ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Northwestern Game Thread

I'm betting that Barkley will get some passes in the second half. We need to get him the ball IN SPACE and on the move, NOT flat footed and four yards behind the LOS.

Huge first possession. Shut them down and score, huge. Give up points, will be a nail biter.

agree so why would anybody think we are "holding back" a secret playbook for UM and tOSU???? Iowa was a near loss and Indy was not what the score indicated. i cant believe JM is holding any secrets.

It seems that the offense has made no adjustments to teams focusing on stopping Barkley in the run game. I expected maybe keeping a TE or even another lineman in the backfield to help the run game or spreading SB out wide to get him the ball.

Moorhead's lame offense is going to screw SB out of Heisman.
This is why QB's almost always win the Heisman....it's too easy to focus on a RB and take them out of a game. If Trace was a better runner, he'd have 200 yards rushing in games like this.

I'm betting that Barkley will get some passes in the second half. We need to get him the ball IN SPACE and on the move, NOT flat footed and four yards behind the LOS.
I would like to see Barkley used in the three WR bubble screen with Stevens or Sanders in the backfield.

Guessing you forgot Dowrey being benched in favor of a true freshman? And the inside pass rush that blew up countless pass attempts?

Moorhead's current flaw is not adjusting to the defense. It's truly like we are being too cute. I'd rather add two OL than the two backup TEs on a 3rd and 1 run. It's telegraphed as is, get the ball rolling quicker.
He strikes me as a really stubborn person. Just refuses to admit that he needs to change something.

Guessing you forgot Dowrey being benched in favor of a true freshman? And the inside pass rush that blew up countless pass attempts?

Moorhead's current flaw is not adjusting to the defense. It's truly like we are being too cute. I'd rather add two OL than the two backup TEs on a 3rd and 1 run. It's telegraphed as is, get the ball rolling quicker.
It was meant to be sarcasm. The new guys are supposed to better, but results are worse

It seems that the offense has made no adjustments to teams focusing on stopping Barkley in the run game. I expected maybe keeping a TE or even another lineman in the backfield to help the run game or spreading SB out wide to get him the ball.

NW is a spread team and look what they did on short yardage. the QB was under center and handing to RB to get 1st. when NW tried to get fancy on 3rd down runs we took them down.

I just don’t understand u have a rb like Barkley and middle of pack BIG teams can total take him out this easily.
There is something seriously wrong with run game. What in world are these coaches doing.

I agree, but have faith that there will be a halftime adjustment to correct it.

The D is playing great. Gave up some big plays, but managed to thwart and points.

Reactions: step.eng69
The way some people on this board talked about burning shirts last year, i was expecting a Munchak - Farrell - Romano type O- Line. I was duped by posters and so called insiders.

Reactions: FJ47

Everyone says that Saquan is best getting to the edges. But they NEVER attempt to get him there. There are tons of ways to do this but they insist on sticking him into a phone booth instead. Jet sweeps, bubble screens, all of it is missing. They keep running Trace which isn't going anywhere.

Watching the lion (Zack Sowa) dance with the NW mascot in the end zone at the half. Anyone notice that our lion seems very tall.

-477507b291cb4ae0.jpg

And why would we need to ADJUST in game to teams selling out to stop Saquan? If he doesn't know that going in, we have much bigger problems.

Everyone says that Saquan is best getting to the edges. But they NEVER attempt to get him there. There are tons of ways to do this but they insist on sticking him into a phone booth instead. Jet sweeps, bubble screens, all of it is missing. They keep running Trace which isn't going anywhere.

As a Redskin fan, this is my favorite.... They made a living running the counter trey under Joe Gibbs.

counter_trey.jpg

I guess this is why Franklin wants to only focus on one game at a time...otherwise he might start freaking out about OSU and UM

We are two halves away from playing Michigan...the team that charts tendencies as well as Alabama.

Tendencies be damned in two weeks.

Settle down!

McSorley has been excellent today; the Oline is getting no push but mostly it has been unblocked defenders throwing a wrench into the gears.

Reactions: bwifan
Franklin has stated that he doesn't go into the game with a preconceived notion of what the offense will do, that they capitalize on what opposing defenses give them. Which begs the question of why go away from what was working with the passing game? Unless it's McSorley's reads.

Then again, up by two scores and worried about the offense production is a good problem to have (relatively speaking)

John Madden-ish - You can't just put a hat on a a hat, when they got more hats. WTF
We're not even getting hat on hat.. usually 2-3 o line on every play (McGovern, Mahon and sometines Bates) standing 2 yards upfield looking back at Saquon laying on the ground 2 yards behind the line if scrimage

Reactions: psu2016
And why would we need to ADJUST in game to teams selling out to stop Saquan? If he doesn't know that going in, we have much bigger problems.
Just setting up the halfback option from Barkely to salt the game away.:eek:

good call taking the wind in the 3rd with rain on the way....lets salt the game away before the 4th gets here

Sorry, with the weather getting worse as the game goes along, I'd have taken the wind in the 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT