ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State cruises the country roads to a 34-12 win over West Virginia

My pet peeve is that we rush the QB too often. No sacks in the first half but I recall hitting Green's arm on one pass.

Is it just me or does it seem like Carter isn't having as much impact so far at DE?
Tought to bitch about a 20-6 lead in Morgantown with 3 of the 6 WVU points scored by their officials, but 49 yards rushing against WVU in the first half won't translate well to the B10....

Last edited:
Carter has given up contain twice. His rush has been fine. Greene is mobile and not holding the ball long. For his 1st game at DE vs a '25 1st rd draft choice, he's doing fine.
I remember a game where we were dominating Michigan in the first half because of our pass rush. They made halftime adjustments and went to quick release passes. We kept blitzing to no avail and were lucky to hang on for the win.

Purdue’s Hudson Card 24 of 25, 4td and 273 yards passing

Would like to see a little more success from the running game.

No argument there. But the O at least looks functional and improved from last year's edition. We found some long-lost explosiveness.

Let's see if success throwing the ball might loosen things up a bit for the running game.

Reactions: paddoce
I hope we see a more imaginative and successful running game in the second half. I've been hoping for more imagination running the ball for years.

I think they are giving Coach K props too early. Remember Allar passed for 325 vs WVa last year before fading.

I was just thinking the same. Wallace is having a fantastic game, will he fade through the season.

This delay could take a while based on radar
Bummer but gives the defense much needed test. Hopefully they can get some great review of WVU plays from 1st half and make adjustments. Allen needs to hammer home tackling low and wrapping up. Also need to emphasize outside contain against the run. DL & LBs got stuck in traffic too many times.

Tought to bitch about a 20-6 lead in Morgantown withe 6 of WVU's points scored by their officials, but 49 yards rushing against WVU in the first half won't translate well to the B10....
The first half could have easily gone the other way.
  • WVa fumble after taking over deep in our territory.
  • Pribula run could have been called a fumble.
  • Allar sideline pass could have been a pick 6.
  • Evans could have been called for pushing off.

I was just thinking the same. Wallace is having a fantastic game, will he fade through the season.
Agree. Let's see this during B1G play. That said, Allar definitely seems more vocal and more at ease than last year.

Apologies for the lack of udpates live today. Internet here has been shaky to say the least, at least on my end.
Temerie Robison was down after the last kickoff. Did he walk off? Could you tell what the injury was?

He is a big talent that should get serious playing time this year.

Stupid announcers never said a word.

So, if every single thing possible went against us then...it might be a battle?
We can also look at the multiple bounces and calls that went WVU's way or it could be even a larger margin

• Haha
Reactions: Nostraduzzi
Carter struggling @ DE. Needs to calm down and quit rushing himself past the play.
That's true, but those are "pressures" and they make the QB make early decisions. I have no doubt that Carter will have his share of splash sacks this season.

Temerie Robison was down after the last kickoff. Did he walk off? Could you tell what the injury was?

He is a big talent that should get serious playing time this year.

Stupid announcers never said a word.
They walked him off the field after he came out of the tent. The announcers made a comment that made it seem like they didn’t expect him to be back the rest of the day.

That's a lot of "could haves".

I hope we see a more imaginative and successful running game in the second half. I've been hoping for more imagination running the ball for years.
Dude, come on. Running the ball is about kicking ass not “imagination”. We have arguably the most “imaginative” OC in college football and we still bitch.

They walked him off the field after he came out of the tent. The announcers made a comment that made it seem like they didn’t expect him to be back the rest of the day.
I think you're referring to the RB from WVU. He's asking about Robinson.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
what happened to the game on Fox cannel 5? I have Maryland and UConn which is also on FS1? I lost the game on channel 5....

JF even alluded to it with the subtext of his halftime comments about needing to sustain drives better...aka our running game needs to be better. I just don't get what happened after 2022 when Nick and Kaytron looked quicker and more dynamic. Both are heavy legged and lack the spark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT