ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa Game Thread

Tale of 2 halves. We figured out a way to botch that game. Some missed tackles, missed catches, bad throws, 1000 penalties, 200 interceptions. .Seemed we had it nearby in the bag. The Iowa punter is a superstar. Oh well.
We did NOT have it in the bag once Clifford went down. Really this result was inevitable. It would have been nice if we didn't give up the long pass in the middle of the 4th but the D played great. I think it was a m.j matter of time for them to punch in the go ahead TD.

Bad Iowa team. But good for them. Roberson will be back, validates what Sean means to the team. Psu will be ok, that defense did all it could. Injuries are part of the game.

Well, we've got a week off to get healed up and take on the East. Perhaps we'll see them in the CCG with a healthy SC.

Baby Ferentz beat us on that first down play action TD coming off the punt. We can point to the offense becoming unable to even get a snap off. You can mention the injury. That was the play that ended the game.

You can say we should have brought in a portal QB, but I don't remember one being in the portal who could pick apart this defense.

This is tough, but growable.
Growable? Yeah, I don't think so. Franklin will have to pick up the pieces after this.

The off-sides can be cleaned up, but I don't see how QB play improves in a week or two. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If I hear one excuse from Franklin….other than we as coaches did not do our job I’m done. No excuse for that type of performance after Clifford went down. We go hurry up on offense and throw our gassed D right back out in the field. We still can’t run the ball for sh!t, we do t let our backup QB throw the ball in blowouts so he might be ready if needed. This one is squarely on the coaches.
The backup QB DID throw the ball, and missed open receivers...it is what it is, despite any misdirected emotion.

If I hear one excuse from Franklin….other than we as coaches did not do our job I’m done. No excuse for that type of performance after Clifford went down. We go hurry up on offense and throw our gassed D right back out in the field. We still can’t run the ball for sh!t, we do t let our backup QB throw the ball in blowouts so he might be ready if needed. This one is squarely on the coaches.
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Reactions: OhioLion
Our bog slow RB room needs to step up
Why is Holmes not playing? He looked good late last year
Cain hits the hole in slow motion

PUNT THE BALL!!!!

4 minutes left…3 TOs…Joe is rolling in his grave.
Can’t stand Franklin but going for it was absolutely the right call. We saw how ineffective our Offense was, that was the last chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 94LionsFan
Baby Ferentz beat us on that first down play action TD coming off the punt. We can point to the offense becoming unable to even get a snap off. You can mention the injury. That was the play that ended the game.

You can say we should have brought in a portal QB, but I don't remember one being in the portal who could pick apart this defense.

This is tough, but growable.
Disagree about availability of portal qb’s

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT