ADVERTISEMENT

OK State news, discussions, etc - 2024-25

backdrft76

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
Here is the projected line up from a knowledgeable OK ST fan Howie_Fartz over on 34:

"A couple months back I put together a line up that excluded JW. Unfortunately that is now for sure the case. From what I've heard and from the OPC's its pretty easy to put together a complete line up.

125- Spratley- how can you not be high on this kid?

133- Hughes - at least eventually and if he wants to start. Early we could see Reece or maybe JJ a couple matches.

141- Jamison- I absolutely think he'd be better at 49 but Carter is heavier. I think with the new staff closely monitoring his diet (the last staff did not) he can hopefully maintain much better. I think possibly sitting him here and there through out the season could help as well. If Carter somehow drops some more weight or craps the bed at 49 we might see them flip spots or Tagen just sliding into 49. I think Tagen scores more points at NCAAs at 49 and thats really what its all about.

149- Young- great kid, I've always been a fan. He's a LOT bigger and stronger now and has added some funk to his wrestling. Would love to see him put together a full productive year, healthy and strong.

157- Travis or Fish- When Fish arrived Travis was beating him but the gap has closed some. Fish has a RS and Travis does not. Best guy goes imo.

165- Amine- excited to see the DT factor at work in this guy. Not much available in the way of backups so staying healthy is big here.

174-Hamiti- this guy has always been fun to watch and now we get to watch him in Orange! His funky style combined w/ DT raising his technique, less of a weight cut and stud workout partners and we should see pure entertainment at this weight. Not to much in the way of backups here either. Worst case scenario of a season ending injury maybe they pull BTs shirt? I hope not but hearing BT is making great strides and I love it. Lord knows I've been hard on the guy lol.

184- Plott- hard to believe this will be his last year! Last season he made a huge jumps going up a weight. Now we get to see the DT factor w/ Dustin, maybe more than any other Cowboy. I'd look for Robb to fill in here and there if Dustin needs a rest. Hearing great things about Jersey, works hard and lives right!

197- Surber- please, please, PAH-LEEZE let Luke stay healthy this year! Always been a fan of Luke. Always ready to visit with you and the guy works his tail off. Excited to see the DT factor in him as well and would love for Luke to end his career on the podium where he belongs! Look for Haas or Robb to fill in if Luke needs a break. According to all reports Merrill is everything he was/is billed to be and I think he remains in RS no matter what. The future is bright at 197 for the Pokes.

285-Hendrickson- What a tremendous get for the Cowboys in the offseason. The previous staff did a tremendous job opening the doors for all these transfers. With DT working with Wyatt I think the chances for a title are sky high!

Stacked line up for the Pokes and it should be a crazy fun year."

Here is the projected line up from a knowledgeable OK ST fan Howie_Fartz over on 34:

"A couple months back I put together a line up that excluded JW. Unfortunately that is now for sure the case. From what I've heard and from the OPC's its pretty easy to put together a complete line up.

133- Hughes - at least eventually and if he wants to start. Early we could see Reece or maybe JJ a couple matches.

141- Jamison- I absolutely think he'd be better at 49 but Carter is heavier. I think with the new staff closely monitoring his diet (the last staff did not) he can hopefully maintain much better. I think possibly sitting him here and there through out the season could help as well. If Carter somehow drops some more weight or craps the bed at 49 we might see them flip spots or Tagen just sliding into 49. I think Tagen scores more points at NCAAs at 49 and thats really what its all about.

149- Young- great kid, I've always been a fan. He's a LOT bigger and stronger now and has added some funk to his wrestling. Would love to see him put together a full productive year, healthy and strong.

157- Travis or Fish- When Fish arrived Travis was beating him but the gap has closed some. Fish has a RS and Travis does not. Best guy goes imo.

165- Amine- excited to see the DT factor at work in this guy. Not much available in the way of backups so staying healthy is big here.

174-Hamiti- this guy has always been fun to watch and now we get to watch him in Orange! His funky style combined w/ DT raising his technique, less of a weight cut and stud workout partners and we should see pure entertainment at this weight. Not to much in the way of backups here either. Worst case scenario of a season ending injury maybe they pull BTs shirt? I hope not but hearing BT is making great strides and I love it. Lord knows I've been hard on the guy lol.

184- Plott- hard to believe this will be his last year! Last season he made a huge jumps going up a weight. Now we get to see the DT factor w/ Dustin, maybe more than any other Cowboy. I'd look for Robb to fill in here and there if Dustin needs a rest. Hearing great things about Jersey, works hard and lives right!

197- Surber- please, please, PAH-LEEZE let Luke stay healthy this year! Always been a fan of Luke. Always ready to visit with you and the guy works his tail off. Excited to see the DT factor in him as well and would love for Luke to end his career on the podium where he belongs! Look for Haas or Robb to fill in if Luke needs a break. According to all reports Merrill is everything he was/is billed to be and I think he remains in RS no matter what. The future is bright at 197 for the Pokes.

285-Hendrickson- What a tremendous get for the Cowboys in the offseason. The previous staff did a tremendous job opening the doors for all these transfers. With DT working with Wyatt I think the chances for a title are sky high!

Please tell us you made this up!

I know Iowa is favored for 2nd, but it would be a real feather in DT's cap if he could somehow coach up his team to take second.
The OK St - Iowa dual should be fun:

125: Spratley MD whoever 4-0
133: Ayala d Hughes 4-3
141: Jamison d Block 7-3
149: Parco d Young 7-6
157: Teemer d Travis 7-9
165: Caliendo d Amine 7-12
174: Hamiti d Arnold 10-12
184: Plott d Brands 13-12
197: Buchanan MD Surber 13-16
HWT: Hendrickson Pin Kueter 19-16

The OK St - Iowa dual should be fun:

125: Spratley MD whoever 4-0
133: Ayala d Hughes 4-3
141: Jamison d Block 7-3
149: Parco d Young 7-6
157: Teemer d Travis 7-9
165: Caliendo d Amine 7-12
174: Hamiti d Arnold 10-12
184: Plott d Brands 13-12
197: Buchanan MD Surber 13-16
HWT: Hendrickson Pin Kueter 19-16
Kueter pinned?

sorry but not many can do what DT does say what you will we better wait and see!

Hendrickson pins everyone, at least in duals.
Except for the many guys he didn't.

He does get a lot of bonus. But in terms of pins, his reputation is 2023 NCAAs (Cass + Davison) and a bunch of stiffs. After those 2, none of his career pin victims have ever placed in their careers, and none has ever been seeded higher than 15.

Except for the many guys he didn't.

He does get a lot of bonus. But in terms of pins, his reputation is 2023 NCAAs (Cass + Davison) and a bunch of stiffs. His next best pin victim in the past 2 years was Binghamton's Cory Day.
Well, pretty much all he wrestled was a bunch of stiffs besides the guys he bonused and pinned.

He also majored Elam twice (with backpoints), beat him 8-1 another time, majored Feldman.

He's pinned Crosby and Greiss as well at NCAAs which is basically the same as Day. So he's basically pinning everyone that is not top 10 and he's pinned half the top 10 guys he's faced (with the exception of the guys he lost to - Kerk and Davison).

Bonus points are a good call for Hendrickson. And he also could lose.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Well, pretty much all he wrestled was a bunch of stiffs besides the guys he bonused and pinned.

He also majored Elam twice (with backpoints), beat him 8-1 another time, majored Feldman.

He's pinned Crosby and Greiss as well at NCAAs which is basically the same as Day. So he's basically pinning everyone that is not top 10 and he's pinned half the top 10 guys he's faced (with the exception of the guys he lost to - Kerk and Davison).

Bonus points are a good call for Hendrickson. And he also could lose.
Agreed -- he's a very capable scorer. He's just not some magical pinning machine who sticks everyone in sight.

(2) Hendrickson (AF) over (6) Davison (NW) Fall 3:56
(2) Hendrickson (AF) over (4) Cassioppi (IOWA) Fall 4:16
I don’t know how far back we’re supposed to go on this, but if we stick to last season, then I count 18 falls for him. Two were over guys that made nationals. (Neither placed or made the BR.). So I’m cool saying the competition he’s faced racking up a lot of falls has been less than B1G (and Keuter) quality, notwithstanding a couple of very high quality falls at NCAAs two seasons ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: vhsalum
Since this thread is about Ok State news, I’m going to paste something that I posted on the 34 and Counting web page a few weeks ago. This is primarily for the older guys who post here.
##################################

Unfortunately, I have some very sad news to report. Darrell Keller passed away at the end of last year. You older guys will remember Darrell and his twin brother Dwayne who both won two national championship titles while at OSU in the late 60's and early 70's. Darrell's finals match with Larry Owings in 1971 is still a classic, and his win earned him the OW award that year.

Darrell was originally from WA, but he had been living in the Phoenix area for the last 20+ years. His wife, Tami, passed away from a brain tumor in 2017 and he has a surviving daughter, Sundi and a son, Chad. Along with that, there are several grandchildren including 3 girls who are triplets who come from his daughter.

Unless you knew him personally, most of you would just associate him with wrestling, but there was a lot more to Darrell than just his athletic skills. He was one of the most decent people I have ever met and the same goes for the rest of his family. I was very saddened to hear about his passing, and I thought it would be appropriate to share this news with all of you on this forum.

God Bless!

Since this thread is about Ok State news, I’m going to paste something that I posted on the 34 and Counting web page a few weeks ago. This is primarily for the older guys who post here.
##################################

Unfortunately, I have some very sad news to report. Darrell Keller passed away at the end of last year. You older guys will remember Darrell and his twin brother Dwayne who both won two national championship titles while at OSU in the late 60's and early 70's. Darrell's finals match with Larry Owings in 1971 is still a classic, and his win earned him the OW award that year.

Darrell was originally from WA, but he had been living in the Phoenix area for the last 20+ years. His wife, Tami, passed away from a brain tumor in 2017 and he has a surviving daughter, Sundi and a son, Chad. Along with that, there are several grandchildren including 3 girls who are triplets who come from his daughter.

Unless you knew him personally, most of you would just associate him with wrestling, but there was a lot more to Darrell than just his athletic skills. He was one of the most decent people I have ever met and the same goes for the rest of his family. I was very saddened to hear about his passing, and I thought it would be appropriate to share this news with all of you on this forum.

God Bless!
Nice tribute to your friend. Sorry for your loss.

Eh. Yawn.

David Taylor if he was hired as Iowa's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Iowa State's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Penn State's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Ohio State's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Clarion's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Pitt-Johnstown's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Wartburg's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."

Eh. Yawn.

David Taylor if he was hired as Iowa's coach: "I am only doing this because I need the money."
David Taylor if he was hired as Iowa State's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Penn State's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Ohio State's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Clarion's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Pitt-Johnstown's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
David Taylor if he was hired as Wartburg's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
FIFY

Eh. Yawn.

David Taylor if he was hired as Iowa's coach: "I was put on this earth to do this."
what you want him to say that he hates OK ST??

what you want him to say that he hates OK ST??
I don't care what he says about Ok State. But I am also not making a big deal of it because he threw out some coach speak that he would have spit out no matter where he was hired. It was a nothing burger worthy of a yawn and not worthy of even the little bit of attention it drew here,

I don't care what he says about Ok State. But I am also not making a big deal of it because he threw out some coach speak that he would have spit out no matter where he was hired. It was a nothing burger worthy of a yawn and not worthy of even the little bit of attention it drew here,
dont most coached do coach speak its for the donors!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT