ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session IV -- National Semis!

KERK is a monster! Way to gut that one out!

8 AAs and 5 in the finals!!!
Favored in 3 of the finals with the other 2 toss ups? RBY, Starocci, and AB are definitely favored. Kerk has to be the underdog against Parris but their matches are razor thin. Levi is the favorite in my eyes but I’m a homer. I would think O’Connor would be the betting favorite but it has to be close after the performance Levi has had

All the talk about how the Brooks match was called re: Stalling - how about the Starocci v Foca match???

Foca literally did nothing but Stall the entire match in both Neutral and bottom. Starocci road him for something like 3 minutes.... Final Score 6-0 (2 takedowns, an escape and RT ADV Point) - Foca never takes a shot the entire match despite being down the entire match - backpedaled and went to edge entire time they wrestled in Neutral - laid on his belly and did absolutely NOTHING when on bottom..... but somehow the Ref only managed to see one Stall call "a warning" that costs no points when Foca should have been DQ'ed for stalling twice over!

Ridiculous that Foca was effectively encouraged to continue stalling by the Ref via the way the match was called and the Ref refusing to call stalling on Foca despite the fact that this is literally the ONLY THING Foca did the entire match!

All the talk about how the Brooks match was called re: Stalling - how about the Starocci v Foca match???

Foca literally did nothing but Stall the entire match in both Neutral and bottom. Starocci road him for something like 3 minutes.... Final Score 6-0 (2 takedowns, an escape and RT ADV Point) - Foca never takes a shot the entire match despite being down the entire match - backpedaled and went to edge entire time they wrestled in Neutral - laid on his belly and did absolutely NOTHING when on bottom..... but somehow the Ref only managed to see one Stall call "a warning" that costs no points when Foca should have been DQ'ed for stalling twice over!

Ridiculous that Foca was effectively encouraged to continue stalling by the Ref via the way the match was called and the Ref refusing to call stalling on Foca despite the fact that this is literally the ONLY THING Foca did the entire match!
I’m still not sure what you didn’t like about Foca’s wrestling. Could you explain it with a little more detail?

PSU is at 116.5, Iowa maxes out at 125.5 so obviously it'll be sealed tomorrow morning .... only heartbreaking thing about tonight is I really believed Shayne had it.
Shayne did have it and since he only has one direction…..forward….he didn’t. 1:00 of Yianni coming after you is a problem, I’ve been watching him since Jr High.

If you don’t know what a national champion looks like from afar…::take a peek at Van Ness. He grew up a bunch in the last three weeks. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, he will be on top of the podium before he leaves PSU.

So is it locked up, or we have to wait until tomorrow night?
Yeah if Iowa pins in every match tomorrow and we lose every match tomorrow they will win..it’s over

Right now it’s just about each of our guys doing their best to reach the farthest spot they can

Oklahoma State behind Purdue in the team standings! 27 to 25. Worst showing from Okie State in awhile I would think. Not good last year either but they had a finalist

• Wow
Reactions: diggerpup and Ski
Not technically over...but yeah, it's over. Should be done by end of first round of consys but will definitely be over by the place matches end.

Shayne did have it and since he only has one direction…..forward….he didn’t. 1:00 of Yianni coming after you is a problem, I’ve been watching him since Jr High.

If you don’t know what a national champion looks like from afar…::take a peek at Van Ness. He grew up a bunch in the last three weeks. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, he will be on top of the podium before he leaves PSU.
For a kid who didn’t have a real RS season, and looks pretty rough at times, he has a massive amount of raw potential.

Live look in at Gilman:

social-square.png

I remember Meredith making exactly the same mistake with less than a minute left in the NCAA finals a few years ago. I wish SVN had watched that match a few times before today.

Reactions: Cowbell Man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT