ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Brackets & Thread :

This Berger/Shields match is a snooze fest.

The kaleb young match was wild.

Imar rode the Bull pretty well. Marinelli is going to be a good one but maybe not just yet.

Last edited:
The kaleb young match was wild.

Imar rode the Bull pretty well. Morelli is going to be a good one but maybe not just yet.
Young should have finished his TD and then he made a big mistake when he tried to roll through either to a cradle or with a cradle and got stuck underneath for 6. He came back, but he let one get away that he should have had.

Does Young project to 174? Assuming Kem at '57 and Marinelli at '65 next year?

Wow, Martin could not stop Dechow's shots

Was psyched to see the Dechow of old (like Midlands 2014 old). Totally rope a doped that last TD; twas a beautiful sight.

Other thoughts from the Qtrs I saw:
- The Bull doesn't look very athletic. Of course, he was facing Imar.
- Berger being perhaps the class of 157 is further evidence of Nolf's separation at the head of the pack
- Kaleb Young looked pretty fun. Entertaining match vs the CSU Bakersfield kid, but couldn't finish it out.
- Nate Jackson took a number of ugly shots on Sammy Brooks, then Brooks took one beautiful one, got elbow-deep on a single. Then Jackson just stepped over it and it was over. Slick af.
- Rutgers' Gravina has always been tough. Looks even tougher this year. Just nails. Mauled Renda 8-2, nearly pinned him in a cradle early.
- Soooo psyched for Dechow!
- Jordan Wood having the success many Pennsylvanians might have imagined for him. Should be some nice battles with Nevills the next two years.
- Stoll looks as pushy as ever; I think Nevills is too athletic for him.

How can I see full brackets? On Flo it says you can view them but then brings up some thing "Scribd?" It only allows me to see 125/133 brackets.

I am on Mobil phone. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there any place to view all updates brackets?

Tan man now understands what happens when you make two wrestlers move for the sake of one wrestler.

How can I see full brackets? On Flo it says you can view them but then brings up some thing "Scribd?" It only allows me to see 125/133 brackets.

I am on Mobil phone. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there any place to view all updates brackets?
midlands brackets are on Track

I just went there with my iPhone. Didn't see where there would be brackets to click on? I went to track entered event. Then what?
When you pull up the page there should be a header bar, brackets is 2nd button from left.

I went to my computer and found the brackets. Apparently it shows up on computer but not my iPhone
I'm using an android based phone. Once you're on Track, enter the Midlands event, then towards the top in a blue bar it says Event Menu. On the right hand side of the blue Event Menu bar, you should see 3 vertical dots (or a tab that will give you a drop down menu). Click that tab and it drops a sub menu that you can choose the brackets.
Good Luck!

These 184 semis look terrific. I need to watch them later.

I'm going to be excited for the Bo/Myles rematch because I think Bo is going to take it to him.

Reactions: diggerpup
I'm using an android based phone. Once you're on Track, enter the Midlands event, then towards the top in a blue bar it says Event Menu. On the right hand side of the blue Event Menu bar, you should see 3 vertical dots (or a tab that will give you a drop down menu). Click that tab and it drops a sub menu that you can choose the brackets.
Good Luck!
Track's interface is rather quirky. The bar you describe is sometimes there and sometimes not. It disappears on the mat by mat screen and you have to litereally reload to get it back. Happens also if you are on the mat screen again and click into a weight were there are brackets but no way out of them.

If the bar stays it works very very well, but track has some rabbit holes they wed to fix.

I was impressed by both Marinelli and Kemmerer yesterday People who say Marinelli is undersized for 165 are way off the mark, IMHO. The kid is a horse and proved to be every bit as big and strong as IMAR. Granted, IMAR isn't a "huge" 65er, but still. What was telling (to me) was Isaiah trying his upper body stuff like twice early on and then saying "No mas". AM is a very strong kid who simply lacks the top level skills right now (although he did get in on two pretty good shots).

One Iowa wrestler who didn't look all that great to me was Sorensen. He'll probably win the tourny but he doesn't look like the nation's #2 149er right now.

Last edited:
After all preliminary rounds, Friday’s championship finals will air live on BTN TV at 8 p.m. ET. As always, our full TV schedule is here.

New to BTN2Go? It’s free. On the internet, go to www.BTN2Go.com, select your TV provider, sign-in with your TV provider credentials, and you will have full access to BTN2Go’s services. On iOS and Android devices, launch the BTN2Go app (which is free to download in both the App Store and Google Play Store), select your TV provider, sign-in with your TV provider credentials, and you will have full access to BTN2Go. BTN2Go is also on Roku.

Watched a lot of wrestling yesterday...agree with most that's been written here. Only a few comments;
-- Dechow looked good in his win, as noted by others, but likes space, and backs up a lot. Not a fan of the style, works for him though.
-- Stoll does push a lot, seems well-suited for Greco. He looks bigger than Nevills to me...what do others think? Nevills goes 250 or so. Toss-up right now between the two, imo. Happy that Stoll looks like the recovery from injury is behind him.
-- I wouldn't read anything into everyone's performance at one day of one tournament. Someone mentioned Sorensen.
-- The team score is;
Iowa 85.5 (5 semi-finalists)
Nebbie 78.5 (4 semi-finalists, can't count Red)
Rutgers 64.5
-- Looks like it's Iowa's to lose right now.
-- Lot's of intriguing semi-final bouts;
For me...Gross vs Montoya
Kolodzik vs Red
Ashnault vs Jack II
Tsirtsis vs Kemerer
Martinez vs Valencia
Dudley vs Jackson
Medbery vs Wood (won't happen, Medbery MFF'd)
Stoll vs Hall

Last edited:
Reactions: Gebmo
Watched a lot of wrestling yesterday...agree with most that's been written here. Only a few comments;
-- Dechow looked good in his win, as noted by others, but likes space, and backs up a lot. Not a fan of the style, works for him though.
-- Stoll does push a lot, seems well-suited for Greco. He looks bigger than Nevills to me...what do others think? Nevills goes 250 or so. Toss-up right now between the two, imo. Happy that Stoll looks like the recovery from injury is behind him.
-- I wouldn't read anything into everyone's performance at one day of one tournament. Someone mentioned Sorensen.
-- The team score is;
Iowa 85.5 (5 semi-finalists)
Nebbie 78.5 (4 semi-finalists, can't count Red)
Rutgers 64.5
-- Looks like it's Iowa's to lose right now.
-- Lot's of intriguing semi-final bouts;
For me...Gross vs Montoya
Kolodzik vs Red
Ashnault vs Jack II
Tsirtsis vs Kemerer
Martinez vs Valencia
Dudley vs Jackson
Medbery vs Wood (though Medbery is a big favorite here)
Stoll vs Hall
I think Stoll's pushing is tailor-made for Nick's very quick snatch single.

Appears they are running a round of consi matches beginning at 1 before semis or am I looking at it wrong. Thanks.

Appears they are running a round of consi matches beginning at 1 before semis or am I looking at it wrong. Thanks.

They are at the R12. I'm betting they are running 6 mats with the semis in the middle 2 mats and the consys on the outside mats, just like Friday night at NCAAs.

On Track, it shows the 4 consi rounds going on 4 mats, to start. No semi-finals loaded up on track, yet.

Several MFF's of note;
-- Medbery forfeits to Wood (Wood moves on to finals, facing the Stoll/Tanner winner)
-- Ugalde forfeits to Marinelli
-- Bleise forfeits to Bannister

I was impressed by both Marinelli and Kemmerer yesterday People who say Marinelli is undersized for 165 are way off the mark, IMHO. The kid is a horse and proved to be every bit as big and strong as IMAR. Granted, IMAR isn't a "huge" 65er, but still. What was telling (to me) was Isaiah trying his upper body stuff like twice early on and then saying "No mas". AM is a very strong kid who simply lacks the top level skills right now (although he did get in on two pretty good shots).

One Iowa wrestler who didn't look all that great to me was Sorensen. He'll probably win the tourny but he doesn't look like the nation's #2 149er right now.

Collica ain't beating him though. Sorenson is the solid #2 to me, I don't see anyone beating him. It's Zain...then a GIANT GAP....then Sorenson, then Collica and everyone else very close behind Sorenson.

Reactions: andegre
Cool Thanks. Also does anyone know what time the Championship side of the bracket will start for session 3

Cool Thanks. Also does anyone know what time the Championship side of the bracket will start for session 3
Appears after bout 690. The highest bout number right now is 671 (it's 1:34pm now when I'm posting this).

Last edited:

My guess is after this round of consis. They are currently at 157 and 165. Would think semis would be on mats 2 and 3. Sometime after 2 eastern time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT