ADVERTISEMENT

Words are wind - especially Coach Franklin’s

Again, these are your metrics. Not everyone has the same metrics. It depends on the question and what the answer will be used for. See my perfect tree example.

Also, you present these without context.

W/L -- 68% is good enough for about 20th among active coaches (about equal to Harbaugh) and includes a covid year and 2 years impacted by sanctions (note: I compared against active winning percentages not just specifically from the time CJF has been at PSU, but the point is the same)

Division -- only 5 coaches have won the division title (he being one of them) in that time period and two of them (Day/Meyer) were from the same school.

Conference -- See above. Two of the coaches who did win the conference are no longer coaching. So another way to say this is that he is only 1 of 3 of his active colleagues to win the conference championship. But that doesn't fit your narrative, so you ignore that point.

Playoff/Playoff Win/NC -- see argument above as to why this is also a horrible metric to use.

(and regarding my knowledge of the scientific method, please let's not go down the CV rabbit hole again. I assure you I work with the scientific method more (or at the very least as much) than you do. It's literally my job.)
Bottom line, when you look at the hard data for success, the numbers do not indicate "most successful". You can only reach that conclusion by introducing bias. Last I looked introducing bias was frowned upon by the scientific community.

Don't really understand your closing comments. I've never discussed CV with you and don't care to. I do find it quite an assumption on your part to make the claims you do when you have no idea as to the extent of my abilities or lack thereof. Doesn't seem very analytical.

Can you name the better coaches who want to come to PSU? You all hated Urban until PSU really needed him and then he was your first choice. Urban turned the job down. Dabo and Saban are not coming here.

I think Franklins' record is probably better than Saban's record at MSU. Part of the problem is PSU. Many studs are not interested in PSU. You might want to look in the mirror. PSU is at best the third best program in the B10. When is the last time PSU had more talent than OSU? Even UM outrecruits PSU.
Saban was 57% at MSU.

Recruiting has some to do with it, but there is also significant "randomness" in CFB. You can overcome that randomness with overwhelmingly superior talent (which is what Bama and OSU have been doing) but for many team, one or more losses per year comes down to a bad call or an injury or a fluky tipped pass or wind blowing a FG into an upright, etc. Pretty much any one score game could flip on this element of randomness. Note that last year every PSU loss except for OSU was by one score. Note that Michigan had 3 one score wins in 2021.

Someone needs to since you don't seem to have a grasp of it.

Lets see what defines metrics for "most successful coaches in CFB...". To most people, the bottom line metric is w/l record. Another would be winning their division (for those with divisions). Winning their conference. Making the playoff. Winning a playoff game. Winning the CFP.

So after 8.5 seasons, James is:

W/L - 72 and 34 (68%)
Division - 1 for 8 (0.125)
Conference - 1 for 8 (0.125)
Make Playoff - 0 for 8
Win Playoff Game - 0 for 8
Win CFP - 0 for 8

That is a far cry from being "one of the most successful coaches in CFB".
Not to mention, haven't three teams in our division made the playoffs? MSU did in 2015. I'm sure many on here will make fun that they didn't score a point in the playoff game -- well I'd rather get there instead of playing in the Outback Bowl. JF blew his best chance in 2017 when that team had arguably more developed talent than anyone in the conference, and that includes OSU.

Saban was 57% at MSU.

Recruiting has some to do with it, but there is also significant "randomness" in CFB. You can overcome that randomness with overwhelmingly superior talent (which is what Bama and OSU have been doing) but for many team, one or more losses per year comes down to a bad call or an injury or a fluky tipped pass or wind blowing a FG into an upright, etc. Pretty much any one score game could flip on this element of randomness. Note that last year every PSU loss except for OSU was by one score. Note that Michigan had 3 one score wins in 2021.
Bama, OSU, and UGA have, for the most part, superior talent to overcome much of the randomness you suggest. And, I agree, the randomness is what makes CFB so darn exciting, and gut wrenching all at once. But, what about lesser talented, but still big programs making the playoffs...i.e. Washington, MSU, and ND. Notre Dame is an outlier b/c they are a blueblood, but still not as talented as the big three. Cincy even got in. Yet, PSU can't crack the playoff nut. I know I know Washington gets everyone irate in 2016 being in. But, my point is, having to need an expanded playoff to finally get in is frustrating to many when you look at the boatloads of high quality NFL players JF has put in the league. The bottom line, we've lost more games to inferior opponents than randomness should suggest for this program.

Bottom line, when you look at the hard data for success, the numbers do not indicate "most successful". You can only reach that conclusion by introducing bias. Last I looked introducing bias was frowned upon by the scientific community.

Don't really understand your closing comments. I've never discussed CV with you and don't care to. I do find it quite an assumption on your part to make the claims you do when you have no idea as to the extent of my abilities or lack thereof. Doesn't seem very analytical.
Your error is that you think "most successful" is an actual metric. It is not. If you want to argue won loss record, he's top 20-ish. That is an actual metric that you cannot argue with.

If you want to argue number of playoff appearances wins, you can argue that. But I'd argue that a) your sample size is too small and b) he falls into the category of everybody but 10 people, all of whom haven't made it. So it's not a useful metric.

You've definitely been on threads with your friend Whack-a-Nole where my scientific credentials were discussed in great detail. Not doing that again.

Bama, OSU, and UGA have, for the most part, superior talent to overcome much of the randomness you suggest. And, I agree, the randomness is what makes CFB so darn exciting, and gut wrenching all at once. But, what about lesser talented, but still big programs making the playoffs...i.e. Washington, MSU, and ND. Notre Dame is an outlier b/c they are a blueblood, but still not as talented as the big three. Cincy even got in. Yet, PSU can't crack the playoff nut. I know I know Washington gets everyone irate in 2016 being in. But, my point is, having to need an expanded playoff to finally get in is frustrating to many when you look at the boatloads of high quality NFL players JF has put in the league. The bottom line, we've lost more games to inferior opponents than randomness should suggest for this program.
This is how randomness works though. If, for example, DaeSean Hamilton catches that ball against Pitt in 2016, PSU goes to the playoff. Randomness can also involve other team above you losing.

Someone needs to since you don't seem to have a grasp of it.

Lets see what defines metrics for "most successful coaches in CFB...". To most people, the bottom line metric is w/l record. Another would be winning their division (for those with divisions). Winning their conference. Making the playoff. Winning a playoff game. Winning the CFP.

So after 8.5 seasons, James is:

W/L - 72 and 34 (68%)
Division - 1 for 8 (0.125)
Conference - 1 for 8 (0.125)
Make Playoff - 0 for 8
Win Playoff Game - 0 for 8
Win CFP - 0 for 8

That is a far cry from being "one of the most successful coaches in CFB".

Name the coaches who are more successful using YOUR metric who want to come to PSU!

This is how randomness works though. If, for example, DaeSean Hamilton catches that ball against Pitt in 2016, PSU goes to the playoff. Randomness can also involve other team above you losing.
Right...but at some point, randomness is different than not being good enough, well developed enough, having poise (a JoePa word), etc. You can't chalk up every failure and loss or negative moment to "randomness." I know you aren't as critical as others on here, which is all good. There is a faction that others fall into as being critical but not maniac's, and others are just trolls. But, even you, who I believe sees things through blue and white glasses much of the time, can't chalk up every 'disappointing result or season to randomness. If so, I guess you don't hold JF or the program accountable for much to anything. Other coaches ( of the non big 3) have gotten over the hump with FAR less resources and tradition than PSU.

Your error is that you think "most successful" is an actual metric. It is not. If you want to argue won loss record, he's top 20-ish. That is an actual metric that you cannot argue with.

If you want to argue number of playoff appearances wins, you can argue that. But I'd argue that a) your sample size is too small and b) he falls into the category of everybody but 10 people, all of whom haven't made it. So it's not a useful metric.

You've definitely been on threads with your friend Whack-a-Nole where my scientific credentials were discussed in great detail. Not doing that again.
So if you are a perennial 9-3/10-2 type of program looking for a head coach you are going to consider a coach that is a 68% kind of guy? I would think most programs of that type would seek to improve their lot rather than hire one that is a 15% drop.

I've been on lots of threads and you start berating me because there were other posters you don't like in the same threads? That seems reasonable.

He cant name anyone better who actually wants to come to PSU. I will give him Saban, Dabo, and Urban. Urban turned down PSU. Saban and DAbo are in better positions.

PSU is at best the third most attractive program in the B10. Fourth once USC joins. That is third to recruits and coaches. On paper PSU really should finish around third each year on the field.

Reactions: crm114psu
So if you are a perennial 9-3/10-2 type of program looking for a head coach you are going to consider a coach that is a 68% kind of guy? I would think most programs of that type would seek to improve their lot rather than hire one that is a 15% drop.

I've been on lots of threads and you start berating me because there were other posters you don't like in the same threads? That seems reasonable.

Problem is you cant give us the list of coaches who are better who actually want the job.

Do you have a long list of perennial 11-1/12-0 coaches?

The top coaches want to improve their lot too. That means they would prefer to coach at Alabama, Clemson, OSU, USC, and Georgia over PSU. The 5*s players also prefer those programs.

Jay wants the job. Saban does not want this job.

PS. Joe's career record is on par with the 9-3 coaches. .750 winning %.

Last edited:
Not to mention, haven't three teams in our division made the playoffs? MSU did in 2015. I'm sure many on here will make fun that they didn't score a point in the playoff game -- well I'd rather get there instead of playing in the Outback Bowl. JF blew his best chance in 2017 when that team had arguably more developed talent than anyone in the conference, and that includes OSU.
So Mark Dantonio and Jimma Harbaugh are better coaches than Franklin?

What college coaches today are better than Franklin?

Saban
Sweeney
Smart
Riley
Brian Kelly
Ryan Day

I'll give you those guys.

Who else? Are we dipping into, Jimmah, Fickell, Stoops, Kiffin, Chip Kelly, Whittingham, Heupel, Tucker, Brohm, Fleck, Fitzgerald, Sarkisian, Campbell, Liepold, Mack Brown, who else? Are they all better than Franklin? So you would do a trade straight up today to get any of these guys and trade Franklin? For sure they would elevate PSU into winning the B10 East and getting into the 4 team playoff and what win 85% of their games?

What criteria do you use? Is the only thing you care about are wins and losses? So you are on the board of directors of a company, a CEO candidate emerges with a great track record of driving revenue and profit growth but has a reputation as a horrible people manager and questionable personal ethics, you hire him or her, no question?

Is Pat Fitzgerald a horrible coach? He never made the playoff? Oh he won a lousy division a few times so he is great? He gets less talent but I thought the metric was wins and losses so tough if you don't have great talent can't use that excuse.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Name the coaches who are more successful using YOUR metric who want to come to PSU!
I'm in agreement with you. I can't think of a single one that would want to come to PSU.

I just have a low tolerance for BS statements like "most successful coaches in CFB" with no basis in any factual information. No problem with people that like CJF and want him to succeed here.

Saban
Sweeney
Smart
Riley
Brian Kelly
Ryan Day

Who else? Are we dipping into, Jimmah, Fickell, Stoops, Kiffin, Chip Kelly, Whittingham, Heupel, Tucker, Brohm, Fleck, Fitzgerald, Sarkisian, Campbell, Liepold, Mack Brown, who else? Are they all better than Franklin? So you would do a trade straight up today to get any of these guys and trade Franklin? For sure they would elevate PSU into winning the B10 East and getting into the 4 team playoff and what win 85% of their games?

What criteria do you use? Is the only thing you care about are wins and losses? So you are on the board of directors of a company, a CEO candidate emerges with a great track record of driving revenue and profit growth but has a reputation as a horrible people manager and questionable personal ethics, you hire him or her, no question?

Is Pat Fitzgerald a horrible coach? He never made the playoff? Oh he won a lousy division a few times so he is great? He gets less talent but I thought the metric was wins and losses so tough if you don't have great talent can't use that excuse.
I never said or brought up on this thread about coaches who might be better. Why is that always the default, lazy argument? I'm just saying that of our program size, resources, tradition, fanbase, etc., making a playoff, a single playoff, every couple of years or so really shouldn't be much to ask. If you think it is, that's cool -- I can't tell you how or what your expectations should be. They are different for everyone. Your CEO argument on the surface is a good one -- JF is more a CEO than a head coach. His strengths lie in relationship building, fostering a family environment and is a good face for the program. But, don't shoot the messenger. I believe Pat Kraft said something to the extent of in the preseason, paraphrasing, At PSU, all of our programs should be competing for championships. He was quoted when asked where he sees PSU football headed in five years as: "Natl champions...that's the goal." My question for you is, if that isn't achieved, will u still tout the ceo stuff?

Right...but at some point, randomness is different than not being good enough, well developed enough, having poise (a JoePa word), etc. You can't chalk up every failure and loss or negative moment to "randomness." I know you aren't as critical as others on here, which is all good. There is a faction that others fall into as being critical but not maniac's, and others are just trolls. But, even you, who I believe sees things through blue and white glasses much of the time, can't chalk up every 'disappointing result or season to randomness. If so, I guess you don't hold JF or the program accountable for much to anything. Other coaches ( of the non big 3) have gotten over the hump with FAR less resources and tradition than PSU.
Vastly superior talent and/or vastly superior execution can overcome randomness. If you are winning every game by 3 TDs, one event doesn't determine a game. Most programs, especially in incredibly difficult divisions like Big Ten East, are NOT going to win every game by 3 TDs.

And to be clear randomness goes both ways. In 2016, OSU was almost certainly a better team than PSU. But a rare event (kick six) resulted in an "unlikely" PSU win.

Some blog (maybe mgoblog, but others do it too, I'm sure) does a comparison each year where they flip every one score game to the other result (in other words a one score win becomes a loss and a one score loss becomes a win) to play the "what might have been if things went slightly differently" argument.

For PSU last year, Auburn and Wisconsin become losses, but Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Illinois become wins which would flip the record to 9-3. Or another way to look at it the range of records (based on one score games and randomness) for last year was 5-7 to 11-1. And even that one loss was a 9 point loss to OSU.

What I think is realistic is for PSU to win MOST of their conference (and all of their OOC) by 2+ scores, with one or two games per year (OSU and one other) coming down to a close game where "randomness" plays a factor. So in scientific terms, reduce the error bars around your potential outcomes, so that a "bad year" is 10-2 and a good year is 12-0. I think PSU is pretty close to doing that, but we will see.

Saban
Sweeney
Smart
Riley
Brian Kelly
Ryan Day

Not Kelly. UM fans were ready to fire Harbaugh until last year.

I'm in agreement with you. I can't think of a single one that would want to come to PSU.

I just have a low tolerance for BS statements like "most successful coaches in CFB" with no basis in any factual information. No problem with people that like CJF and want him to succeed here.
I give you facts; you just don't like them so you disregard them. You do this on other topics as well.

He cant name anyone better who actually wants to come to PSU. I will give him Saban, Dabo, and Urban. Urban turned down PSU. Saban and DAbo are in better positions.

PSU is at best the third most attractive program in the B10. Fourth once USC joins. That is third to recruits and coaches. On paper PSU really should finish around third each year on the field.
You are correct, I cannot.

Vastly superior talent and/or vastly superior execution can overcome randomness. If you are winning every game by 3 TDs, one event doesn't determine a game. Most programs, especially in incredibly difficult divisions like Big Ten East, are NOT going to win every game by 3 TDs.

And to be clear randomness goes both ways. In 2016, OSU was almost certainly a better team than PSU. But a rare event (kick six) resulted in an "unlikely" PSU win.

Some blog (maybe mgoblog, but others do it too, I'm sure) does a comparison each year where they flip every one score game to the other result (in other words a one score win becomes a loss and a one score loss becomes a win) to play the "what might have been if things went slightly differently" argument.

For PSU last year, Auburn and Wisconsin become losses, but Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Illinois become wins which would flip the record to 9-3. Or another way to look at it the range of records (based on one score games and randomness) for last year was 5-7 to 11-1. And even that one loss was a 9 point loss to OSU.

What I think is realistic is for PSU to win MOST of their conference (and all of their OOC) by 2+ scores, with one or two games per year (OSU and one other) coming down to a close game where "randomness" plays a factor. So in scientific terms, reduce the error bars around your potential outcomes, so that a "bad year" is 10-2 and a good year is 12-0. I think PSU is pretty close to doing that, but we will see.
I agree with your last graph -- a 10-2 season should be a "bad year" or at least the bottom of expectations. It's infuriating to read many posts where 8 or 9 wins is acceptable. That is absolutely ridiculous to me. I think we are close too -- but as JF has mentioned, that distance between being very good and elite is incredibly difficult. But, a standard I still hold him too as he lit that candle

Not Kelly. UM fans were ready to fire Harbaugh until last year.
Not Kelly? Guy has won EVERYWHERE he's been. Grand Valley State, CMU, Cincy, ND. All conference titles, natl titles at gvsu, or in ND's case, playoff. LOL ok. As to the quality of human being, that is a totally separate argument. As a HC, I disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit07
I give you facts; you just don't like them so you disregard them. You do this on other topics as well.
A CFB HC with a 68% record over 8.5 seasons is not one of the currently "most successful CFB coaches". But that is ok, you are happy with him. Others will disagree.

Reactions: MacNit07
Not doom-and-gloom - just lost patience with all of the pretense and “contextualizing” of PSU football by our Head Coach. WIN. Win vs UM on Saturday. WIN more, lose less. Anything else is bovine scatorum. And I believe Nittany Nation has had more than enough of that. WIN games. Stop losing so many games. Stop trying to make football sound like particle physics. Stop worrying about NFL combine numbers and who is or isn’t a weight room hero and WIN more football games!
Damn....just win! It’s that simple! Strange how no one thought of that.

Win.....

Just win......

Don’t game plan. Don’t use any strategy. Don’t evaluate opponents talents. Or your own players talents.

No need to adjust. No need to look at match ups. No need to coach.

Just win.

Damn.

Wish I thought of that........

I agree with your last graph -- a 10-2 season should be a "bad year" or at least the bottom of expectations. It's infuriating to read many posts where 8 or 9 wins is acceptable. That is absolutely ridiculous to me. I think we are close too -- but as JF has mentioned, that distance between being very good and elite is incredibly difficult. But, a standard I still hold him too as he lit that candle
I think we pretty much agree, but maybe on the definition of "acceptable" there is a range of thoughts (I think there are posters who want to fire Franklin if he goes 9-3, which is just absurd; if the best he ever does is 9-3, then maybe, but he's already done better than that multiple times so....)

A CFB HC with a 68% record over 8.5 seasons is not one of the currently "most successful CFB coaches". But that is ok, you are happy with him. Others will disagree.
Again "most successful CFB coaches" is not a quantitative metric. It is qualitative.

68% is top 20. That's top 15% of all coaches at the FCS level. Even if that were the ONLY metric (it is not), that's quite successful, especially given sanctions and covid.

The best record of any coach with more than five seasons is 82%. The difference between 68% and 82% is about 1.5 games per year. You act like this is a chasm. It is not. See posts above about randomness.

I think we pretty much agree, but maybe on the definition of "acceptable" there is a range of thoughts (I think there are posters who want to fire Franklin if he goes 9-3, which is just absurd; if the best he ever does is 9-3, then maybe, but he's already done better than that multiple times so....)
Right...there is a large range of thoughts for "acceptable." And, I don't buy the argument of next year, or a certain year being "the year." Whether it be b/c Allar will start, the RB's are older, etc. In today's climate of CFB with the portal, NIL, etc., you truly never know what your roster will look like year to year, especially the core players who could leave in a minute. Gone are the old days of redshirting young guys, maybe you start them JR. year. Those days are done. You have to play for the present year and expectations should not waver because of that, whether you have a young team or old team. So, what are the excuses (assuming no playoffs this year), if PSU doesn't make it next year...I can hear them now..."well losing J'Ayir and JPJ in the secondary was too much to replace, and on offense, our WR corps (likely sans Tinsley and even Parker if he leaves), was too much to overcome." That is why this "wait till Allar or next year" stuff is nonsense. Let's win Saturday, and go from there...and hopefully this aggregate roster, which is littered with high star recruits actually performs to their level and see what happens the remainder of the season.

Public service announcement to Nittany Nation: do yourselves a favor and do not listen to any Coach Franklin press conference, media day, etc. He will blather on about various metrics and such along with how well the team is preparing and how so-and-so is doing great in practice. Then we’ll have to actually play the game against an equally talented, undefeated team in their home stadium with Big Ten refs who have a 29 year history of “assisting“ UM (and O$U) get to The Game undefeated.

if history is the judge, Franklin will decide something egregiously stupidly (like last season’s disaster fake FG, or 2014s equally dumb fake punt vs UM), His fair-haired boy Clifford will make a critical mistake, and we will lose. What’s his record vs top 10 foes? Something awful like 2-13?

Please. Words are wind - especially his. WIN this game. WIN more, lose less. Beat UM, beat O$U. Win this corrupt, biased, old-boys network cesspool of a conference. Otherwise, spare us the blather about chunk plays and whatever other over-intellectualized b.s. you use to try and dazzle the glorified stenographers you bamboozle every week. WIN more, lose less. Those are the only metrics that matter.

PSU Forever
Wow, you out winded the coach in your post hilarious

p30090_p_v8_ap.jpg

Public service announcement to Nittany Nation: do yourselves a favor and do not listen to any Coach Franklin press conference, media day, etc. He will blather on about various metrics and such along with how well the team is preparing and how so-and-so is doing great in practice. Then we’ll have to actually play the game against an equally talented, undefeated team in their home stadium with Big Ten refs who have a 29 year history of “assisting“ UM (and O$U) get to The Game undefeated.

if history is the judge, Franklin will decide something egregiously stupidly (like last season’s disaster fake FG, or 2014s equally dumb fake punt vs UM), His fair-haired boy Clifford will make a critical mistake, and we will lose. What’s his record vs top 10 foes? Something awful like 2-13?

Please. Words are wind - especially his. WIN this game. WIN more, lose less. Beat UM, beat O$U. Win this corrupt, biased, old-boys network cesspool of a conference. Otherwise, spare us the blather about chunk plays and whatever other over-intellectualized b.s. you use to try and dazzle the glorified stenographers you bamboozle every week. WIN more, lose less. Those are the only metrics that matter.

PSU Forever
Brump!

I’ll let you know if and when, mostly if, Franklin ever goes undefeated. Don’t bet your retirement savings on it ever occurring (though I certainly hope it does, and this season!).

he can say whatever he wants- but shame on us for listening to it.
Shame on you for listening. I'm fine.

Reactions: WIP2001
Precisely. I think Franklin does a good job at press conferences and with the media. He's not the one bloviating here.
Franklin does a good job of intimidating the reporters who ask the hard questions about the teams poor play, to the point where they no longer ask or are black balled from the press room.

A tiger doesn’t change his stripes and neither does Franklin, he is a poor on the field coach like everyone knows so don’t make any excuses for this guy.Come Saturday he will have all kinds of excuses why we didn’t win

Franklin does a good job of intimidating the reporters who ask the hard questions about the teams poor play, to the point where they no longer ask or are black balled from the press room.
"Hi James, how you doing. How is the wife and kids?"

Would love to see a Saban reaction to that lame horseshit in a press conference.

Purdue is a solid team. Auburn is awful but they have lost their top 2 QBs I believe. Nevertheless, if scUM played Auburn at Auburn when we did I am fairly confident scUM would have won by 20+ points. So what does that mean?
We are evenly matched with scUM and Saturday's game will be close. Comes down to who can run it more effectively and which QB has a better game. Both QBs are game managers so which one makes the least mistakes and makes the better decisions.
That’s my issue. I think Clifford has a propensity to give games away with boneheaded mistakes. I hope he proves me wrong, but I would bet against him having a clean game.

Yep the 30 writers covering are all intimidated. What exactly did you want them to ask this year?

And what do you think the answer would’ve been knowing that a coach will never say something like “well, so and so sucks but he’s the best we got because I missed in the 2020 recruiting cycle”

A tiger doesn’t change his stripes and neither does Franklin, he is a poor on the field coach like everyone knows so don’t make any excuses for this guy.Come Saturday he will have all kinds of excuses why we didn’t win
We? I had no idea that you were a Penn Stater. Have you ever said anything positive about Penn State?

Reactions: marshall23
Perhaps the winds are coming from right "behind" you guys?"

PSU Forever
hard to argue. Personally I don't waste any time listening to what frankiln says.
Normally, I expect at least one, maybe 2 losses each year because of coaching.
How many games have we lost in last minutes of a game because of a porous zone prevent defense? Under franklin, if we're up by 21 with 10 minutes remaining, the game is still in doubt.

I wait anxiously to see what a diaz defense does saturday against michigan. I'm not expecting to win.

hard to argue. Personally I don't waste any time listening to what frankiln says.
Normally, I expect at least one, maybe 2 losses each year because of coaching.
How many games have we lost in last minutes of a game because of a porous zone prevent defense? Under franklin, if we're up by 21 with 10 minutes remaining, the game is still in doubt.

I wait anxiously to see what a diaz defense does saturday against michigan. I'm not expecting to win.
Gotta tip your cap to Franklin......10 years guaranteed at 7 million per year. Imagine if you rated him as a good coach?

ADVERTISEMENT