ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

From LI, NY, Got started in wrestling in middle school, been involved ever since. Competed through college, small D2 school. Four year starter, was nationally ranked as a SR. got hurt, wrestled in regionals but could not overcome the injury.

Masters in education, certified NYS teacher. Had to get out because our schools are going to hell. Have my own business. Also heavy into lifting and training, had my own gym which was run as in a "team training fashion." Had good results with kids in all different sports as well as setting several state and national drug free records.

Wrote several articles about wrestling and training on a now out of business sight. They were well received and highly rated. OBSESSED with wrestling, always looking at the "why" and to get better as a coach and trainer. Right now mostly working with my younger son and some of his teammates.
Nice little bit of history but missing one big part that makes up Sir Ironbird. What made you become a rabid Hawkeye fan?
Reactions: BoHunter0210

Watch J'Ven Williams

I caught crap from the typical, you're not at practice crowd, when I said Rucci and Donkoh should be our two starting OTs. Well I just rewatched focusing on Williams and he got beat by everyone including #95 a walk on DE. I sent 4 plays of Williams getting beat bad to Joe Pano and there were more than that. Shelton didn't play but he's not much better.

Two other players I noticed and focused on...Abdul Carter and Lyons at DE.

Carter's bread and butter is his quick burst and speed. He also has a great bend. But temper expectations because he was going against true freshman Eagan Boyer and other OTs buried on the depth chart. Carter needs to develop his hands better. He needs a rip, hand swipe, etc...HE CANNOT JUST RELY ON HIS SPEED. He's an undersized DE at 6-3 250lbs. He has to be able to not allow OTs to lock him up with their hands.

On the flip side, I honestly think Jameial Lyons is the best DE on the team. Lyons has great size and length at 6-5...250lbs. He also has a quick burst but has great hands. He's great at swiping the OTs hands away as he is blowing by him. If the OT can't get hands on the DE, then he cant block you. DDS has great size and good hands to, but doesn't have the burst and quicks as Lyons. I think Lyons has the best combo of size, speed/burst and hands of any DE on the team.

Oh yeah and Cooper Cousins will be the best center to ever play at PSU when he leaves. This dude needs to start. If not at center then one of the OG spots. He's a brick wall that cannot be penetrated.

2024 Transfer Portal

Bucknell recently has been able to get more athletes into dual majors making them eligible to redshirt. As far as I know that is the only way they can there. Coach Wirns said in an interview that about half of their incoming class last year was able to get into dual majors. Also they expect to be fully funded by the time that glass graduates. I still don’t think that they take transfers or grey shirts.

I can’t speak to the wrestling team specifically, but when I was there >20 years ago transfers in were rare but possible.
Reactions: jpsolo

Is KLS going to the portal?

Another dumb post. Tinsley, Flemming, chop Robinson, AJ Harris, duke dt, Arnold ebikete.

Are jucos considered portals? If so we can add brisker and tig brown.

Psu has actually done well with the portal when we hit it.
Franklin has an excellent hit rate in the portal. Look at all the portal players that have gone into the NFL. Fact is, Franklin builds his team on recruiting, not the portal. He also directs NIL to maintaining his current players far more than portal players. That's not being a homer, that's being clueless regarding philosophy. You're spot on.

HAVE YOU HEARD???

We have a few bullets in the chamber and honestly need a few more! We have a path in I believe 2 years IF everything goes right for us, and maybe a few things do not for you. The most disturbing part, is the ridiculous class you have coming in!!!

Problem for you is, there is no way they all can get on the mat!!! Problem for everyone else is, you most likely keep the best of the best!

The kid who recently decommitted for example "could" turn out better then what you have. Only time will tell as you keep the higher ranked kid, and the kids currently on the team already. I see much greater problems in the upper weights, will some be OK with riding the pine waiting???

Thinking in this day and age with the portal, at least a few will leave. Going to be interesting. NOT seeing ANY team though making the strides necessary to overtake you as of right now. It appears that IOWA, ohio st, Ok st, are trying to get things going, but still fall short.

I think IOWA can battle with you in the upper weights IF we can get BIG Ben on the mat, and also a BIGGER IF AJ ever wakes his ass up and gets his act together. Caliendo, Arnold, lil Ferrari, AJ and Ben would battle with anyone!!!

We have Ayala, Block, Deluca, down low also. Add a piece here or there and BAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!
The clip bullets I meant were those aimed at ME from Lion folk irked at my support for Spencer, but I hear ya. Ayala and Caliendo are studs, though Cali may be snakebit like the excellent Hidlays were. Arnold is legit, and Deluca and Block could be, too. You need to salvage Angelo from the car pound, as he’s likely the only one worth more than scrap. As he grows into his football body, I think Kueter could AA, even with just a half-year.
Yes, odds and competitive fire say we’ll lose a few solid kids who’ll AA after portaling. I say “good for them.” Whether that success is at Iowa is unknown. What IS known is that Michigan portaled 52 points into their KC total last month, a record haul they’ll try to break each year.
Reactions: IRONBIRD

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Blue / White Spring game

The Chiefs have a QB that makes plays and also extends plays with his feet which allows all his receivers more time to get open. Allar hasn't shown the ability to extend plays as of yet. The 2023 Allar needed WR's that could get open and the PSU WR's couldn't always do that. If Allar's increased athleticism allows him to move around in the pocket and get outside it and make some throws on the run that would be a big help to the WR's. But then Allar has to have the confidence to throw it down the field when a receiver breaks open which he didn't really do last season. Allar has to improve as the super conservative QB we saw last season probably won't make enough plays to beat top 10 teams. JMO.
I mostly agree with your critique on Allar. His reads are slow and his awareness a work in progress. So many want to tag our receivers as the issue but it cuts both ways. Allar’s lack of confidence and reluctance to throw his receivers open was a disease for the receiver corp. The reality is that he is a 5 star project. Im waiting for him to jump a level but I am not holding my breath for it to happen quickly. Perhaps the o-coordinator can scheme to his strengths and mask his shortcomings to allow him time to improve. That will win a few games until the opposition schemes it away and forces Allar to beat them with superior QB play. The physical tools only get you so far.

What does Jay have to do with it? He was 15-20 yrs ago and we weren’t paying a HC $8m. Hagans has no recruits. He’s a well paid AC who needs to have impact and he hasn’t after two springs and a full season. You want elite? Demand much more from all of the coaches.
I have Voltz on mute...nearly all of his rebuttals have to do with the Joe yrs...it's very odd.

Hagan's recruits have even seen the field yet.

Did you complain about jay?
What does Jay have to do with it? He was 15-20 yrs ago and we weren’t paying a HC $8m. Hagans has no recruits. He’s a well paid AC who needs to have impact and he hasn’t after two springs and a full season. You want elite? Demand much more from all of the coaches.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT