ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results & Goldfish Games: Week of 12/9 - 12/11

VA Tech's website is showing a start time of 4:30 pm today. Espn Plus still shows it at 7 pm.
Mizzou pre-meet article also indicates a 4:30 PM Eastern (3:30 PM Central) start time. I wonder if ESPN+ will actually make it available live.

Just imagining a one-match Spencer Lee as the 32 seed…. The poor 1-seed…

Edit: I guess it’d be two cause he already wrestled one. So he wins a Big Ten Tournament match and then MFFs out. Shows up at nationals at 2-0 and as the 32 seed. Pat Glory draws him in first round.

Reactions: PSU James
I didn't have a chance to list matches up front ... so will do that now (some will be results):

F 12/9:

Penn vs. Army:
- 125: Miller (P) dec Berginc 3-2 (Berginc's first loss of the year)

Goofers vs. ND State:
- 141: Bergeland (MN) dec Droegemuller 6-2
- 157: Franek (ND) dec B. Lee 2-1 TB-1
- 165: Caliendo (ND) dec Sparks 5-2

Sun 12/11:

VT vs. Missouri:
- 125: Ventresca vs. Surtin
- 133: Latona vs. Brown
- 141: Crook vs. Hart
- 149: Henson vs. Mauller
- 157: Andonian vs. Jarrett
- 165: Brady vs. O'Toole
- 174: Lewis vs. Mocco
- 184: Bolen vs. Harman
- 197: Smith vs. R. Elam
- 285: Catka vs. Z. Elam

Outstanding matchup.

Bedlam:
- 125: Prata vs. Mastro
- 141: Schwartz vs. Young
- 149: Moore vs. Voinovich
- 157: Butler vs. Gfeller
- 165: 9-House vs. Sheets
- 174: Roberts vs. Plott
- 197: Moore vs. Surber

Princeton vs. Rutger Fight Club:
- 125: Glory vs. Shawver

Note: high risk of the match being interrupted on NBC Sports Philly by the Eagles Postgame Show, if the dual runs to 4 pm.

Last edited:
OSU vs Kent State on BTN+.

Heinselman wins 4-3 with 1:09 RT.
Bouzakis wins 5-0 with over 6 minutes RT (1 TD, 1 Reversal + RT)
D'Emilio wins 3-1
Sasso wins 19-4, used the bow and arrow twice.
Knapp (Kent) beats Issac Wilcox 6-3.

Tosu winning 14-3 @ intermission. Outside Sasso, Ohio state only has 4 TD in 4 matches. Sounds like Paddy out so OSU forfeiting 165.

Mendez out with hurt elbow

165 OSU forfeit 14-9
174 Ethen Smith wrestling. I'm done, going to watch PSU.

Last edited:

Bouzakis wins 5-0 with over 6 minutes RT
D'Emilio wins 3-1
Issac Wilcox wrestling tied 3-3 end of 2nd
Over 6 mins of riding time!! That’s crazy but even crazier that it wasn’t Ohio State being rode

Ohio State and Michigan sent kids to the Cleveland Stare open today. At 165 Hepner and Amine could meet in the finals. At 184 there is Poznanski, Rylan Rogers, and Seth Shumate. Jordan Decatur lost in the second round

Bouzakis wins 5-0 with over 6 minutes RT (1 TD, 1 Reversal + RT)
D'Emilio wins 3-1
Knapp (Kent) beats Issac Wilcox wrestling 6-3

Tosu winning 14-3 @ intermission. Outside Sasso, Ohio state only has 4 TD in 4 matches. Sounds like Paddy out so OSU forfeiting 165.
I think Wilcox was in for Paddy. Kharchla is their 165.

Announcer said Paddy out and OSU forfeiting 165 so Kharchla must be out also.
What’s going on with Paddy? Injury I assume but he sure hasn’t looked like the top recruit he was coming out of high school

Glory apparently made 125 and is scheduled to take the mat. Dual starting at 133, though.
Interesting. Flo said this week they heard he was moving up to 133. I’m glad he’s staying down because Spencer needs at least a couple tough kids at 125

Reactions: diggerpup
Interesting. Flo said this week they heard he was moving up to 133. I’m glad he’s staying down because Spencer needs at least a couple tough kids at 125
Sorry, I goofed on the starting at 133 part — they started at 125 and Glory went. Allegedly “feeling good” back down to weight.

Edit: Not looking like he feels good, if you ask me. Having trouble finishing anything against a backup (Peterson). Won only 4-1, had only a single TD.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and zzs006
At 141, Coles of Princeton just upset #8 Sammy Alvarez 4-3.

Goodale challenging for a late TD, though (locked cradle).

Challenge lost. Coles w/ the upset (and his first win of the season).

Sorry, I goofed on the starting at 133 part — they started at 125 and Glory went. Allegedly “feeling good” back down to weight.

Edit: Not looking like he feels good, if you ask me. Having trouble finishing anything against a backup (Peterson). Won only 4-1, had only a single TD.
I think 125 is a huge pull for him. He hasn’t looked very good this year and I think it has to be the cut. That said, Peterson is very good. Probably a top 15 kid

I think 125 is a huge pull for him. He hasn’t looked very good this year and I think it has to be the cut. That said, Peterson is very good. Probably a top 15 kid
Yeah, I later saw that he and Shawver have very similar records and thought “Hmmm, maybe he (Peterson) isn’t actually the backup.”

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT