ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa game thread

Not if the officials have anything to say about it....we need at least a three score lead and that’s a problem obviously. Call it the Kinnick curse or whatever, but we can’t get enough of a lead to beat Iowa and the refs.

That phantom holding penalty against our #29 was as bad of a call as the one called against our 'center' when we played Ohio St. years back.

Changed the game back then and did the same in the first half for sure today.

Yeah, I don’t have a good feeling about this one...it started when I heard O’Neill was working this game and it’s gotten worse with our play.
You can switch out Lemonnier and Witvoet, but there will always a second generation of understudies....

Reactions: AWS1022
Calm down.

We can run the ball on them and our QB played well in the second quarter.

If Reid does not make yet another of his holding penalties ( what’s up with that John? ) we are probably up two scores.

I look for us to pull away and win 24 -9

Calm down.

If Reid does not make yet another of his holding penalties ( what’s up with that John? ) we are probably up two scores.

Where was the hold? Did you watch?

That phantom holding penalty against our #29 was as bad of a call as the one called against our 'center' when we played Ohio St. years back.

Changed the game back then and did the same in the first half for sure today.
Or the defensive holding against Windsor against MSU

Reactions: TheGLOV
Has anybody got a reasonable explanation on the defensive hold? They really kind of glossed over it. Sure sounded like the ref said #28, thought we were looking at another one of those phantom DL holding calls that only seem to get called against us.

He said #29 ... but watching it back, Reid literally doesn’t make the slightest bit of contact with his receiver before they go off screen. Now you can’t see what happens after that (that was a good 8+ yards off the LOS), but at the time they go off screen, Oweh is already through the line and one more step and Stanley ducks and prepares for impact.

There’s no way there was holding there.

Even Blackledge commented that it’s hard for them to find the hold (which is why there wasn’t a replay, I guess).

Calm down.

But they can call holding any play they want to....but you know that.

I watched that phantom hold at least five times in slow motion. There is no hold anywhere. The wr releases clean. Its not even close.

Yeah, it’s not like there was contact, but just normal contact ... Reid literally didn’t touch the guy at all.

Reactions: psualt
What we did see.....

Gillikin got ran into twice
One should have been roughing too
Clifford had his facemask/helmet grabbed

All no call.

Iowa gets gift holding call which noooo one has actually seen that completely changed the game

PATHETIC

We need to go up tempo this half like we did on the long TD drive. Eventually the Hawkeyes will break. The OL was getting blown up early but appears to have settled in. Cain at RB, get Freiermuth isolated inside on the LBers.

Wasted 2nd down run by Cliff. He should not be calling his own number 10-11 times a game. Not with the talent we have in the backfield.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT