ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session IV Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Please use this thread for pre-Session, in-Session, and post-Session discussions. As always, when replying to a post, please use the Quote function.

When
March 7, 4 pm EST

Where
@ Penn State

TV
BTN will be covering the finals.

Video Streaming
BTN+ will have coverage of the 3rd place and the 5th place matches, for those that are subscribers

Audio
Byers will have the audio PBP. The pre-tournament show will start at 3:40 am EST, with wrestling coverage commencing at 4 pm. You can access the audio at:

PBP
I'll provide PBP

Team Scoring
The best source for team scoring throughout the tournament is the Penn State Wrestling Club. Their link for live team scoring is:

Penn State Wrestling Club
PSU Sports, college wrestling, stats, schedules, merchandise, clothing, rosters
www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org

Matches involving PSU wrestlers:

125: Robbie Howard vs. Michael DeAugustino (NW) for 5th place
133: RBY vs. Austin DeSanto (Iowa) in the final
141: Nick Lee vs. Jaydin Eierman (Iowa) in the final
157: Brady Berge vs. Kendall Coleman (Purdue) for 5th place
174: Carter Stracci vs. Michael Kemmerer (Iowa) in the final
184: Aaron Brooks vs. Taylor Venz (Nebraska) in the final
197: Michael Beard vs. Lucas Davison (NW) for 5th place
285: Kerk vs. Tony Cassioppi (Iowa) for 3rd place

Are they running all the placing matches at the same time or will finals be wrestled by themselves?

Please use this thread for pre-Session, in-Session, and post-Session discussions. As always, when replying to a post, please use the Quote function.

When
March 7, 4 pm EST

Where
@ Penn State

TV
BTN will be covering the finals.

Video Streaming
BTN+ will have coverage of the 3rd place and the 5th place matches, for those that are subscribers

Audio
Byers will have the audio PBP. The pre-tournament show will start at 3:40 am EST, with wrestling coverage commencing at 4 pm. You can access the audio at:

PBP
I'll provide PBP

Team Scoring
The best source for team scoring throughout the tournament is the Penn State Wrestling Club. Their link for live team scoring is:

Penn State Wrestling Club
PSU Sports, college wrestling, stats, schedules, merchandise, clothing, rosters
www.pennstatewrestlingclub.org
Thank you for all you have done and are doing! Mucho appreciated.

That’s unfortunate
The championship matches will be on the center mat (2, I think). 3rd and 5th on the outside mats. I can't recall if they usually run one weight at a time on the outer mats, or just let them run continuously.

I can't recall if they usually run one weight at a time on the outer mats, or just let them run continuously.

I believe in recent years they would wait until all 3 matches were completed, and then proceed to the next weight. As such, if there is a quick end in a final, the BTN TV feed has switched to coverage of the 3rd place or 5th place match.

But I'm going from memory, so my apologies if I'm incorrect.

Reactions: NoVaLion2
Kind of interesting that Track is not showing any mat assignments on their Dashboard

{insert Pletcher vs Carton mat assignment joke here}

This is going to be a great night of wrestling! I cannot wait!

Anyone getting. a live stream yet for the 5th and 3rd place matches on BTN +?

125 5th Place Match: Robbie Howard vs. Michael DeAugustino (NW)

a true fresh vs. a RS soph

Howard was the #11 seed, and will finish either 5th or 6th.

Per 1
Howard tries a duck, nothing. DeA gets a TD, then OOB, 0-2. Caution on DeA on the restart. Howard grabs an ankle, trying to work out the back, eventually a stalemate with 1:19 left. Howard to his feet, tries to turn in, DeA on the legs and a stall warning. Howard up, and back down. Howard is flat. End. RT @ 2:03 for DeA

Per 2
DeA takes bottom. DeA to his feet, Howard stays with him, but DeA finally gets the esc, 0-3. Not a lot going on. Howard seems active, but no real shots. Stalemate. End. RT @ 1:38 for DeA

Per 3
Howard takes neutral. Howard nearly in on a counter, but nothing. Stalemate. Howard in on a low single, DeA scrambles and grabs Howard's ankle, Robbie trying to expose DeA's back but it's not happening. Robbie gets a late TD, 2-3. End. With 1:27 in RT, it's a 2-4 decision for DeA

Robbie Howard takes 6th place

Anybody on here subscribe to BTN+? If so, could you post the results in 3rd & 5th place matches? Thx.

Howard loses 4-2 in the 5/6 match. Takes 6th.

Scored a takedown at the end of the 3rd but it took quite a while to get it and the clock expired before he could release his opponent and go for another.

133 Final: RBY vs. Austin DeSanto (Iowa)

#1 seed vs. #2 seed

This has the potential to be an entertaining match.

Per 1
DeSanto in on a head inside single, RBY sprawls, nothing. Nice flurry. RBY lighting quick behind and gets the TD, 2-0. DeSanto works up and gets the esc after 23 sec, 2-1. Stalemate with 57 sec left. Stalemate with 22 sec left. End. RT @ 23 sec for RBY

Per 2
DeSanto takes bottom. DeSanto up quickly and gets the esc, 2-2. RBY with a shot from way out, and nearly gets a leg, but nothing. 1 min left. RBY with a throw-by and gets behind for the TD, 4-2. OOB with 34 sec. DeSanto to his feet, and tripped down. DeSanto back up, and back down. RT over 1 min. End. RT @ 1:13 for RBY

Per 3
RBY takes bottom. RBY moves up, and is out but RT is down to 58 sec. 5-2. DeSanto in on a low single, RBY sprawls and they are OOB with 1:22 left. Stall warning on RBY. 30 sec left. DeSanto shoots, RBY sprawls, and they are OOB with 24 sec left. OOB with 4 sec. RBY in on a low single but there's the buzzer.

5-2, RBY, as he takes 1st place!!!!!

RBY3.jpg

Nice job by RBY. Desanto is such a difficult matchup for everyone, but when Roman figured him out and started hiding the hand he has pretty much had his number.

Great performance. Well executed game plan. RBY might still end up with the #2 seed at NCAAs if Fix gets #1. Might have DeSanto again in the semis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT