ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympics Wrestling - Aug 5-11

Donovan Ball is going to Paris as ABs training partner, per Donovan. Really a good group of guys we are sending over. That MF Dake burned any decade plus long resentment I had of him when within 30 seconds of me walking in the gym, he approached me and said “nice shirt”. He also instructed the pose for his picture with my kids.
Great pictures! What is Brand's role in the group? Do the coaches take turns running sessions, assigned to weight groups, or just float and instruct?

This young man is pretty much Chuck Norris to me and my wrestling bros.
8w1p9r.jpg

3-mighty-mouse-terrytoons.jpg

Great pictures! What is Brand's role in the group? Do the coaches take turns running sessions, assigned to weight groups, or just float and instruct?
I was there for one session on two different days. Day one was 90 minutes total, just working guts. Mostly guys doing their own thing. Coach Zadick brought them all in twice to discuss some details. Brands, Dennis, Lugo, and Spencer seemed to be working together. They were on a distant mat and there was plenty to see right in front of me so I did not pay much attention. Keuter worked with the bigs. I did not notice Brands working with the other guys. He may have. Coach Varner and Coach Cody were not even in Colorado at that point from how Zain said it. Michigan had a crew of guys there working together, though Lemley drilled with Zain the whole time. Honestly I am not sure of the returns from a training perspective. I’m sure there is a lot of administrative and logistical Olympic stuff that needs sorted out, but these guys are already world level and in great shape. They probably can get just as much out of a practice at their OTC.

I was there for one session on two different days. Day one was 90 minutes total, just working guts. Mostly guys doing their own thing. Coach Zadick brought them all in twice to discuss some details. Brands, Dennis, Lugo, and Spencer seemed to be working together. They were on a distant mat and there was plenty to see right in front of me so I did not pay much attention. Keuter worked with the bigs. I did not notice Brands working with the other guys. He may have. Coach Varner and Coach Cody were not even in Colorado at that point from how Zain said it. Michigan had a crew of guys there working together, though Lemley drilled with Zain the whole time. Honestly I am not sure of the returns from a training perspective. I’m sure there is a lot of administrative and logistical Olympic stuff that needs sorted out, but these guys are already world level and in great shape. They probably can get just as much out of a practice at their OTC.
Thanks for sharing, it’s rare to see inside the matrix, and your kids got the experience, I’m jealous!

Look at all those windows!
Not sure where the practice mats are, but the wrestling venue is directly across from the eiffel tower—so the windows might even have a cool view. Maybe everyone will defect to Paris RTC, lol. Depends on the tunnel/dungeon situation.

Reactions: District four
Not sure where the practice mats are, but the wrestling venue is directly across from the eiffel tower—so the windows might even have a cool view. Maybe everyone will defect to Paris RTC, lol. Depends on the tunnel/dungeon situation.
Tunnels are always selling points….. or so we are told

Reactions: danoftw
Will Bo be in the Brooks corner at the Games? He was in HV or was that just convenient.

Also, any idea or news on who the guys took as training partners? Hopefully the NCAA kids.

Will Bo be in the Brooks corner at the Games? He was in HV or was that just convenient.

Also, any idea or news on who the guys took as training partners? Hopefully the NCAA kids.
Aaron took Donovan Ball who's been his consistent training partner for years. I saw a pic of Gary Steen I think--my guess is for RBY? Not sure. Facundo is there, presumably again for Dake. I think Varner partners with Snyder. I'm not sure who Zain took--but Nick Lee makes some sense. I doubt Bo will be cornering Aaron--it will be Casey or Cael, with Zaddick.

oh, and:

Last edited:
Any ideas why Brooks doesn't want to participate in the opening ceremonies? He doesn't compete soon. Some sort of religious reason maybe?

Before people jump on me, I'm not judging at all. The only time I've seen this is when people are competing the next day like Katie Ledecky this year. I'm genuinely curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT