ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State defeats USC 33-30 in overtime!

This D doesn’t have any killer instinct. You need a big stop late to get back in the game and they give up a 7 play 50 yard drive for a FG at the half.

Abdul and the rush ends have been absolutely silent. What a shock.
They've been silent all year. Carter has 3 sacks. 1 vs Kent State and 2 late vs ILL when they were behind and had to pass.

But instead of sealing the edge we keep going for the sack/strip. USC knows it and they're taking advantage.

Last edited:
The biggest issue with the defense is they're not creating turnovers or negative plays--we'll see how we adapt but they were overly aggressive in the first half that hurt them

Penn State once again stops USC on third down. Trojans make the 47-yard field goal, its now 20-6 USC with 7 seconds left. Penn State will likely kneel it out to end the half but will get ball coming out of halftime. A drive that could decide their fate.
Nope, no taking a knee. We run Singleton up the middle with one second left deep in our territory where the only scoring chance was for him to fumble and the defense to take it in for the score. I don't understand. Just take the knee there. Nothing good was going to come from that play.

Pregame said their DBswere average and they felt the matchup was in our favor. Clearly our guys are below average. No surprise really.
Things I read said they were strong.

Even above average = All American vs our receivers

Tallest midget? The lack of options other than 44 is allowing USC to dictate play

This is still winnable but not if we cannot go downfield (or at least threaten to).

Unfortunately this is what we've learned to expect in Big Games...

Reactions: psu00 and Ski
At this point, the game is USC's to lose. PSU needs a lot to get back in this game. I hope the players are more confident than I am.

First half stats-

Rushing
Penn State - 17 rushes, 71 yards
USC- 11 rushes, 147 yards

Passing-
Penn State- 13/19 for 133 yards
USC- 10/14 for 101 yards.

Total yards-
Penn State- 204 yds
USC- 248 yds

Time of possession-
Penn State - 17:49
USC- 12:11

Turnovers
Penn State- 1
USC- 0

First downs-
Penn State- 12
USC- 8

3rd down conversion
Penn State- 3/8
USC- 0/4

Wisky, Washington, Ohio State, Minny are not easy games. This team seems to drop one that it shouldn't along the way. OSU is a loss.
When is the last time we lost a game we shouldn't?
Illinois in 01
Today might be one but, while we're not beating OSU, today doesn't worry me about the other 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT