ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Brackets & Thread :

Storr beat Pletcher 5-4. Pletcher had him dead to rights more than once, but Storr just kept rolling around.

Terao had Gilman in a spladle, but was too loose with it and got reversed. Why was Gilman so fired up at the end? There was nothing dirty that I saw by Terao.

Reactions: diggerpup
Terao had Gilman in a spladle, but was too loose with it and got reversed. Why was Gilman so fired up at the end? There was nothing dirty that I saw by Terao.

I had to rewind to see if there was anything and I didn't see anything. Gilman was chirping at him a lot after the match and it looked like Terao wanted to shake hands. His coach was upset with Gilman, too.

Why is it that I only ever see Iowa guys chirping after matches? What is it about them that they need to jaw at other guys?

I had to rewind to see if there was anything and I didn't see anything. Gilman was chirping at him a lot after the match and it looked like Terao wanted to shake hands. His coach was upset with Gilman, too.

Why is it that I only ever see Iowa guys chirping after matches? What is it about them that they need to jaw at other guys?

It's mostly just Gilman ... seems to be his mat personality. He is darn lucky Terao didn't have that spladle tigher or he was decked.

It's mostly just Gilman ... seems to be his mat personality. He is darn lucky Terao didn't have that spladle tigher or he was decked.

Ramos was the same way. And wasn't Evans a guy that got chippy after matches with some shoves?

It's the Iowa style.

Wow, I can see how Nick Lee struggled to score on Chad Red. Great match so far, 2-1 heading to the third!

Nice TD by Kolodzik as time expires, 3-3 heading to OT!

Update: Kolodzik wins it 5-3 in OT

Wow. Ashnault straight punched Jack in the face with about 0 seconds on the clock at the very end. NC State coaches REALLY upset.

Kolodzik pulled that one out of a hat!! Wrestled to the absolute last second in regulation to get it to SV.

Check that, there was 1 second left. But regardless. It was a total cheap shot.

Was going to respond to a previous post and say that there are many, many teams with one or more wrestlers who like to take cheap shots ... Ashnault just demonstrated it. No need for such behavior.

A. Valencia will drop down to face Young in the consi's. That should be a good match.
And Marinelli gets Glass (who Young beat)...should be a good match as well

Jackson needs to go back down to 174 in my opinion. Have seen him wrestle several times this year and haven't been impressed at all. I don't think he's got the horsepower to go with the big dogs at 184.

Meyer wins that match all day long if he lets Weatherspoon up starting halfway through the 2nd period. It was clear he was gassing even then.

Rewind to 2:39 on the Mat 1 feed to see the end. Terao was chucking in cross face upper cuts as time expired. I'm no fan of Gilman and his tough guy antics, but that was all on Terao (who wrestled great!)

Rewind to 2:39 on the Mat 1 feed to see the end. Terao was chucking in cross face upper cuts as time expired. I'm no fan of Gilman and his tough guy antics, but that was all on Terao (who wrestled great!)

This. Terao gave him two free shots at the end in the last few seconds. I don't mind it so much...but it wasn't to advance a wrestling move...just giving Gilman something to remember him by. That's why Gilman got up all ornery. Gilman did nothing dirty btw. It was the same in the last few seconds of the Ashnault match. Ash just stood there waiting for time to run out to go to OT and gave the guy a shot at the end.

Great match by Terao...funky dudes give Gilman problems.

Nice TD by Kolodzik as time expires, 3-3 heading to OT!

Update: Kolodzik wins it 5-3 in OT

Kolidzik just never quits. He beat Ashnault back in November with a TD in the last 10 seconds. Both he & Red are quite impressive for true frosh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT