ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illini 2020 Game Thread

Am I the only one who’d like to see us play Costal Carolina in a bowl game. Won’t happen. But would be a fun matchup...
No interest in them playing CC. I want to see a Power 5 school opponent although I get that CC is good this year.

Things that didn’t age well.

21 points in a quarter to a team who’s roster is absolutely decimated is pathetic. I’m glad Pry figured it out, but it shouldn’t have taken an entire quarter. Pry has done this all season - so much so that Franklin mentioned it in a press conference as something that needed to stop- the D having slow starts and taking too long to adjust. All is not well just because Penn State thumped hapless Illinois.

Last edited:
JF was a lot more animated for this game, and actually for the last few, than earlier in the season.
Anybody notice him having some intense discussions with Clifford and Levis, among others ?

Reactions: PearlSUJam
JF was a lot more animated for this game, and actually for the last few, than earlier in the season.
Anybody notice him having some intense discussions with Clifford and Levis, among others ?
I thought the one near the end was very refreshing to see. CJF was the coach!

21 points in a quarter to a team who’s roster is absolutely decimated is pathetic. I’m glad Pry figured it out, but it shouldn’t have taken an entire quarter. Pry has done this all season - so much so that Franklin mentioned it in a press conference as something that needed to stop- the D having slow starts and taking too long to adjust. All is not well just because Penn State thumped hapless Illinois.
Turnovers and a short field have something to do with that...just keep doubling down though.

I'm sure its been mentioned, but anyone know what the heck has happened to ford? Did he play at all?

No interest in them playing CC. I want to see a Power 5 school opponent although I get that CC is good this year.
We played them about 15 years ago in an early game game. I think they were 1AA at the time. I couldn't understand how we picked them, so I dug into it a little. Their AD was one of JVP's captains, in the 60's or early 70's. I don't remember his name right now, but he isn't at that job now.

Edit Found it and the game was in 2008... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Koegel

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like Stoudt is much of a punter. Wonder if he is all they had this year.
Still better than 2014-15 punting.
agree - quite often he loses 15-20 yds on an exchange between punts from other side. in a close game that would be a bigger deal.

Might seem that way, but the season numbers on punting don't bear out a big problem

PSU avg. punt per game -- 41.55
Opponents avg. punt -- 41.45

PSU Net avg. punting -- 38.79
Opponents net avg. -- 36.80

Had decent, if not great, punting, and good punt coverage by special teams.

**note to add -- I sometimes wish Dotson wouldn't fair catch so much, but he is the best fielder of punts that I can recall for Penn State -- he securely catches nearly everything no matter what the weather And when he does get room -- he is an excellent returner.

Last edited:
I don't "remember" it, but if you are looking for the specific date, it was 12/7/1968.
Yes, that was it Bobby Campbell threw the football into the South stands after a TD, Joe freaked out about it. Unless i'm wrong , up to this year was the only time PSU played in Beaver Stadium in December.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT