Beau with a half shot, nothing
Circling in center, keeping distance between them
Passivity called Beau
Beau half shot, nothing
2-min left
Mckenna with a headlock over the top, pushing Beau back, restart
Circling & faking, McKenna ties him up & Beau goes on the clock for passivity
Circling in the center, but no shots by Beau, point McKenna 1-0
McKenna shoots, gets the leg & pushes Beau out for another point (step out) 2-0, restart
Tying up in the center as time expires
2-0 McKenna

P2:
Back at it, circling, Beau tying up the head, pushing forward, but just leaning on McKenna.
McKenna circles back in, nothing, passivity called on McKenna
Beau shoots, gets the leg, McKenna shin whizzer, scrambling, Bartlett rolls McKenna 2-2, still working for a TD, and takes McKenna to his back. Beau has him flat. Where the call? Ref is slow. That looked like a pin, but only a TD or Turn (2 points), 2-2, Bartlett advantage
Challenge Bartlett
Challenge lost, point McKenna 3-2
Back to center, circling, Beau looking for a way to score, nothing
Beau jumps behind for a TD at the buzzer 4-3
McKenna challenging
Challenge won, no TD for Beau, Wow.

65kg Joey McKenna DEC Beau Bartlett 3-2
Bartlett got robbed

86kg Connor Mirasola vs. Max Dean

P1:
Tying up in the center, Dean trying an underhook, nothing
Both guys being aggressive fighting for position
Connor is a big kid; looks bigger than Max to me
Passivity called on Mirasola
Mirasola on the clock
Dean snap & go behind for the TD 2-0
Dean with a gut & turn 4-0
Passivity point for Dean 5-0
Back to neutral
1-min left
Not much more than pushing & fighting for control
Dean pushes Mirasola to the edge & gets a step out, 6-0
Period Ends
6-0 Dean

Max Askren in Mirasola's corner
P2:
Circling in the center & hand fighting
Mirasola shoots, but Dean fights him off
Mirasola with a deep shot for a TD 6-2
2-min left, back to neutral
Mirasola with an ankle pick, Dean gets around Mirasola for the TD 8-2
Dean with a roll 10-2
Dean with another roll 12-2

86kg Max Dean TECH Connor Mirasola 12-2

Reactions: danoftw
I just feel like you can't punish a wrestler and take points away from him just for losing a challenge. To me that feels like you are putting matches in the hands of everyone except the wrestlers.

• Love
Reactions: Hotshoe
Recent Results:
57kg- Zane Richards DEC Luke Lilledahl 5-3
57kg- Thomas Gilman DEC Jax Forrest 5-4

57kg Con- M.Blaze DEC N.Megaludis 2-2
57kg Con- L.Lilledahl DEC L.Cronin 2-2
65kg Con- Joey McKenna DEC Beau Bartlett 3-2
74kg Con- A.Marinelli DEC L.Haines 11-7
74kg Con- L.Lockett Over V.Josepf (FF)
74kg Con- T.Berger DEC A.Facundo 5-5
86kg Con- E.Wick Over C.Starocci (INJ-DEF)
86kg Con- M.Hall Over P.Downey (FF)
86kg Con- Max Dean TECH Connor Mirasola 12-2

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
Serious question- how can you take the opponent down and nearly pin him and only score 2?
Who knows? This probably goes all the way back to the Greeks, The Trojans probably challenged them to a dual meet and Agamemnon got pissed off that Achilles and his Mermidens kept winning so they changed the rules 😂

Reactions: GOLDBANGER and Ski
Serious question- how can you take the opponent down and nearly pin him and only score 2?
My biggest gripe (of many with freestyle), you can hold a guy on his back for 45 seconds and only get 2 points. Pins are hard.

You can put a guy in a lace after a simple takedown and end the match in 20 seconds. Sitting exposures are simply not the same level of domination compared to a chest to chest on his back.

(1) There should be a provision for a near Fall count, and (2) I think a 6 point maximum is needed on any one sequence. Ending a match with only one good lace and a crocodile roll simply sucks.

Attempt at a serious answer:

Generally, in a single move from the ground, you can't get the exposure *and* the takedown. Going from feet to back, +4. Takedown, then a turn, 2+2. But Bartlett started with an exposure that turned into the takedown, so that was only ever +2

Next, holding him over the shoulder (folkstyle NF criteria) doesn't tick up any more points, you have to return them to a defensible position then expose the back again.

For the fall, it was hard to see the other shoulder, but ref was there and didn't call it. I thought he had it, but I'm biased, and freestyle refs are normally pretty quick with it.

Challenge was a big mistake.

Reactions: goldenanimal
Agreed. If you can gut wrench and leg lace someone non-stop, I don't understand why Bartlett did not get two more after he took McKenna over a second time with the half. It was however a mistake to challenge the call since Bartlett led 2-2 with only 45 seconds left. That said, it should have been a pin, McKenna was flat several times. FS can be confusing. Even my wife who knows nothing about wrestling was confused about the outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT