ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK TOPIC 3# PSU TRAINING

Might be on me but I have not seen a lot of your teams training videos. Mostly would be interested in DRILLING, LIVE GOES, WEIGHT TRAINING. Like to get some insight to how the team is actually working out. For all I know, there may be a place where these videos are abundant?

If anyone has anything, please post, point me in the right direction, etc.... Also, do not worry, I will not steal your secrets, I promise
; )

OK TOPIC 3# PSU TRAINING

Might be on me but I have not seen a lot of your teams training videos. Mostly would be interested in DRILLING, LIVE GOES, WEIGHT TRAINING. Like to get some insight to how the team is actually working out. For all I know, there may be a place where these videos are abundant?

If anyone has anything, please post, point me in the right direction, etc.... Also, do not worry, I will not steal your secrets, I promise
; )

1) Dodgeball
2)????
3) Profit (via trophies)

OK TOPIC 3# PSU TRAINING

; )
I can tell you it isn’t any great secret… practice used to be open. Anyone could go and watch. I did a few times. COVId ended that but unless you are really hard core it was boring.

Dodgeball, then Cael spoke to team for a couple of minutes. Usually emphasized a position or technique to focus on. Grab your training partner and go.

Cael wrapped up w logistics for any upcoming stuff.

I would say we are done with your (can' say it) but obviously we like making fun of you to much, please carry on you are amusing!

• Wow
Reactions: IRONBIRD
OK TOPIC 3# PSU TRAINING

; )
c4W4ry.gif

yN4InHW.gif

3edd6bfef2d71a5720d571a9d0219f5a.gif

Last edited:
OK TOPIC 3# PSU TRAINING

; )
Lifting trophies mainly

OK TOPIC 3# PSU TRAINING

; )

BTN did an hour long show on Iowa wrestling a few years ago, about repeating as national champions in 2022. We have seen specials on BTN about the Brands brothers and Spencer Lee. You have to assume that the Brands have some input into what material is shown and the message conveyed, else they would not agree to the shows. All of these Iowa wrestling shows convey the message of tough wrestling and tough training, all the time. Watching them, you almost feel sorry for them, especially when they come up short of reaching their goals.

Then you have PSU, the little bit that leaks out on video is usally the team playing dodgeball.

Ironbird is right, plenty of good coaches out there. The difference at PSU is that Cael places huge priorities on mental health/approach and physical/mental recovery. Iowa has not idea what these concepts are. Cael also has figured out what is important in developing wrestlers.

There is a Gable quote "If something makes you better, do it everyday. If something doesn't help you, don't do it at all". Cael takes that to heart, Brands brothers have no idea what it means.

Regarding training wrestlers, Bryan Pearsall was on a wrestling podcast and he talked about Cael coming to PSU when he was on the team before and after Cael. The one thing that stood out was Pearsall said that they worked hard under Sunderland, but when Cael came in, they worked hard on the mat and not the track. If you want to get good at something, you spend most of your time doing that activity, hence working on the mat and not the track.

PSU training:

1) Emphasis on mental health and strength

2) Emphasis on clean living

3) Wrestle at the right weight. Can’t be out of energy from a weight cut.

4) Coaches are master technicians constantly inventing moves

5) Peak for nationals, even at the risk of not performing well at a couple meets and Big Tens

PSU training:

1) Emphasis on mental health and strength

2) Emphasis on clean living

3) Wrestle at the right weight. Can’t be out of energy from a weight cut.

4) Coaches are master technicians constantly inventing moves

5) Peak for nationals, even at the risk of not performing well at a couple meets and Big Tens
This was covered in @PAHURDLER post he wrote "?????". 😉

You wrote all those words above, but forgot dodgeball.

The other post was also a great SouthPark reference.

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
OK TOPIC 3# PSU TRAINING

; )

Reactions: IRONBIRD
The secrets of PSU wrestling consist of (as I have learned on hawkeye report)
1. A massive pile of cash illegally obtained by the CIA from selling weapons to the Mormon separatist movement.
2. Recruiting athletes capable of obtaining academic scholarships (which is CHEATING!!!!)
3. Special Steroids developed and supplied by the Lizard people who secretly run the deep state.
4. Brainwashing techniques to trick wrestlers into thinking wrestling is f**
GIF by Giphy QA

I found an avatar for him!!!
il_570xN.874003874_qr8d.jpg
OK, you had several warning, will have to ask the moderator to step in!
You get off with a warning for now!
BTN did an hour long show on Iowa wrestling a few years ago, about repeating as national champions in 2022. We have seen specials on BTN about the Brands brothers and Spencer Lee. You have to assume that the Brands have some input into what material is shown and the message conveyed, else they would not agree to the shows. All of these Iowa wrestling shows convey the message of tough wrestling and tough training, all the time. Watching them, you almost feel sorry for them, especially when they come up short of reaching their goals.

Then you have PSU, the little bit that leaks out on video is usally the team playing dodgeball.

Ironbird is right, plenty of good coaches out there. The difference at PSU is that Cael places huge priorities on mental health/approach and physical/mental recovery. Iowa has not idea what these concepts are. Cael also has figured out what is important in developing wrestlers.

There is a Gable quote "If something makes you better, do it everyday. If something doesn't help you, don't do it at all". Cael takes that to heart, Brands brothers have no idea what it means.

Regarding training wrestlers, Bryan Pearsall was on a wrestling podcast and he talked about Cael coming to PSU when he was on the team before and after Cael. The one thing that stood out was Pearsall said that they worked hard under Sunderland, but when Cael came in, they worked hard on the mat and not the track. If you want to get good at something, you spend most of your time doing that activity, hence working on the mat and not the track.
Good post, seems to me a lot more stuff about IOWA
TY will take a look.
Great, there you go admitting PSU cheats... we'll never hear the end of this.
AH HA!!!! yep I knew i would catch em!?!?!?
Don't forget crushing watermelons on his chest.
Heard Zain crushed them with his legs? Was directly from his neighbor who I spoke with at NCAAs in NYC. Told him Zain was transferring to IOWA, lol. Man you should have heard him saying thats BS!!!!
LOL so ironbird admits iowa has no idea on how to train??ask your coach!!
Well I would not go that far but I have said, that from what I have seen. Their Weight training needs work! I would say this about most college teams that I see lifting though!

Iowa fans (and coaches) mistakenly believing that money is the reason people keep running away from Iowa (and other programs) to train at PSU/NLWC has to be one of the most reassuring things a PSU fan can look at when it comes to expecting continued success.

Iowa. Just. Doesn’t. Get. It. And it’s glorious.
Listen to one tom brands interview and a monkey can see he doesn't get it lmfao. Clueless. He is so stuck in how he was coached he can't see any other way or should I say he refuses to see it any other way

Reactions: danoftw
Listen to one tom brands interview and a monkey can see he doesn't get it lmfao. Clueless. He is so stuck in how he was coached he can't see any other way or should I say he refuses to see it any other way
Well there is a lot to say about the way they coach at IOWA! Again, they won 3 in a row before your run, and another 2(I will give us the covid year) with far less high end recruits. NOT saying some adjustments could not be made! I think that could be said about any coaches from outsiders looking in though.

OH did you all see?????? IOWA over Iowa st. HUGE win and now we have our sights set on you guys!!!! : )

Well there is a lot to say about the way they coach at IOWA! Again, they won 3 in a row before your run, and another 2(I will give us the covid year) with far less high end recruits. NOT saying some adjustments could not be made! I think that could be said about any coaches from outsiders looking in though.

OH did you all see?????? IOWA over Iowa st. HUGE win and now we have our sights set on you guys!!!! : )
claiming a win in a contest that never occurred is very Iowa

Man as much as I don't want to like you I just do. Optimism is a good thing. Good luck on your season and I think I've read enough of your posts on gia to know you can't be that satisfied with how Iowa wrestled tonight that team is going no where is they continue to wrestle like that. Most stall calls I've seen in a while from Iowa.

claiming a win in a contest that never occurred is very Iowa
I was at the B1Gs at Rutgers and IOWA was wrestling as well as I have seen in a L O N G time!!! Spencer lee would have rolled to #4! Lugo was to be seeded #1 and had a great shot at a NC title. The Bull was the healthiest he ever was late in the season and would have been the #1 seed i believe? had is best shot at a title that year. KenDawg also was healthy and I believe would have won it.

YES all is speculation at best but without a doubt they were HUGE favorites and rolled to the biggest title of the year(B1Gs) so...........
Man as much as I don't want to like you I just do. Optimism is a good thing. Good luck on your season and I think I've read enough of your posts on gia to know you can't be that satisfied with how Iowa wrestled tonight that team is going no where is they continue to wrestle like that. Most stall calls I've seen in a while from Iowa.
TY, and I would wish you luck also but I do not think you need it!!!! As an IOWA fan, I though some of those stall calls were quick. I am sure an Iowa st fan would feel differently. What was your opinion?

I was at the B1Gs at Rutgers and IOWA was wrestling as well as I have seen in a L O N G time!!! Spencer lee would have rolled to #4! Lugo was to be seeded #1 and had a great shot at a NC title. The Bull was the healthiest he ever was late in the season and would have been the #1 seed i believe? had is best shot at a title that year. KenDawg also was healthy and I believe would have won it.

YES all is speculation at best but without a doubt they were HUGE favorites and rolled to the biggest title of the year(B1Gs) so...........

TY, and I would wish you luck also but I do not think you need it!!!! As an IOWA fan, I thought some of those stall calls were quick. I am sure an Iowa st fan would feel differently. What was your opinion?
Iowa always looks great a couple weeks before nationals.

TY, and I would wish you luck also but I do not think you need it!!!! As an IOWA fan, I though some of those stall calls were quick. I am sure an Iowa st fan would feel differently. What was your opinion?
I don’t expect to convince you on this topic at all, but I’m convinced PSU was going to win NCAAs in 2020. Here’s one of my prior posts about it:

“PSU:

Champs at 141 (NLee), 165 (Cenzo), 174 (Hall) and 184 (Brooks). High finishes from RBY and Shakur (who had just beaten Warner at Big Tens and was rounding into wrestling shape after the long injury layoff). I have them at 103-109 before bonus.

Iowa:

Marinelli was slated to see Wick (big-time Krypotonite for Marinelli over his career) in the quarters. Warner was going to see Rasheed in 2nd round (Rasheed had just beaten him at Big Tens). Young had just gone 0-2 at Big Tens and had lost his last 3 matches. Lugo was a one-seed with 8th place being his best ever NCAA tournament performance.

To each his own, but I’m convinced PSU was going to win.”

Last edited:
I don’t expect to convince you on this topic at all, but I’m convinced PSU was going to win NCAAs in 2021. Here’s one of my prior posts about it:

“PSU:

Champs at 141 (NLee), 165 (Cenzo), 174 (Hall) and 184 (Brooks). High finishes from RBY and Shakur (who had just beaten Warner at Big Tens and was rounding into wrestling shape after the long injury layoff). I have them at 103-109 before bonus.

Iowa:

Marinelli was slated to see Wick (big-time Krypotonite for Marinelli over his career) in the quarters. Warner was going to see Rasheed in 2nd round (Rasheed had just beaten him at Big Tens). Young had just gone 0-2 at Big Tens and had lost his last 3 matches. Lugo was a one-seed with 8th place being his best ever NCAA tournament performance.

To each his own, but I’m convinced PSU was going to win.”
You just made me LOL, TY. Even if ALL this went right for you, IOWA still scores more then your HIGH point total you have given your team!!! Please do the math for what you think IOWA would have scored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT