ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Officially Official 2022 Big Ten Tournament Thread

And this is called HR-ing.

We don't need to actively try to pick out the absolute worst interpretation of matches featuring wrestlers we don't root for.

Guys wrestling with giant shoulder harnesses sometimes experience pain in their shoulder while wrestling. Shocking...I know.
They did the same thing during the dual though, a phantom brick for locked hands to get him a break.

They have 8 semi finalists. That’s one more than PSU and two more than Iowa. Each semifinalist is worth a minimum of 8 points. (6 pts for 6th place plus two advancement points). I don’t think it’s bonus points that got them where they are, although I’m sure they’ve scored some.
Michigan has 3.5 bonus points.

Reactions: mcpat
Iowa may very well be out of contention BEFORE the semis start. Thats just wild to me.

125 Inj Shoulder
141 inj knee
149 walking injury
174 inj shoulder
197 head injury
HWT inj ankle
Warner felt that body blow from 1000 miles away

He'll wrestle. He's a warrior and that's what warriors due. Even if it hurts......and I think he's hurting bad

So are you saying Kemerer wasn't a warrior when he was at 157? It wouldn't be the first time Kemerer would MF out of Big Tens. And I certainly wouldn't blame him considering who's next up.

Reactions: psudotedu
He sure was. That takedown he avoided with that fake injury would have cost him the match.
I re-watched the sequence. The official stoppage was clearly the correct call in my opinion. At the time Kemerer yelled out in pain he was in on a nice double. He was definitely in no danger of being scored on when he yelled out. Here is the applicable section from the Rulebook: Art. 14. Injury Timeout — Imminent Scoring. If there was imminent scoring when an injury timeout was called, the referee shall charge an injury timeout to the injured competitor and award the applicable points.

They have 8 semi finalists. That’s one more than PSU and two more than Iowa. Each semifinalist is worth a minimum of 8 points. (6 pts for 6th place plus two advancement points). I don’t think it’s bonus points that got them where they are, although I’m sure they’ve scored some.
I'm basing my assumption off of the amount of bonus we scored and they are above us. Not sure if one placement on semis more than us makes up the difference in bonus points

It might be supper typing...but I think we can put 7 through to the finals.

I'm basing my assumption off of the amount of bonus we scored and they are above us. Not sure if one placement on semis more than us makes up the difference in bonus points
We got falls from Kerk, CStar and Brooks. That’s 6 points. We got a TF from Lee. 7.5 points. Majors from RBY and Berge. 9.5 points. Am I missing any others? 8 points for an extra semi finalist (compared to us) is a lot right now, but it won’t be after tonight. :)

Reactions: diggerpup
They have one additional (8 points) than we do and 2 consci wrestlers picked up one additional point (1/2 each) and 3.5 bonus points. Yet the difference is the 1 point from conscis. We must have score a decent number of bonus points.

We got falls from Kerk, CStar and Brooks. That’s 6 points. We got a TF from Lee. 7.5 points. Majors from RBY and Berge. 9.5 points. Am I missing any others? 8 points for an extra semi finalist (compared to us) is a lot right now, but it won’t be after tonight. :)
Winning a quarter final match gets 7 points plus any bonus so they should be further ahead but they have only scored 4.5 bonus points compared to 9.5 for us.

The bullshit questioning whether Kemerer had a true injury moment is beyond stupid and extremely childish. I get this is an anonymous public message board and people will be dicks simply because their level of stupidity and childish emotional development allows them to see themselves as humorous. It isn't humorous, it's just dickish and a bad look on our board.

Just saying.

Last edited:
All of a sudden my subscription isn't good for mat 1. It's good for all the other ones though...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT