ADVERTISEMENT

Free or Folk?

I grew up with folk, so I prefer it. Folk has its fair share of painful nuances to power through. However, I have come to appreciate (and slowly learn) and enjoy watching the other wrestling styles. This weekend is the most I have watched Greco…I actually liked watching it. I like the distinctive of each style that sets them apart from the others.
You must enjoy watching paint dry.

Last week, I made it clear that in my mind G/R should not be classified with F/S wrestling - enough of that topic!

I realize after watching way too much F/S wrestling the last month or so - folkstyle is much more exciting to watch! Even Lewan!

3-4 leg laces and that's exposure - dumb as hell to me? The guys are sitting on their asses and rolling to keep their knees from being torn!

I've never been leg laced - have no idea if it's painful or not - Beau went around quick when Alirez pinched/crossed his knees -

dropping to your knees prevents the 1pt step out or you see a caution offered for fleeing ... maybe caution and 1 ... what the hell? You are out of bounds, knees or not? Award the point! Keep it consistent

body locks and exposures when you clearly are taken down is dumb - the initiator gets penalized for the elementary school roll thru ?!?! <--- really DUMB

Folkstyle is understood by every wrestler / wrestling fan in the USA - Top/Bottom/Neutral -

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT