ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa Game Thread

The shame of it all is that a semi composed O that could at least manage a few first downs and not go backwards on multiple series is likely enough to escape with a W

Heck a team that could just get snaps off might have been.

Game ball goes to whoever injured Clifford, regardless of whoever the announcers annoint...

Perhaps, but that is why Allar and Pribula are so important to the near-term success of the program.

btw, CJF would be absolutely roasted if PSU took knees like that with time still on the clock.
Nope…what I would have suggested as Game Management coach😂

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow99
I wish anyone on our offense would have stepped up…offensive line was a joke with false starts, dropped passes by TE and WR….may not have been great passes but when you have a new QB someone has to help him out and make a play.
Tale of 2 halves. We figured out a way to botch that game. Some missed tackles, missed catches, bad throws, 1000 penalties, 200 interceptions. .Seemed we had it nearby in the bag. The Iowa punter is a superstar. Oh well.

Reactions: psualt
Game ball goes to whoever injured Clifford, regardless of whoever the announcers annoint...

Perhaps, but that is why Allar and Pribula are so important to the near-term success of the program.

btw, CJF would be absolutely roasted if PSU took knees like that with time still on the clock.

And their punter. That dude is unreal.

The entire O lost its composure. It was a systemic collapse on O. How many false starts?

Agreed. Bone head move by iowa

i don't think any of his receivers helped him, which didn't get him into any kind or rhythm or confidence passing..defense ran out of gas and made one big mistake...if it takes knocking out a hot QB, and leveraging noise against a very inexperienced backup QB, I can live with that. Penn State would beat this team if both didn't happen 7 out of 10 times.
His receivers nor his coaches helped him at all

And you needed your defense to step up and win a game. And they didn’t

If I hear one excuse from Franklin….other than we as coaches did not do our job I’m done. No excuse for that type of performance after Clifford went down. We go hurry up on offense and throw our gassed D right back out in the field. We still can’t run the ball for sh!t, we do t let our backup QB throw the ball in blowouts so he might be ready if needed. This one is squarely on the coaches.

A lot depends on Clifford. If he's out, we likely lose 2-3 more. That may happen even if he plays. It's a tight conference this season.

The shame of it all is that a semi composed O that could at least manage a few first downs and not go backwards on multiple series is likely enough to escape with a W

Baby Ferentz beat us on that first down play action TD coming off the punt. We can point to the offense becoming unable to even get a snap off. You can mention the injury. That was the play that ended the game.

You can say we should have brought in a portal QB, but I don't remember one being in the portal who could pick apart this defense.

This is tough, but growable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT