ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session IV Thread

Imo, the better balance in the league, the better for wrestling. More really good team, and more colleges doing well.
I think that is true of all sports. Enough OSU in football.
Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson yuk.

You call that "riding"??? I thought stalling was supposed to be called if you're top riding with no intention of improving your position? The joke Ref stalemated one of his bullshit "ride without attempting to turn or improve" routines... How about the bullshit when Lee stood and JE no mat return and ultimately dragged Lee off the mat walking backwards!!!! No freaking call!!!
His 1st period ride is never gonna get called there. That was a dominant ride and whether you like it or not, thats not gonna get called.

You call that "riding"??? I thought stalling was supposed to be called if you're top riding with no intention of improving your position? The joke Ref stalemated one of his bullshit "ride without attempting to turn or improve" routines... How about the bullshit when Lee stood and JE no mat return and ultimately dragged Lee off the mat walking backwards!!!! No freaking call!!!

No doubt. My comment is regarding his attempts. To not have a single shot in 7 minutes is not good for the sport. Eierman is a great talent, but that was ridiculous.
That’s exactly the point. Iowa has the horses, let em fuggin run. Sometimes Bubba Jenkins catches ya. Sometimes you take IMar feet to back or toss MyMar, also, unrelated, who knew that Sasso sounded like Joe Pesci?

Berge is up next for 5th/6th place. Hope he shows some offense or at least counter-offense against Coleman. What's the over/under that this is a one point match going into the 3rd period?

• Haha
Reactions: ClarencButthorn
I want to be part of the confident “Lee gets him in two weeks” crowd, but I’m not so sure. Nick was the better WRESTLER today and didn’t get the win. If Eierman plays run-and-hide and Nick waits until the last 90 seconds of the match to force the issue, could be a repeat at NCAA’s.

Nick is not going to win if the joke Ref at NCAAs doesn't require JE to wrestle and call him for stalling if he doesn't under the fundamental rules of wrestling! Anyone who calls that horseshit "great wrestling" knows dog-shit about the sport.

• Haha
This looks a lot like hr right now, blaming the refs for stalling, calling the wrestlers “dumb” and “bums”. We’re better than that. Tip of the hat to the riddler. I seen adjustments Nick can make, and I think that was the perfect game plan for Jaydin. I like Nick in 2 weeks.

That’s exactly the point. Iowa has the horses, let em fuggin run. Sometimes Bubba Jenkins catches ya. Sometimes you take IMar feet to back or toss MyMar, also, unrelated, who knew that Sasso sounded like Joe Pesci?
Well, we have had 3 out of 4 great offensive matches with shots from both sides. We've had one that had an opponent not take a single shot in 3 periods. I'm not a big fan of freestyle, but that dog don't hunt in freestyle. It shouldn't in folk, either.

Thinking Wilson from NC State will get 2 seed and NLEE 3. Sea Bass will get Eirman

Well if that proves true, I am happy Nick lost. I think SeaBass takes out Eireman, and Nick will still have all the can handle with Rivera the second time, but better after a grueling Semi.

• Haha
Until the Refs decide to aggressively call stalling, there will always be “defensive” wrestlers like Jesse Delgado, Dean Heil and Eierman who will find a way to win without taking a single shot.
Horrible for the sport, but it’s just a fact.
Was Deakin the NW wrestler that had big mouth and talked trash to Nolf, only to get his ass-kicked every time? Or was that someone else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT