ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

Looks like Brown may have finally saw what was obvious.....Attack Brooklyn in the paint and the sixers can't be stopped. Would have won game 1 with the same strategy.

Embiid inside, Simmons attacking the rim.....Sixers win. pretty simple formula

FYI... NY Daily News is cutting ties with Chris Sheridan the author of that hatchet job on the Sixers and Brett Brown. Sheridan is just getting roasted for submitting that story. My question is who is the editor that let that through as well.

funny how some fans will jump on any type of negative news. (for example, read some of the posts made in the hours after it was reported that Tommy Stevens entered the transfer portal.) On WYSP this afternoon, it sounded like a convention of whack jobs were calling in. No shortage of ripping on Simmons, and to some extent on JoJo and the head coach. Some of the comments were crazy, even by sports talk standards. ;)

This is the NBA playoffs. Unexpected things happen all the time. The Pacers were in command of G2, and fell apart in the last few minutes. The Nuggets lost G1 to the Spurs. The Warriors lost a game to the Clippers in which they were up by 31 points. The Raptors lost G1 to the Magic.

Reactions: bwifan
funny how some fans will jump on any type of negative news. (for example, read some of the posts made in the hours after it was reported that Tommy Stevens entered the transfer portal.) On WYSP this afternoon, it sounded like a convention of whack jobs were calling in. No shortage of ripping on Simmons, and to some extent on JoJo and the head coach. Some of the comments were crazy, even by sports talk standards. ;)

This is the NBA playoffs. Unexpected things happen all the time. The Pacers were in command of G2, and fell apart in the last few minutes. The Nuggets lost G1 to the Spurs. The Warriors lost a game to the Clippers in which they were up by 31 points. The Raptors lost G1 to the Magic.

I find myself at times as well Tom listening to sports radio thinking that sounds insane .... Then I remember its talk radio and you are right that is something when its sounds crazy on talk radio. FWIW sounds like NY Times editor asked Sheridan about his sources for the story and Sheridan couldnt give him any and was very vague about how he got the information. Hence the Times saying they will no longer carry his stories

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
This game has too many fouls. Seems like every single possession has a foul called.

Ben is out of his mind tonight. Fantastic performance

He's had a good game, but so have several other Sixers.

Tobias Harris is having a great game. Redick has done well on O. Butler has been consistent throughout the game, and done very well guarding the Nets' guards. Boban was very productive. The team actually has better offensive movement when JoJo isn't in the game. Unfortunately, their D suffers when Embiid is not playing.

The Sixers had a great 3rd quarter, until the Nets went on a 14-3 run at the end of the quarter.

Ben is out of his mind tonight. Fantastic performance

This is the exact reason you look at Ben and get a bit frustrated (in a good way). He’s got 27 with ZERO jump shot. Can you imagine if he had a 15 foot jumper???

Perfect game for him given the fact Joel is out.

Now comes hack a Ben

Just flipped to the Phillies Rockies game and Kruk is talking shit to the Nets fans!!

“Nets posted a missing poster for Bens jump shot...looks like he didn’t need it with 31 points”

Great 4th quarter for the Sixers. Come from behind to win, 112 - 108.

Sixers went on quite a run at the end of the game.

Sixers take 2 in Brooklyn, and lead the series 3 - 1

Reactions: jrs1024 and EPC FAN
Is this a good idea, to have him play? The Sixers pretty much easily handled Brooklyn without him. He’s going to be in and out of the lineup for the rest of the playoffs, I suspect.

I think he only played 11 minutes in the 1st half. With Butler being out after the double technical, he ended up playing @ 34 minutes for the game.

He ended up with 31 points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists, and 6 blocks, so he certainly was a force in the game.

HUGE HUGE win.....saw most of the second half, missed the Butler business.

Honestly, thought Brooklyn was going to win it, but they could never apply the death bucket or two or get the big stop or two.

3-1.....3-1.....3-1!

My former colleague’s son, Jarrett Allen, has a good game until the crucial turnover.

His mom is the greatest. Good looking woman - about 6’2”, but 6”5 with the slight fro she had at the time. I met Jarrett when he was about 13 - he was about 6’7 with huge feet and was just starting to get noticed by top AAU squads. I told her that she was sitting on a gold mine. She was very naive about NBA salaries - even for scrubs and even though her husband played in Europe.

Incredibly athletic family - Jarrett’s related to great Cal RB Jahvid Best who had to retire early due to concussions I think.

I think he only played 11 minutes in the 1st half. With Butler being out after the double technical, he ended up playing @ 34 minutes for the game.

He ended up with 31 points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists, and 6 blocks, so he certainly was a force in the game.
He made a hell of a play getting the ball to Scott for that go-ahead three.

I’ve rewatched embiids black on Allen a couple of times, and I’ve gotta say, I have no idea how they called that a flagrant foul. It was ALL BALL. Sure there was a degree of follow through and Allen played it up a bit. But there is no way that should have been a flagrant.

Also, I think the sixers are headed for a buzzsaw in Toronto. That’s just not a good matchup at all for the sixers. I’d much rather play the Celtics or bucks than Toronto. Heck I’d even rather play golden state. Toronto is probably the only team with the length to actually matchup with Phillys size advantage.

I’ve rewatched embiids black on Allen a couple of times, and I’ve gotta say, I have no idea how they called that a flagrant foul. It was ALL BALL. Sure there was a degree of follow through and Allen played it up a bit. But there is no way that should have been a flagrant.

Also, I think the sixers are headed for a buzzsaw in Toronto. That’s just not a good matchup at all for the sixers. I’d much rather play the Celtics or bucks than Toronto. Heck I’d even rather play golden state. Toronto is probably the only team with the length to actually matchup with Phillys size advantage.

Toronto is a very tough matchup. It does appear that Embiid's knee is getting better. Listed as probable for this game and got around much better that last game than earlier in the series. JJ and Tobias need to play great for us to have a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT