ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden and the Sovietization of America

Democrats are totalitarian.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/joe-biden-sovietization-america/

I write with the clangorous strains of Joe Biden’s speech at Philadelphia’s Independence Hall still ringing in my ears. By the time you read this, the attendant tinnitus will doubtless have abated. The effects of the speech, however, will be echoing throughout the land for many months if not longer.

The commentator Ben Shapiro was, I believe, correct in judging Biden’s brief speech “the most demagogic, outrageous and divisive speech… ever seen from an American president.” In sum, “Joe Biden essentially declared all those who oppose him and his agenda enemies of the republic. Truly shameful.”

Monday Night football ... Ted has an excuse tonight

Login to view embedded media

Why haven't we gone to Mars since we last had men on the moon 50 1/2 years ago?

Have you seriously tried to understand what the actual mission would require?

Do you seriously think Congress is going to pay for it?

Can you explain why you think we must go to Mars?

Have you considered the fact that no one will want to go to Mars once they realize what a crappy life they will have on the 7-month trip?

Will you ever be a serious person in your life?

u17 World Champ Joe Sealey chooses Penn State

DHS met with social media companies to "control content."

Wow. This could be huge.

A note to liberals. Notice how this story names names? None of the typical "unnamed sources, that democrats and the media, but I repeat myself, use.

OT: Is Barry F. around?

Barry,

Since I believe you ran on a platform promising more fiscal transparency and accountability, in this past Friday’s Daily Collegian (10/28/2022) in Sam Verrelli’s article, “Promises Unfulfilled,” she wrote, “And there are also questions surrounding the Board of Trustees recently spending nearly $318,000 on meals, lodging and other expenses of six in-person meetings. According to Spotlight PA, trustee spending peaked in the 2015-16 fiscal year when the board spent more than $415,000 on meetings.”

That’s a lot of onion dip.

Affirmative Action Argument - Scotus

So, I've been listening to the arguments. I'll have more to say I suspect, and at the end of the day i have a hard time seeing this anything other than 6-3 against the universities, but there was one exchange that was just too hilarious not to post now:

Alito, pressing UNC counsel on just who is 'diverse' for purposes of checking the box on the form:

"One grandparent?
One great grandparent?
One great great grandparent?
Family lore is that we have a native American ancestor?"

Not really a good look to overtly troll Sen. Warren. But I'm still laughing anyway.

Oh - UNC's response? Almost as funny: "We rely on self reporting."

2022-2023 Season, an early look

Fast approaching, I know everyone is excited for the season to begin. The official start date is November 1st, which is less than a week away.
I've taken the time to look at six teams; Penn State, Iowa, Arizona State, Ohio State, Michigan and Missouri. Starting with Missouri and Michigan, I'll have all the reviews done and posted before the start of the season. That said, here's a start, using the starters as those currently listed on wrestlestat;

Missouri Tigers

Known Entities, likely All-Americans:
: Keegan O’Toole – National champ, he’s favored again until someone beats him.
149: Brock Mauller – Has a great wrestling name, 5th and 6th place finisher previously. Injured last season. Top-3 (Diakomihalis, Sasso, Gomez) at this weight class are VERY GOOD, so on paper I’ll say his cap is 4th.
197: Rocky Elam – 4th and 5th place finisher in first two NCAA seasons. In a weight class that is tightly bunched talent-wise at the top, his cap is winning it all. It’s a minefield to get there, with Dean, Warner, Buchanan, Truax and a host of others near the top, but he did beat Bonaccorsi, Schultz and Hoffman in succession before finishing 4th this past season.

Next level:
141: Alan Hart – Round of 12 has been his best finish, but with 141 clearing out a bit, Hart has a better than 50-50 shot at All-American. He’s a veteran that has not quite reached his potential. Last season, seeded #9, had the misfortune of facing a higher seeded wrestler in his first wrestleback match, when his opponent lost in an upset in the championship bracket. Happens. 70% chance to AA.
125: Noah Surtin – Round of 12 last year, he’ll be in the mix to AA with the likes of Cardinale, Mastrogiovanni, Ramos, Heinselman, etc. I’ll give him a 30% chance of an AA finish.
285: Zach Elam – Similar to 125. Elam is a 2x qualifier and a round of 12 finisher. He’s on the cusp of an All-American finish. He did beat both Ghadali and Stencil in succession to reach the round of 12 last season, so he’s right there. Pulling a number out of my hat, using my gut feel, 40% chance of an AA finish.
174: Peyton Mocco – A 3x qualifier with a best finish of round of 12, Mocco is another Tiger wrestler with a possible AA finish. He took Mehki Lewis to a tiebreaker last season before losing, so the talent is there. 25% chance of an AA finish.
157: Jarrett Jacques – 4x qualifier with a round of 12 finish to his credentials, but went 0-2 last season. 10% chance to AA, though he's a senior making his last run. Could happen.

The rest:
184: Sean Harman – Moved up from 174, replacing departing wrestler Jeremiah Kent. Not likely to AA.
133: Connor Brown – Twice injuring in the past, and wrestling for his third school, the once-promising career appears to have been derailed by the injuries. Not likely to AA.

Team: I’d say a 3rd to 7th place finish is possible. A few REALLY good wrestlers, but not enough of them to win in a tournament setting. Will be a solid dual meet team. I could see as many as 7 AA’s if the chips fall right for the Tigers. If that happens, they’ll be at the high end of my projection, but if they are only in the 3-4 AA range, they’ll drop to the 7 range. As far as NCAA points, sans Bonus, I'll predict 70 or so at the absolute high end, and lo-mid 50's at the low end.

Michigan Wolverines:

Known Entities, likely All-Americans:
285: Mason Parris – 5th and 2nd place and a 4x qualifier at NCAA’s suggest a high finish for the Wolverine Senior. I agree, though I don’t see him beating Schultz or Kerkvliet. He does have Cassioppi’s number, going 3-0 against the Hawkeye in his career. Cap at 3rd.
157: Will Lewan – Talented? Yes, but I’d rather watch paint dry. Still, he’ll be in the mix for the top spot at 157. A 5th place finish last season, but Deakin is gone, and right now Quincy Monday and David Carr have departed for 165.
165: Cameron Amine – 4th and 7th place past finishes and Amine will be in the mix at 165. With Carr and Monday moving into 165, and O’Toole and Griffith still there, Amine will be hard-pressed to follow up with another 4th place finish. I have him in the mix from 5th to 7th.
133: Dylan Ragusin – A 2x qualifier, reaching the round of 12 last season, the Michigan sophomore should AA this season. He was seeded 6th last year, losing by 1 point to both the #3 and #7 seeded guys. He’s right there, I’d say in the 4th to 7th range.

Next level:
184: Matt Finesilver – The Duke transfer is a 3x qualifier, with a best finish of round of 16. He’s also moving up from 174 to 184. Not much to use for comparison. So I’ll say 20% chance of an AA finish. Lots of talent remains at 184, though Myles Amine departs.

The rest:
125: Jack Medley – 1x qualifier, in 2020. I remember Medley giving Spencer Lee a tough bout in the past, losing only by decision, but losing by Tech Fall later in the year. Unlikely to AA.
141: Cole Mattin – Nice to see the kid back on the mat after a serious leg injury last season. His last couple bouts last season were at 149, and he’s back to 141, a more natural weight. Not likely to AA.
149: Chance Lamar – A 10-2 redshirt season is solid but misleading, as his resume is weak. Unlikely to AA, though I can see the freshman as qualifying and reaching the round of 16.
174: Max Maylor – A starter in 2020, has a win % less than 50%. Not likely to AA.
197: Bobby Striggow – Has a less than 50% win record in career. Not likely to AA.

Team: Michigan has a better tournament team than dual meet team. Their four high-end guys are really good, but the quantity of very good wrestlers just isn’t there. Those top guys could carry the Wolverines to a top-8 finish, but I don’t see them higher than 5th. With the team noted above, the Wolverines max out, without bonus, in the middle 60's, with a bottom in the high 40's.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT