ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session II

141 6 Bartlett vs 11 Carlson
R2

Beau in on a single early, has a leg up in the air but doesn’t finish. Things slow down after that. Carlson front headlock and they walk OOB. Carlson backing up with it. That was strange. 0-0 after one. No shots after Beau’s early single.

Beau chooses bottom.
Thank you.. looks like espn isn't going to show Beau (except as background to officials review)

Props to D’Emilio for sending it. Woods is a tough SOB but he looks totally sucked in. I mean, his face is half collapsed. My guess is they’re probably still adhering to the 70s style of weight management in Iowa City.

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
There was a stall call at the end and let’s be honest BB stalled his ass off that 3rd period also.

149: 12 Van Ness vs 5 Johnson
R2

Van Ness stalking Johnson. In on a low single!!! To his back!!! Wow that was close to six. But Johnson rolls out. 6-0 after one. 56 secs RT.

Blood time after one for Johnson. Face I think.

Johnson chooses bottom. Immediate reversal. 6-2. Escape Shayne then TD Johnson. Escape Shayne. 8-4 Shayne now. Wish he would have pinned him in first. Was real close. Gas tank TD for Shayne. Spin behind. 10-4 Shayne and Johnson is flat. Stalling on Johnson for being flat. Looks like Shayne might have broken him. 10-4 after two. 1:44 RT.

Shayne chooses bottom. Johnson slow to get to start. Optional start. Escape. 11-4 Shayne. A little sloppy and Johnson gets in on Shayne’s legs and gets two. 11-6 now. Blood time. 1:27 to go. Don’t like the breather this gives Johnson. Lots of blood on mat. Optional start. Front headlock. Escape. 12-6 Shayne. Johnson shooting. Now slowing down. 50 secs to go. Johnson in on Shayne’s legs again. To a single. Ecevtually finishes. But Shayne wins 14-8!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT