ADVERTISEMENT

2023 US Open

Lol that’s been 1+1 all weekend
totally disagree. it’s different when you have a leg up in the air. haven’t seen a single call like that.

either way don’t think we learned much there other than welsh and arnold are really good and a coin flip.

I agree with your premise! I’m just saying it’s been called that way A TON this weekend and I’ve complained about it probably 50 times.
ah okay i haven’t watched as much as you this weekend. i saw a similar situation in the first knox-blaze match with no caution.

but it doesn’t surprise me that lower level freestyle officials are struggling with a new rule.

i’m still trying to figure out how arnold didn’t get a point for the failed challenge. evened out with the point on the incidental knee pad pull i guess. also getting put on the clock again while he was coming forward and controlling center? weird frustrating match.

ah okay i haven’t watched as much as you this weekend. i saw a similar situation in the first knox-blaze match with no caution.

but it doesn’t surprise me that lower level freestyle officials are struggling with a new rule.

i’m still trying to figure out how arnold didn’t get a point for the failed challenge. evened out with the point on the incidental knee pad pull i guess. also getting put on the clock again while he was coming forward and controlling center? weird frustrating match.
and they want folkstyle to trend this way????? ummmmm. nah

Yeah, Ryan Warner sort of had a good thread on it yesterday. They’ve been calling it a TON this weekend

Reactions: js8793
What a round for PSU.

Zack Ryder taking 2 straight to make another U17 team. Would love to see him improve on his bronze at worlds from last year

Lilledahl looks incredible and should win a U20 medal. Just knocked off the defending U20 champion.

Kasak is maybe the OW for me. I knew he was good but didn’t give him much of a chance to win this weight especially with the college kids in there. He impressed all weekend.

Mesenbrink is so much fun. Love his pace and constant attacking mentality. He’s a contender from day 1 at the college level.

Everyone knows my views on Sealey. 3rd at this weight as a high school junior is super impressive.

Barr taking 5th isn’t great on the surface but he only lost to Augustine. I still expect great things from Barr but am really hoping he redshirts.

Connor Mirasola comes back and takes 5th beating Clayton Whiting who he lost to on the frontside. Beat quite a few very good kids.

Cole Mirasola takes 5th as well only losing to Stout and Nelson.

Everyone winning their last match is great. No one quitting after a loss is what I like to see

What a round for PSU.

Zack Ryder taking 2 straight to make another U17 team. Would love to see him improve on his bronze at worlds from last year

Lilledahl looks incredible and should win a U20 medal. Just knocked off the defending U20 champion.

Kasak is maybe the OW for me. I knew he was good but didn’t give him much of a chance to win this weight especially with the college kids in there. He impressed all weekend.

Mesenbrink is so much fun. Love his pace and constant attacking mentality. He’s a contender from day 1 at the college level.

Everyone knows my views on Sealey. 3rd at this weight as a high school junior is super impressive.

Barr taking 5th isn’t great on the surface but he only lost to Augustine. I still expect great things from Barr but am really hoping he redshirts.

Connor Mirasola comes back and takes 5th beating Clayton Whiting who he lost to on the frontside. Beat quite a few very good kids.

Everyone winning their last match is great. No one quitting after a loss is what I like to see

POTY nomination. Seriously, great summation @zzs006

@js8793 Whats your take on Bradley Hill? Is he going to be your guys heavy especially if Kueter ends up not wrestling? He seems to have improved a ton. Making the finals here is a great result

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Have to see how things shake out, but gotta think the plan is for Ryder at 184 and Connor Mirasola at 197.
Interestingly, I’m now sort of wondering if Ryder doesn’t end up at 174. Starocci also wrestled 80kg as a cadet. I don’t think Zack really cuts weight and he’s pretty filled out. Barr has more length on him. Though Ryder is still pretty young.

What a round for PSU.

Know they arent PSU giys YET but who would have bet that neither of Bassett or Forrest would make the team.

Know they arent PSU giys YET but who would have bet that neither of Bassett or Forrest would make the team.
I could’ve seen Bassett losing to Knox but not the kids he lost to. I thought Forrest was an underdog to Davino. He seems to be adjusting to to 60kg a bit and Davino is a monster

Reactions: fronk71
You all have been talking about Bo going to psu since 2019. No shit you really want Bassett at psu. Haha. I’m just teasing but saying I want Bassett at my school isn’t exactly a profound statement at this point
I think Bassett used to be all in on Iowa but it seems like the YOunggun connection is still going on. You would have thought they would have been all over Welsh and Those guys.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT