ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session I Thread

Brands was ahead 7-5, and Brooks was wrestling on one leg. The final was 14-8, or 9-1 from that point, plus squeezed the Hawk's gas tank empty. Yeah, curb stomp works.
Nelson was bringing it the best he knew how. He was leading 5-4 before the injury time. Curb stomp is what you wanted/expected Brooks to do. In this particular match Brooks gutted out a decision win over an opponent not afraid to scrap with him.

No Curb stomp this time. We can agree to disagree. That's ok!

Well tough first session for the boys overall, but some nice bright spots as well. Lets hope the boys regroup and have a great night session. See everyone in a few hours

Brands did represent himself well, Arron was just able to find the next gear and finish it off. Just like everyone, I hope that ankle isn’t going to be an issue going forward.

10 guys still alive to qualify. Brooks barely beats out Beard for match of the session to me (Yeah, Nick Lee was pretty good too). If Beard avoided that slip, he'd have gotten it. Kerk will learn from that loss, and I agree, won't lose by major again to Parris. The future is still very bright.

Brands did represent himself well, Arron was just able to find the next gear and finish it off. Just like everyone, I hope that ankle isn’t going to be an issue going forward.
Except for declining when Brooks offered to shake hands, and apparently asking to win via injury time.

Edit - And except for scratching his opponent. And, apparently, biting as well.

Last edited:
Hope you guys also watched the specials on BTN. Some really great interviews. Echemedia's story is really heartwarming.

Reactions: Reslo
4 have qualified, though I know just qualifying is not their goal, RBY, Nick, CStar, and AB
4 qualify with next win, Howard, Berge, Joe Lee, and Kerk
Edit, Kerk needs win then at least a win in 7/8 to qualify because only 7 AQ spots
Beau needs one win, after he can lose to drop to 7/8 but needs to win that one as only 7 AQ spots
Beard needs two wins due to only 6 AQ spots
All assuming no at large spots

Last edited:
Other than Joe Lee, who looked completely out of sorts, I thought it was a good session. Beard looks like he continues to improve, despite the loss. Brooks was amazingly gutty, props to Brands. Carter, steady eddy and like most of our stars of the past, never seems out of sorts. RBY and Nick looked fantastic as expected.

I am going to say the youngsters seem to go straight on when attempting takedowns. Carter, BB and RH have plenty of quickness but don't seem to use it laterally. As a team, it sure appeared we were content to let guys tie us up and waste time.

We have been spoiled. We have had so many guys in the recent past who were capable of pinning folks in an instant. This is an excellent young PSU team. Maybe this skill set will develop as their confidence grows.

Reading the posts on HR is driving me insane!
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT