ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa Game Thread

Someone asked CJF on Thursday if he prepared for crowd noise at Kinnick, evidently not.
There was no crowd noise in the first half? To state the obvious, the PSU offensive personnel were different, and although PSU's starters were better than Iowa, the backup was not, at least during this game.

I can’t stand Franklin but going for it was absolutely the right call. We saw how ineffective our Offense was, that was the last chance.
No way going 90 yards, but two first downs was possible from mid field.

Reactions: Grass
He should have prepared a 2nd String QB.... a beyond woeful performance by Roberson.
We always knew we were thin at QB. Bad luck for Clifford to get hurt first half. He gets hurt 2nd half we probably win. He gets hurt earlier in the season, maybe Roberson is prepared.

Reactions: Shadow99
Isn't it really on MY?
LOL...with respect there are 2 scholarship options...Roberson and Veilleux (sp?)...the discussion should rightfully shift to QB recruiting and regardless of opinions about QB2 & QB3 I suspect most agree MY is off to a good start in that respect.

Reactions: dogwood3131
OU benched QB1, QB2 came in and won the game, why aren't we that lucky
Totally different circumstances, their QB2 is better than their QB1 and the coaches know it. Could you see any possible circumstance, other than injury, where the staff would bring in Roberson over Cliff?

Your post makes no sense.

we needed 3 yards, had two players WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field. It would have been a massive confidence boost for Roberson and he may even have led us to a TD.

Most of our other possessions went backwards under him.

If you can’t get 3 yards when you need to, you don’t deserve to win
Well, we would have gotten the ball near midfield twice instead of at our own 8 yard line. I’d rather have 8 plays at midfield instead of 1.

Reactions: Grass
The QB room really is what separates this team from the elite schools. Never more clear than today. I wish we had a Kyle McCord or a Caleb Williams to throw in there instead of Roberson.

There was no crowd noise in the first half? To state the obvious, the PSU offensive personnel were different, and although PSU's starters were better than Iowa, the backup was not, at least during this game.
There were no off-sides when Clifford was in. Everything blew up with Roberson. The only thing he could do was run.

O put D in almost impossible position.

In all fairness, a decent running game should have won this for us. Feel bad for TR since he clearly wasn’t give the the reps.

Reactions: PSUBuddha
That place was like a tomb in the first half. No crowd energy at all. We would not have heard anything in the 2nd half if Clifford were playing.

Baby Ferentz beat us on that first down play action TD coming off the punt. We can point to the offense becoming unable to even get a snap off. You can mention the injury. That was the play that ended the game.

You can say we should have brought in a portal QB, but I don't remember one being in the portal who could pick apart this defense.

This is tough, but growable.
Mention the injury? It was the reason we lost not an oh by the way.

In all fairness, a decent running game should have won this for us. Feel bad for TR since he clearly wasn’t give the the reps.
In some part yes it is hard to get thrown into a big game in a hostile environment. But Roberson has practiced at PSU for 3 years. His passing is atrocious and blaming even Strange is a stretch as his "drops" were balls that only Dotson could make routinely. Roberson's long throws were not in the same zip code as his targeted receiver. The Oklahoma backup QB, younger than Roberson, came in and made some plays. I feel bad for Roberson, but worse for the rest of the team who played well enough to win by 3 TD's.

And if Clifford is out for multiple games I hope that Roberson is on a short leash and that if he doesn't play well CJF goes to Veilleux. This is big boy football and the team needs to find out if the next starting QB is actually on this year's roster.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT