ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session IV Thread

Bullshit stalling his ass off. No doubt at all Nick will get him next time. Not a bit.

Eierman did stall a great deal in the match. He got called twice (1 point to Lee), but he could have been called more frequently.

Will Nick win the next time? Tough to say. Eierman is talented. His heavy hips and step over for his only TD was a great move. Lee was in deep, and should have had the TD, but give Eierman some credit there.

These two are very close. Eierman is a significantly better rider, and his abilities there ended up being the difference in this match.

I want to be part of the confident “Lee gets him in two weeks” crowd, but I’m not so sure. Nick was the better WRESTLER today and didn’t get the win. If Eierman plays run-and-hide and Nick waits until the last 90 seconds of the match to force the issue, could be a repeat at NCAA’s.

That right there is why true wrestling purists - what Eirman did there is not "great wrestling strategy", that was stalling plain and simple, not wrestling! The ref calls it ridiculously such that Eirmann is rewarded for that bullshit on a "riding point" when 100% of his riding time came off of bullshit and clear top-stalling. At one point, Eirmann didn't even attempt a mat return and DRAGGED Lee out of bounds walking backwards!!! No stall call. Ridiculous and why people puke when you call that bullshit "great wrestling".

• Haha
Reactions: ClarencButthorn
Lee didn't have a lot of options in the 3rd period, but might have been better served to eat into the RT a bit more after the TD in the 3rd period.
He needed another TD and quite frankly was dominant from neutral. No sense in wasting time cutting RT when you got more scoring to do. As hard as it is to score on JE, Lee was smart to get to it. Just didn't make it happen. Outside of the punishing ride by JE, he did nothing in that match. I like Lee to make some adjustments, work on getting out of that ride and win in 2 weeks if they meet again.

Great match. You would say that wouldn't you. It was his worst match of the year and he even said so afterwards. I guess iowa had a different perception of great. That was awlful by anyone's standards
It was indeed his worst match, against his best opponent. Both elite talents along with Rivera at 141. I like that weight class very much this year.

What a joke. Not one offensive move in 7 minutes from iowa

and moronic strategy to cut him
The problem with riding another 30+ seconds to get RT under 1 minute is that you then have less time to get another TD. But Lee had to cut him at some point unless he was planning on getting back points, which is pretty unlikely against Eierman.

Tough loss.. But this is folkstyle wrestling and Eierman is the superior mat wrestler. This will diminish the odds of Nick winning the national title because of the added challenge of getting past Rivera again.

He needed another TD and quite frankly was dominant from neutral. No sense in wasting time cutting RT when you got more scoring to do. As hard as it is to score on JE, Lee was smart to get to it. Just didn't make it happen. Outside of the punishing ride by JE, he did nothing in that match. I like Lee to make some adjustments, work on getting out of that ride and win in 2 weeks if they meet again.
completely disagree. He had plenty of time. It’s not like Nick can’t ride. He rode all year to a fault in fact

Great point. Eierman looked gassed and I think Nick rides him out and goes to SV.
Pretty sure that the PSU corner told Lee to cut Eierman in that situation. Apparently they weren't confident that Lee could keep him down for 90 seconds or so? But it might have been better to cut RT under a minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAgeologist
Eierman did stall a great deal in the match. He got called twice (1 point to Lee), but he could have been called more frequently.

Will Nick will the next time? Tough to say. Eierman is talented. His heavy hips and step over for his only TD was a great move. Lee was in deep, and should have had the TD, but give Eierman some credit there.

These two are very close. Eierman is a significantly better rider, and his abilities there ended up being the difference in this match.
No doubt. My comment is regarding his attempts. To not have a single shot in 7 minutes is not good for the sport. Eierman is a great talent, but that was ridiculous.

• Haha
That right there is why true wrestling purists - what Eirman did there is not "great wrestling strategy", that was stalling plain and simple, not wrestling! The ref calls it ridiculously such that Eirmann is rewarded for that bullshit on a "riding point" when 100% of his riding time came off of bullshit and clear top-stalling. At one point, Eirmann didn't even attempt a mat return and DRAGGED Lee out of bounds walking backwards!!! No stall call. Ridiculous and why people puke when you call that bullshit "great wrestling".

JP2 - I get the feeling you're already on your 4th beer!

Iowa clinched the team title:

2021 Big Ten Championships
Team Standings
Team
Score​
# F​
# Consi
Semi​
# 3rd-4th​
# 5th-6th​
# 7th-8th​
Max
Possible​
Iowa
148.5​
6​
3​
3​
175.5​
Penn State
120​
4​
4​
1​
3​
1​
141​
Nebraska
102.5​
3​
4​
3​
1​
1​
129.5​
Michigan
84​
2​
3​
2​
1​
3​
105​
Michigan State
73.5​
5​
3​
2​
2​
85.5​
Purdue
72​
1​
4​
4​
3​
78​
Minnesota
71.5​
1​
2​
2​
4​
83.5​
Northwestern
69​
1​
4​
1​
3​
2​
78​
Ohio State
64.5​
2​
3​
1​
2​
82.5​
Rutgers
50​
3​
3​
1​
56​
Illinois
32​
1​
1​
2​
32​
Wisconsin
27.5​
2​
2​
1​
30.5​
Indiana
22​
2​
2​
28​
Maryland
2​
2​

giphy.gif

Eirman didn't lose more than he won....if you get my drift.
He won congrats to him. he is a riding master though

You call that "riding"??? I thought stalling was supposed to be called if you're top riding with no intention of improving your position? The joke Ref stalemated one of his bullshit "ride without attempting to turn or improve" routines... How about the bullshit when Lee stood and JE no mat return and ultimately dragged Lee off the mat walking backwards!!!! No freaking call!!!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT