss won't mean squat at the end of the season if they win out.
Most Top 25 teams have fits and starts early in the season. That's why most schedule weak sisters in their openers. I expect some inconsistent play from PSU on Saturday. I also expect many of the "we're much better than OSU" posters on this board to be complaining about Penn State's play at some point in the next two or three weeks.
Anyone who thinks that was Ohio State at its best last night is a fool who knows little about college football.

Judge....I think we're all free to judge any team on any standard we choose. I'm perfectly fine with that. But I would suggest reserving that judgement until teams have played three or four games.
I would think everyone would agree that OSU looked much better last night than PSU looked against Pitt last year. Penn State was a pretty poor football team that day, especially in the first half, yet eventually won the B1G championship and was playing as well as any team in the country by bowl season.
All these analysts and experts are picking OSU to win the national championship. That comes about in January. How OSU or PSU or Mich or Bama play on Labor Day weekend is almost irrelevant. Either Bama or FSU is going to be 0-1 heading into the second week, but that loss won't mean squat at the end of the season if they win out.
Most Top 25 teams have fits and starts early in the season. That's why most schedule weak sisters in their openers. I expect some inconsistent play from PSU on Saturday. I also expect many of the "we're much better than OSU" posters on this board to be complaining about Penn State's play at some point in the next two or three weeks.
Anyone who thinks that was Ohio State at its best last night is a fool who knows little about college football.
Agree. And as "bad" as OSU was last night, they still put up 600 yards, 49 points, and covered the -21 spread with a 28 point victory against a team that was bowl eligible last year and likely will be again this year. As an OSU fan, yeah, it was ugly at times but I will take it in an opening game on the road in the B1G. And Indiana, to their credit, made some incredible throws and catches in that game.

Agree. And as "bad" as OSU was last night, they still put up 600 yards, 49 points, and covered the -21 spread with a 28 point victory against a team that was bowl eligible last year and likely will be again this year. As an OSU fan, yeah, it was ugly at times but I will take it in an opening game on the road in the B1G. And Indiana, to their credit, made some incredible throws and catches in that game.
First half they were certainly quite Flukey in gaining their lead.

I actually came away impressed with tOSU. Their DL to me looked great, their dbs and lbs are fast, not sure if they are strong enough to consistently match up with some of hte bigger WRs and TEs. I thought that IU would give them a game and they did. IU running fast plays did not make sense should have milked the clock to shorten the game.

tOSU needs to develop a WR....perhaps it can be Campbell, but he has to be able to catch the deep ball or everyone will squat on the short routes which hurts the short pass and the Run/ Pass / Option that tOSU runs.

tOSU is going to be favored against PSU in the Shoe probably by 8-10 points and it will take a good game by PSU to cover with the points, and a great game to win the game.

tOSU continues to reload, not rebuild.

OSU is big, fast, strong and they have depth, but just like every other team out there they can be beat on any given day.

Sorry - disagree.

PSU was decimated with injuries during the Pitt game and Pitt took advantage of those injuries and the inexperienced players filling in. The Offense was no where near comfortable with the offensive plays either - and the OL was still a work in progress. tO$U is simply supposed to reload and never miss a beat. The look mediocre against a mid-tier Big Ten team. Yeah they scored 35pts in the second half - against a gassed IU defense because the IU offense couldn't must 10yds rushing the entire game. You can't come compare PSU to IU... PSU has far too many more stallions in the stable.

If tO$U doesn't get it together they will have a hard time beating OU, PSU, and UM. Do they have the potential? Yes, but those teams also have time to game plan for all the weaknesses that were exposed last night.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT