ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Officially Official 2022 Big Ten Tournament Thread

Edsell has a really great path to the 3rd place match. He gets the 9 seed Carlson first and then gets the winner of Ferrante and Clark which are the 11 and 12 seed. Wins there and he likely gets Cam Amine. Winner goes for 3rd. Looks as good as it possibly could be

Fair enough but if I’m coach I remind him he came back to be a National Champ not a Big 10 champ. Then I pull the plug on him if I have to.

Here is how you have to look at it imho... - he is on borrowed time and has a finite number of matches left on the shoulder without significant rest and rehab (and diagnosis), sooo.... every match he wrestles at B1Gs may mean one less match he can wrestle at Nationals. Without rest, there is no way the shoulder is improving and almost certainly getting worse, so he has to be economical at this stage of the season, I would think.

Edsell has a really great path to the 3rd place match. He gets the 9 seed Carlson first and then gets the winner of Ferrante and Clark which are the 11 and 12 seed. Wins there and he likely gets Cam Amine. Winner goes for 3rd. Looks as good as it possibly could be
Yup ... 165 is pretty open after the Big 3 of Hamiti, Marinelli and Kharchla. Need to capitalize and take advantage since Drew's path at 125 won't be easy.

why didnt smith get 2 he had the td???

Actually, don't think he had fully spun around him when Ref blew whistle. There's really no consistency in how Refs call this situation. I've seen many wait to see the result of scramble... then stop the action (i.e., this would have resulted in T2 and choice on restart for Smith), but also have seen where they stop action immediately even where a TD is imminent (i.e., what happened to Smith today). Not sure what the Refing Interpretations Manual recommends.

2022 Big Ten Championships​

Team Standings
Team
Score​
# SF​
# F​
# Consi 1​
# Consi 2​
# Consi
Semi​
# 7th-8th​
Max
Possible​
Michigan
68.5​
8​
227.5​
Penn State
67.5​
7​
3​
231​
Iowa
55​
6​
4​
223​
Nebraska
47.5​
5​
2​
201​
Wisconsin
36.5​
3​
3​
219​
Ohio State
33​
3​
6​
195​
Northwestern
27.5​
2​
5​
195​
Minnesota
21.5​
2​
2​
189.5​
Rutgers
18.5​
1​
3​
210.5​
Michigan State
17​
1​
3​
149​
Purdue
13​
1​
4​
146​
Illinois
12​
1​
166​
Maryland
5.5​
2​
103​
Indiana
4​
3​
141.5​

Micic could end up in 4th place if the loser of Eirmen/Seabass MFF and the Berge/Lewan match looms very big for the team standings.

Last edited:
Did Michigan really get that many bonus points. Maybe they beat Iowa for second
Iowa may very well be out of contention BEFORE the semis start. Thats just wild to me.

125 Inj Shoulder
141 inj knee
149 walking injury
174 inj shoulder
197 head injury
HWT inj ankle

• Wow
Reactions: diggerpup and 1AA
I think Iowa will finish 3rd even if they don’t medical guys out of tourney. I think they will medical at least one, maybe even two (Kem and Jaydin). Hell, don’t forget that Ayala, Murin and now even Cass looks to be hurting. Shame this is all happening for them especially with Spencer already being done. It was all predictable though. I know because I caught enough hell all year for saying the chances of it happening were quite high. Maybe 2 weeks off and miracles will rain down on them. Time will tell..

I’m not very bright, but I like to come back to the board and see the play by play on matches I missed. Did the boats wipe the Bartlett/Gomez match? Can’t find it.
Any help appreciated on finding what page it is on.

Reactions: horraybeer
They have 8 semi finalists. That’s one more than PSU and two more than Iowa. Each semifinalist is worth a minimum of 8 points. (6 pts for 6th place plus two advancement points). I don’t think it’s bonus points that got them where they are, although I’m sure they’ve scored some.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I’m not very bright, but I like to come back to the board and see the play by play on matches I missed. Did the boats wipe the Bartlett/Gomez match? Can’t find it.
There were 3 good matches on at same time and while Beau was taking a beating I couldn’t get myself to watch it all. Sorry, I tried but will tell you I was seeing his opponent put on a TD clinic in between watching the other matches.

I was watching and doing PBP on another mat that had two PSU matches, back to back, at the same time.

Edit: I missed Starocci and most of Kerk vs Lance also due to overlapping matches.

edit: and RBY’s.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT