ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling: Penn State vs. Iowa Match Thread

Used to be Cass beats Kerk, Kerk beats Parris and Parris beats Cass.

Now Parris beats Kerk, Kerk beats Cass…. Does Cass beat Parris?

Vespas are cool…until Spencer is riding one
Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

I know emotions are high and my pulse/blood pressure is still high as well, but man some of you guys are acting like sore winners around here. Aside from Brands taunting Carter at the end (but immediately shaking his hand), Iowa acquitted themselves pretty well. The dual was about as expected, I would say (overall; I would have hoped for a bit more offense from some of our guys but we can hopefully work on that).

But we don’t need to spike the football in Iowa’s face. Act like we’ve been here before.

If this is your immediate feedback after that dual, man. We didn't lose as bad as you thought we would lose isn't a great look.
Again, all of these comments are related to the posts during the week. He said Carter would major Nelson at a minimum and continued to argue about it all week. Penn St is better overall. Congrats on the win.

Again, all of these comments are related to the posts during the week. He said Carter would major Nelson at a minimum and continued to argue about it all week. Penn St is better overall. Congrats on the win.
Brands will never get closer than tonight.

Iowa showed up and wrestled their asses off. 3 of our young guys lost tough matches but I like them being in matches like those. That is how you get better and figure out what you need to work on. BB, SVN, and Facundo all need to develop a go to leg attack though. Their defense is great and will keep them in every match but when you wrestle close matches every time out you are going to come up short once in awhile. I feel like all 3 can turn the result around next time they see Iowa if they create some offense and scramble situations early in the match. They are all very good scramblers but you have to create positions and flurry to make it happen. I hope CJFJoepall comes on here and eats some crow. Starocci didn’t come close to bonusing Nelson and BB wrestled exactly like Brands as well. BB didn’t take a single shot the first 2 periods. Not a strategy to win. RBY was f’ing awesome and both Kerk and Dean showed how tough they are. Huge ride by Dean when he needed it. Kerk seems to have definitely passed Big Cass. I don’t see Cass having much of a shot going forward. Levi had a tough match but other than that bodylock he seemed to be in control. Not much to say about AB. Complete domination against a kid he was supposed to dominate. Overall, a really fun tight dual. Nationals will not be nearly as tight as this was

Cass/Kerk was the only individual matchup I picked wrong, and even that one I was 50/50 on but let my fandom be the deciding factor. I was way off on bonus points though. RBY definitely was MVP for you guys to get that pin right after Spencer's "disappointing" tech fall and really shut down any road to victory we may have had

Lots of good matches throughout though. Real good atmosphere there that came through well on TV, I would love to make it to a dual in BJC sometime.

Congrats to PSU on a well earned victory tonight. Hoping for some more battles during the postseason between these two teams!

Starting our back up 165 against Aaron Brooks is a perfect storm?

I hate that Cael made Iowa do that. Devious, I tell you. 2 takedowns in 10 matches is a perfect enough storm for me. See you B1G week. It was an enjoyable week before the match started! Iowa represented themselves well.

I know emotions are high and my pulse/blood pressure is still high as well, but man some of you guys are acting like sore winners around here. Aside from Brands taunting Carter at the end (but immediately shaking his hand), Iowa acquitted themselves pretty well. The dual was about as expected, I would say (overall; I would have hoped for a bit more offense from some of our guys but we can hopefully work on that).

But we don’t need to spike the football in Iowa’s face. Act like we’ve been here before.
Literally nobody was doing that until our visitors started talking shit after the Murin match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT