ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanford, Northwestern, and Michigan are the best non-Ivy programs with wrestling.
I would also consider UNC in that mix.

I would also not rule out Rutgers for Griffith. As they do have a decent grad school program, and he would be back at home with the chance to either get a job in NYC and/or train with SKWC or NYCRTC

I know Shane said before he wants his MBA, it's tough to clear admissions at a top MBA program without work experience. That being said, he can probably just enroll in a general masters program as well.

He said in an interview that if he went somewhere else, it'd be for academic reasons, and he has eyes on something lucrative--wast it investment banking, fund manger? If the ivy's are out, who else has a good grad program for that?
Northwestern, Michigan and Duke to name a few.

Reactions: hlstone
Why not Penn State and have Ira Lubert hook you up with whatever job you want? Connections like that are more valuable than degrees to be honest ....
Ira would be a great connection, but I have to believe being the face Stanford wrestling and part of the Stanford alumni network he will begin his professional life pretty well hooked up.

Reactions: Split shot
He said in an interview that if he went somewhere else, it'd be for academic reasons, and he has eyes on something lucrative--wast it investment banking, fund manger? If the ivy's are out, who else has a good grad program for that?
Private equity

Reactions: nerfstate
I know Shane said before he wants his MBA, it's tough to clear admissions at a top MBA program without work experience. That being said, he can probably just enroll in a general masters program as well.
It gets a little easier if you might win the school an individual national title. Unless you are dealing with PSU's admissions office. ;-)

Truax has a great track record of improving every year… and changing weights.

197 2 seed, finished 4
184 5 seed, finished 4
174 12 seed, finished 4
165 29 seed, CoVid
2019 Redhirted

Was a 145/57 as HS senior when he finished 3rd and a 138 as a junior when he finished 2nd at Cali state’s

Noto graduated in 2020, I would be shocked if he managed to finish his degree in 3 years while wrestling.

Penn State CANNOT have a hole at 125 next year. It is a weak weight. Noto is going to start the season #2 behind Matt Ramos.

Reactions: bmw199
Ironbird: Ayala easily wins next year
Ironbird if Ayala went to Penn State: Kid has no skills whatsoever, 1-2 at best
That's probably how it would go. Haven't been there awhile, I'd be lil Jeseroga is probably being talked about as if he wasn't that great of a recruit now. To me, hes the best one they got ...if Keuter go football that is.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT