ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session IV -- National Semis!

Terrible luck but also just dumb by Dean there. Gotta cut the guy there but was definitely going to ride him out without the blood time. Oh well can’t get all the breaks

Sloan with a tilt for backs and goes up 6-2 on Elam. Sloan is a beast on top

Couple of things:

I love how Brooks got dinged for stalling because Hidlay dug an under hook and walked him out then right off the reset Brooks digs a hook of his own and walks Hidlay right down to prove a point.

Laird is from about 40 minutes down the road from me and I was pulling for him to knock off Bonaccorsi. But, he looked tired most of the match. Bonaccorsi looked fresh late into the match whereas Laird looked like he was running on fumes. Side note, Bonaccorsi’s face reminds me of the late Bruno Sammartino, extremely Italian lol

Damion Hahn..best HS wrestler I ever saw. Watched him when he was in HS. He’s from town next to me. What a beast in HS
I wrestled Cael in high school so I’ll say he’s the best I’ve seen even though he was better in college. I also got to watch Henry Cejudo demolish the field in Colorado in high school. Kid was so much better than everyone. Saying all that I still think Kolat was absolutely the best high school wrestler ever

Maybe I should edit my post. I disagree with Clay. I WOULD be floored and upset if Dean didn't give it his all for 7th tomorrow.
He may not be injured in the sense of a torn or broken anything. But I don’t think we can say definitively that he’s not hurt or that he doesn’t have anything going on. I may very well be wrong, I just don’t know if 7/8 is a meaningful difference for him and with nothing on the line for the team I’m sure he’s banged up to holy hell.

"Going to get that ratings bump in Pittsburgh tomorrow night"

Ha, jokes on you I'm already planning to watch, Quint.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnstownsteel
I wrestled Cael in high school so I’ll say he’s the best I’ve seen even though he was better in college. I also got to watch Henry Cejudo demolish the field in Colorado in high school. Kid was so much better than everyone. Saying all that I still think Kolat was absolutely the best high school wrestler ever
Kolat being a 2 time champ emphasizes the difficulty of winning 4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT