ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Rutgers Match Thread

Rivera didnt wrestle last weekend. Injury or not, RBY merits #3 until Rivera beats him which I would not bet on.

No, that's fair, as Rivera does have a non-InjDef loss on his record, and Gross's and DeSanto's only losses are to one another. But I think Rivera was the best 133 in the country prior to his injury. Based on what we've seen on the mat thus far this season, I have RBY behind those 3 in terms of what I would predict for match outcomes.

Reactions: Wilco43
No, that's fair, as Rivera does have a non-InjDef loss on his record, and Gross's and DeSanto's only losses are to one another. But I think Rivera was the best 133 in the country prior to his injury. Based on what we've seen on the mat thus far this season, I have RBY behind those 3 in terms of what I would predict for match outcomes.

That's a fair analysis. Good talk Slush.

Reactions: slushhead
I would say DeSanto would have trouble scoring on Alvarez as well.
You’re probably right. I mean Tyler Warner from Pitt-Johnstown beat Alvarez 9-4, Nick Farro from Lehigh beat him 8-7, Chance Rich from Bakersfield pinned him and Garrett Pepple from Indiana beat him 6-2. All those guys are known to have more offense than DeSanto.

133... just another “low scoring paint dry type of match “ for matter :) .. good effort by both wrestlers

Over 15 minutes of wrestling this weekend and he didn't come within a mile of initiating a serious takedown attempt. Great defense but zero offense.

Reactions: danoftw
You’re probably right. I mean Tyler Warner from Pitt-Johnstown beat Alvarez 9-4, Nick Farro from Lehigh beat him 8-7, Chance Rich from Bakersfield pinned him and Garrett Pepple from Indiana beat him 6-2. All those guys are known to have more offense than DeSanto.

I wonder if Alvarez would ride DeSanto like a rented mule as Lovett did. RBY got out quickly OTOH.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Is anyone else’s ESPN broadcast glitching like mine? I’m on FIOS. Both video and sound

Rookies get better throughout their first season. You should know that by how Assad is wrestling now compared to the way he was when he took losses to nobody's early in the year. You should also know that from seeing Alvirez losing to Pepple early then beating him next time around.

11-3 Penn State

125- dec Rutgers
133- RBY OT win
141- Nick Lee Tech fall
149- Verk 7-3 also did a nice super duck
157- pipher 0-0 after 2 periods. Chose down. Just had a scramble no back points for Rutgers.
0-0 30 seconds left RT no longer factor
Thanks!

That ref is terrible, has no business ref'ing D1 matches. Seemed to always be in the center of controversy when ref'ing at Nationals last year as well.

Glad to see the younger Van Brill is as much of a tool as big bro.

Reactions: Fatmarc and Grass
I don't like to complain about stalling, but jeezum crow . . . outside the one merkle, that was just a whole lot of hanging on.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Rutgers literally stalled for 2:30 seconds. Didn’t attempt a single return to mat nor a move to turn or better his position. And not once did he get even warned let alone given a stall.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT