ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State cruises the country roads to a 34-12 win over West Virginia

Not true, he clearly grabbed the collar opening and pulled him back to slow him down before he jumped on his back - that is a Personal Foul, it is illegal to do that.

It is not.

You have to grab and pull toward the ground. He grabbed and pulled back to slow him down, then "jumped on his back."

And that is perfectly legal.

Don't know if college rules are the same but the NFL rule is:

"It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground."
He didn't pull the guy toward the ground though. It's not a question of whether he pulled him completely to the ground or not, because he didn't pull him toward the ground at all.

Somehow Joel Klatt found that contact way worse than the one they picked up against WVU - huh???????

And replay showed that wasn't PI. Kimber has a right to go for the catch as much as the WVU WR. Did he tug his jersey?

Great to see Vilbert beat his man to the QB.

There's a Cam Wallace sighting....

Backups in including Rucci, Cousins, Rulli, ......WR Johnson, Ivey, Flowers.

Then Lane in on D.

Washington had played, but he showed strong hands with that INT.

Last edited:
Here’s the part where our backups get playing time and WVU coaches and fans cry because the backups actually try to play football with the playing time they are getting.

He didn't pull the guy toward the ground though. It's not a question of whether he pulled him completely to the ground or not, because he didn't pull him toward the ground at all.

It doesn't matter - you aren't allowed to pull on the back collar of jersey at all to assist your tackle. He reached out from behind and pulled directly backwards using back of collar opening to allow himself to catch up and jump on NS's back - that is illegal and specifically a 15 yard PF.

Did his knees buckle as the rule says? His knees buckling would cause him to slow down, no? Doesn't matter now that we will see no replay.

Remind me.
What were the talking heads score predictions for this game?
How much did they get paid to make those errors?

I'll be honest with you, it was as strange as anything I've ever seen. I understand they are paid to hype a game, but this was absurd.

The WVU fans I know were calm all week. No outrageous predictions. It seems this was purely hype for entertainment purposes.

I'll be honest with you, it was as strange as anything I've ever seen. I understand they are paid to hype a game, but this was absurd.

The WVU fans I know were calm all week. No outrageous predictions. It seems this was purely hype for entertainment purposes.
Yep, and then they fled town during the rain delay.

Reactions: lazydave841

Yupp...and it drove down the line and lots of people fell for it. On paper this was never going to be close.

WVU may do better now without Greene lol

• Haha
He’s now missed every fg he’s attempted in the last two WVU games; that was just an awful miss. He was replaced in the middle of the WVU game last season.
Did he win the job over someone? Who's his competition?

Especially, considering that PSU is 33-2 in their last 35 games against WVU dating back to 1959 (now 34-2).

Franklin post game comment: We unnecessarily burned a few time outs which is something we never do.

• Haha
Reactions: Vic Vaselino
Fleming has played. Just no targets
They need to target Fleming
And replay showed that wasn't PI. Kimber has a right to go for the catch as much as the WVU WR. Did he tug his jersey?

Great to see Vilbert beat his man to the QB.

There's a Cam Wallace sighting....

Backups in including Rucci, Cousins, Rulli, ......WR Johnson, Ivey, Flowers.

Then Lane in on D.

Washington had played, but he showed strong hands with that INT.
Kimber wrapped up the WRs arm.

It doesn't matter - you aren't allowed to pull on the back collar of jersey at all to assist your tackle. He reached out from behind and pulled directly backwards using back of collar opening to allow himself to catch up and jump on NS's back - that is illegal and specifically a 15 yard PF.
That is false. It is the pulling down that is illegal. It’s right there in the rules.

Some of you guys need to get a grip. PSU rather easily dispatched a better than average P4 team on the road. This was a big game for WVU, they cancelled classes yesterday. Much more good than bad. D was playing fast and nasty. Several explosive plays on offense. Quality win.
lol at "much better than average P4" dying at that one

Great win! Lots of candidates for players of the game. I’d go with Tre Wallace on offense and Jaylin Reed on defense.

Reactions: bdgan
Yupp...and it drove down the line and lots of people fell for it. On paper this was never going to be close.

WVU may do better now without Greene lol

Exactly. We aren't A&M. We don't have a history of wasting top rated recruiting classses. Whether we can beat OSU is irrelevant in the other 11 games we play.

I like how things looked today. Enough good for optimism. Enough bad for us to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT