ADVERTISEMENT

157 / 165

I legitimately do like the move to get Joe down to 157. I have no idea how his 165 cut was and I know optics don't work in wrestling but he didn't look particularly big at all at 165.

Nick Lee all day

Oh, I know.

Sasso and Eierman actually have a pretty similar style. They both want you to get to a leg. I think 141 was a deeper weight and I think that Eierman was a better wrestler than Sasso this past season, so I think it wouldn't be as close as Lee-Eierman.

If Nick bumped to 149 and we could get our Junior WTT champ in the lineup at 141, that would be a hole in the lineup plugged.

Bartlett was right there with the 2nd and 3rd place finishers at 149 last year as an undersized true freshman who was not prepared really to go that weight. Big takeaway, the kid is a very clean wrestler, he doesn't give up bad points. Obviously you don't want to take "good losses" as a big indicator and many here still think he's a 141 pounder. Either way and it's been said before, 149 points is a must next year. It's a very volatile weight to pick points at.

Far more impressed with his offense personally. He was on Sasso's legs the whole match. Sasso did a nice job slowing him down with some scrambling, but Nick eventually untangled himself and scored most times.
Nick is really clean on his shots - probably why he’s so solid in free.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Bartlett was right there with the 2nd and 3rd place finishers at 149 last year as an undersized true freshman who was not prepared really to go that weight. Big takeaway, the kid is a very clean wrestler, he doesn't give up bad points. Obviously you don't want to take "good losses" as a big indicator and many here still think he's a 141 pounder. Either way and it's been said before, 149 points is a must next year. It's a very volatile weight to pick points at.

149 points won't beat Iowa's 150. Just sayin'. ;)

He takes more shots than Stormy Daniels.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT