ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa game thread

Say what you will about ONeill and I can’t stand him but, he called a fair game for the last two games against OSU, which I didn’t expect.

Let’s hope that was his only crap call

As Elaine Benes would say.....Stanley's "injury" to his right arm is Fake....Fake...Fake.

Penn state is going to win this game
Not if the officials have anything to say about it....we need at least a three score lead and that’s a problem obviously. Call it the Kinnick curse or whatever, but we can’t get enough of a lead to beat Iowa and the refs.

Reactions: TheGLOV
What happened to Gillikan, wasn't even covered after the TV break.

Yeah, it's unreal. Starting punter, captain, injured when we go to commerical break and the absolutely no mention of what happend to him. Oh, but we do know the answer to the freakin AFLAC trivia question.

Reactions: paws1957
We knew this would be a slugfest, Clifford needs to shake the nerves and be ready to go.

Rahne throwing on first down with a twitchy Clifford is killing drives. We’ve been getting 4-5 a clip, run the ball.

We’re lucky we’re so strong up front because our secondary is mediocre. Reid’s penalties have been killer so far this season.

Reactions: Novalions
How about Noah Cain? At least the coaches listen to this esteemed board. He's running with authority, space dependent of course.

Not one replay of the supposed defensive holding. Just stinks.

I rewatched that play. The receiver cuts inside Reid, and there’s a good bit of space between them. There’s little chance that he was holding. And if there was, O’Neil was quick to call the offender even though he was down on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

PSU has been called for Holding twice in this game - Iowa has yet to be penalized despite Iowa attempting 23 passes and PSU only attempting 15 passes (and PSU generating tremendous pressure on every play - and leading the nation in sacks). But of course, 0 holding calls on Iowa and 2 on PSU - one of which took a 1st half possession from PSU and gave Iowa a free extra possession. And people wonder why PSU hates this cock-sucking bush-league Conference and it's biased cheating Officials.

Has anybody got a reasonable explanation on the defensive hold? They really kind of glossed over it. Sure sounded like the ref said #28, thought we were looking at another one of those phantom DL holding calls that only seem to get called against us.

And once again we’ve forced no turnovers....if you’re going to be a top ranked team and going to win tough games (especially on the road) you have to get turnovers.

So execution has nothing to do with it?
Yes execution has majority of the play, but probability of the play call and situation needs to be taken into account, especially when your players are not settled in.

the coach pulls the strings on the puppet, eh huh I mean players;)

Can we all agree that the B1G sent their most corrupt crew to knock PSU out of any hope of a East Division championship?

Wait until next week's crew.....Snodgrass & Co.
Yeah, I don’t have a good feeling about this one...it started when I heard O’Neill was working this game and it’s gotten worse with our play.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Big surprise Iowa with NO PENALTIES in half 1 and was benefit of a huge penalty call and funny how we never saw a replay!
Imagine that! Where are all the idiots here that think we should stay in this conference? It’s the equivalent of chasing the mugger down the street and begging him to take your wallet! Yet some here have not seen enough?? How many more screwings do we want?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT