ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Ohio State vs Penn State

Edward....we went 0-16 until recording a 3rd down conversion on our final drive in the 4th quarter. Have a freaking pulse offensively and then maybe I'll consider some flags that went against us. For a program like ours, in year 10 under this HC, two apparent high end running backs, a so called 5 star qb, a standout LT, etc., to go 0-16 on 3rd downs until the game was out of reach is beyond inexcusable in a big game. It's still mind boggling to me. JF hasn't had a team ready to go on both sides of the ball in a big game in many, many yrs. Spare me with flags that went against us.
None of that changes that the penalties were called differently based on the uniform of the player. And it has been this way for many years. You could do this any time there is a close game with Michigan or Ohio St in conference. It isn't just PSU. It is any team that is in a tight game with the two teams for which the conference exists.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
None of that changes that the penalties were called differently based on the uniform of the player. And it has been this way for many years. You could do this any time there is a close game with Michigan or Ohio St in conference. It isn't just PSU. It is any team that is in a tight game with the two teams for which the conference exists.
Ok...yes, and?

Multiple things can be true. Our performance last year was horrid and we were totally unprepared offensively.

If memory serves, in our 2016 win over OSU, didn't Grant Haley pull down the arms of the OSU WR on a huge stop we had defensively late in the game that clearly was PI? Maybe on this board, you and others will call that a clear no call, but it sure looked early to me. Thankfully, we benefitted.

Edward....we went 0-16 until recording a 3rd down conversion on our final drive in the 4th quarter. Have a freaking pulse offensively and then maybe I'll consider some flags that went against us. For a program like ours, in year 10 under this HC, two apparent high end running backs, a so called 5 star qb, a standout LT, etc., to go 0-16 on 3rd downs until the game was out of reach is beyond inexcusable in a big game. It's still mind boggling to me. JF hasn't had a team ready to go on both sides of the ball in a big game in many, many yrs. Spare me with flags that went against us.
The refs didn't rob us of this game. That is just so weak and soft to suggest that. We lost this game fair and square because we were unprepared offensively and had no ability to adjust in-game. I guess I blocked the putrid 0-16 on 3rd downs out of mind. Mind blowingly inept and a flat out embarrassment given our talent level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT