ADVERTISEMENT

Idea for stalling

In my opinion too many guys want to just shove, back up and take half shots on the edge to make it look like they're doing something. We all know they're trying to keep things close so they can get lucky and win on the only actual flurry of the match. To combat this I say we change the rule that if you haven't taken a committed shot in the first period your opponent won't be hit for stalling in the third. Force actual action in the first period or your opponent will be allowed to stall his ass off during the last two minutes. It will also let the ref put his whistle in his pocket and not make stupid decisions that ruin the sport.

BTN embarrassing

If it's supposed to be a sports "news" program then any national championship result should always be the lead story. It doesnt matter what the sport is. It may not be the most popular sport but a championship is the biggest news story of the day. Nobody that's a sports fan should complain about that. If it's a news program there is no bigger news than the championship.
  • Haha
Reactions: LandoComando

2024-25 PSU Lineup (The Dynasty Continues)

The Sasso situation is just a shame. I agree though if he wrestles at all it will be an amazing accomplishment. To be at an elite level after what he's gone through and going through would be amazing. Like Peyton Robb I hope he comes back strong.
I hope I'm wrong about him returning, if that's what he wants. Though time is not his friend for his remaining folk eligibility even though he's a slam dunk 2024 medical shirt.

I think we go get Parker Kecieisen and put him up at 97 so Mirasola can shirt.
Why do we need Keckeisen for Mirasola to redshirt? Cochran is a perfectly fine 197 for a year. Given his results this year, I think he'd be in the mix for an AA spot at nationals. Is that really going to cost PSU the title next year? LMAO. We just won by a hundred f-ing points.

Keckeisen isn't coming to PSU and he isn't going up to 197, either.

Returning Points for next year below.

TL;DR version: 2025 will be another fun year.

Caveats:
- Assumes Beau and Kerk both return, Carter does not.
- Some guys may or may not choose to extend via their Covid years. (I have an Excel filter set up to capture any such future changes.)
- Assumes no weight changes. Will adjust if any affect lineups.
- Have not yet incorporated 2023 points for guys who shirted or were injured this year. Example: Alirez will push Northern Colorado into the top 20.

I'll update with the 2023 points for shirts and injured guys, and when significant transfers occur.

Also, will likely exclude Sasso's 2023 points because I don't expect him to return, nor at a national finalist level if he somehow does.

#TeamPts
1​
Penn State
133.0​
2​
Ohio State
62.0​
3​
Nebraska
53.0​
4​
Arizona State
47.5​
T5​
Iowa
41.5​
T5​
Virginia Tech
41.5​
7​
Northern Iowa
39.5​
8​
Iowa State
37.0​
9​
Lehigh
36.5​
10​
Missouri
35.0​
11​
Stanford
34.0​
12​
West Virginia
31.5​
13​
Cornell
31.0​
14​
Oklahoma State
28.5​
15​
NC State
25.5​
16​
Little Rock
24.0​
17​
South Dakota State
22.5​
18​
Oregon State
20.0​
T19​
Michigan
17.5​
T19​
Minnesota
17.5​
The Sasso situation is just a shame. I agree though if he wrestles at all it will be an amazing accomplishment. To be at an elite level after what he's gone through and going through would be amazing. Like Peyton Robb I hope he comes back strong.

What's taking College Wrestling so long to add the push-out rule?

The only thing that needs (and ever needed ) to be changed was the proper enforcement of stalling.
Yes maybe it will finally be called correctly all of a sudden after decades of it being called incorrectly, just because.

Reminds me of politicians saying what the problems are instead of offering real solutions political cycle after cycle.

What's taking College Wrestling so long to add the push-out rule?

Probably just as much as you and if you watch it enough they push people out of bounds to ****ing score a point seriously. If a wrestler can drive someone out of bounds instead of shooting for a take down to get a win what do you think they will do. I watch Iowa do this shit all the time. Keep pushing the kid back and drive them out of bounds to get a stall call. That idiotic bullshit is for Iowa wrestlers because they suck at finishing take downs.
Login to view embedded media

2024 NCAA's - Day 3 - Match/discussion thread

I don’t blame Fix for the confusion in the semis. I put that squarely on the refs.

BTW, I know a lot of people don’t like Fix’s wrestling style, but in person he’s actually a pretty decent guy. Feel bad he has to carry around all those losses in the finals.
Except that confusion and parade of bricks and reviews follow him around.

We were sitting in the UNC and SDSU section and there was a lot of Fix Fatigue for 3 days.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT