ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session V - Consi Semis/Finals/Placement Matches

5 in the finals again. Break up the Yankees.
It's getting to be monotonous and a self-fulfilling prophecy. Essentially, on paper we've already won NEXT year's championship. And we've got a crop of blue-chippers coming in for Cael + Co to mold into unbeatable studs to fill in whatever gaps may remain in the lineup. At some point in time they could just hold the NCAA tourney without PSU. The winners of the finals can then meet PSU for the team title.

We're in danger of a permanent monopoly here.

So there is a decent possibility that in 2024 we could win the national championship in both football and wrestling! That would be an historic year in Penn State sports.
Uhh ... not so sure about a "decent possibility" for that combination. Guess it depends on what you mean by "decent".

Search for a "C5M Aircraft" and you'll have a possible answer.
I used to love crawling around the C5A they used to open up to the public at the Montoursville Airshow as a kid.

(Maybe @Hotshoe remembers too--and I wanted to mention that I have such fond memories of eating Eder's Teaberry ice cream w/ my grandparents--will definitely be making a trip there next time I'm in town in summer).

How much bigger is the M?

I said that last night--what plane does that guy get to go in? Probably not an F-18 . . .

The dude's not getting in planes. More like this:
FelineSociableCentipede-max-1mb.gif

You know, the Hawkeye tradition I always liked and looked forward to, was the sharp open handed slap accross the face prior to the wrestler taking the mat. They would stand in front of one of the Brand Bros. and stick their face out and try not to squint prior to the delivery of the aforementioned slap. I would love to see Tom Brands suprise Woods tonite and revive the tradition. Oh, the good old days.

You know, the Hawkeye tradition I always liked and looked forward to, was the sharp open handed slap accross the face prior to the wrestler taking the mat. They would stand in front of one of the Brand Bros. and stick their face out and try not to squint prior to the delivery of the aforementioned slap. I would love to see Tom Brands suprise Woods tonite and revive the tradition. Oh, the good old days.
Three stooges down to just two lmfao

2022 results after Session 5

1: PENN STATE – 111.5
2: Michigan – 90.0
3: Iowa – 73.0

2023 results after Session 5

1: PENN STATE – 127.5
2: Iowa – 82.5
3: Ohio State – 70.5

A Chinook maybe.
Not an Air Force vehicle. US Army.

From the same manufacturer: he'd fit into the V-22. It's primarily USMC, with USAF owning the special operations variant. Hendrickson isn't that much bigger than some of the Marine pilots.

Reactions: hlstone
I used to love crawling around the C5A they used to open up to the public at the Montoursville Airshow as a kid.

(Maybe @Hotshoe remembers too--and I wanted to mention that I have such fond memories of eating Eder's Teaberry ice cream w/ my grandparents--will definitely be making a trip there next time I'm in town in summer).

How much bigger is the M?
I remember that air show back when I was a kid. That c5a was huge.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I love Max. Whatta great guy.
Max illustrates a mindset that I think the coaches do a good job of developing in our wrestlers. When asked in the interview what's next for Max, he mentioned: "I would enjoy staying in wrestling, but I certainly don't need it." For some people wrestling (or name something else) is everything, and when that doesn't go their way, they're devastated. It puts tremendous pressure on them. I remember what Tony Dungy once said when he was head coach of the Colts. (Paraphrased) "The guys that have something in their life more important than football generally outperform those for whom football is everything. They don't have that tremendous pressure that losing means the loss of everything." Tony Dungy was speaking from the perspective of his faith in God. It's interesting how many of the wrestlers interviewed (not just PSU guys) gave credit to their faith in God.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT