ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Rutgers Match Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up a little early. Please use it for pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussions. If replying to another post, please use the Quote function.

I'm iffy (probably out) for play-by-play. Hopefully, one or more of you will step up to provide some coverage. A gentle reminder that some folks will be unable to access the match on TV, or the audio PBP on an electronic device, and as such will be following the match via this thread. For those people, posts like "wow," or "what a move," are not all that helpful. Please provide some context. If you step up to do play-by-play, please provide a score for each match, and a team score after each match.

When:
5 pm EST

Where:
Rec Hall

Who:
Rutgers

TV:
ESPN2

Video Streaming:
I believe you can access it via watchespn.com

Audio Streaming:
Byers' radio play-by-play can be accessed for free. The pre-match portion of the show will start at 4:40 pm EST, and the match should start at 5 pm EST. You can access the audio stream at:

https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Live=627&type=Live

We Are!

I'm in a gym for the next two hours that has no wifi and thick steel roof that does not allow me use of my phone.

Even though I have the match DVR'd I expect a lot of news, notes and commentary to walk out to.

I'm ok with
- wow
- spoilers
- funny things that nobody gets
- lion Ws
- RU beatdown s

#EATITTURK
#WEARE

I'm in a gym for the next two hours that has no wifi and thick steel roof that does not allow me use of my phone.

Even though I have the match DVR'd I expect a lot of news, notes and commentary to walk out to.

I'm ok with
- wow
- spoilers
- lion Ws
- RU beatdown s

#EATITTURK
#WEARE
Can we talk about NFL scores?

I'm ok with
- wow
- spoilers
- lion Ws
- RU beatdown s

#EATITTURK
#WEARE
Dunk,I bet u r at a gymnastics meet ???? Spent many a weekend while my twins participated. Actually; kind of miss it. Brutal sport on all who participate.

Reactions: nitlion6
Ironhead's pre-match show started a few minutes late on GoPSUsports.com, but it's running now

what the freak is with womens basketball before wrestling, last i looked it was tied!!!!!! my freaking head is going to explode!!! if I missthe begining on the match because of basketball!!!!!!

PSUCup nailed it - BBall game going way faster with game close. No one is doing the Rollie Massimino foul fest. Fingers crossed.

There’s always the damnable high number of time outs, however

Reactions: Thenightking
PSUCup nailed it - BBall game going way faster with game close. No one is doing the Rollie Massimino foul fest. Fingers crossed.

There’s always the damnable high number of time outs, however

Yeah, but the closer the score, the higher the odds of OT. Which is a killer.

Reactions: Dogwelder
If only livestreaming wasnt a thing they would move the start to an alternate channel.

I come in peace.
Sitting here in below zero WC and watching PSU / Rutgers.
Might do a match or two of PBP. Feel free to ignore as you wish.
Acurracy isn't actually my thing, ie if I don't know what happened, I might might it up. But I'll get the score right.

2nd period
5-3 Aguliar leads
Agulair with some funk, rolls through to RV
Now riding tough
1 min. with about 25 RT
Pressuring fwd and Meredith stnading with 33 seconds.
Gets out for a nanosecond and Ag grabs a leg and returns.
Still riding
Flat
End of 2
7-3 Ag.

125:

Per 1
Meredith with an TD and an esc. Aguilar with 2 TDs and an esc, making it 3-5

Per 2
Aguilar takes bottom. Gets a reverse, 3-7. OOB with 1:12 left. Aguilar with a hideout after the rev. RT @ 1:27 for Aguilar

Per 3
Blood time. Not sure on who. Meredith had blood on his uni. Meredith takes bottom. He's too his feet, can't get out, back to his feet, and out in 20+ sec, 4-7. RT @ 1:50 for Aguilar. Aguilar in deep on a double, they scramble, nice job by Meredith to avoid it. Aguilar with an ankle to a single and gets the TD, 4-9. With 2:24 in RT, it's a 4-10 win by Aguilar

3-0, Rutgers

3rd
Meredith down.
He's building a base and Ag is on a leg.
Squirms free
Esc
4-7 Meredith
RT is -1:50
Long shot by Ag and Meredith drapes and then funks
Nothing
Ag. is quick
Meredith almost does the spining TD thing but nothg.
Ag goes around behind and TD
10-4 winner
Sorry missed the end, wife is leaving and had to tell me something. Then she kissed me, so something is up, more to come on that.

125:

Per 1
Meredith with an TD and an esc. Aguilar with 2 TDs and an esc, making it 3-5

Per 2
Aguilar takes bottom. Gets a reverse, 3-7. OOB with 1:12 left. Aguilar with a hideout after the rev. RT @ 1:27 for Aguilar

Per 3
Blood time. Not sure on who. Meredith had blood on his uni. Meredith takes bottom. He's too his feet, can't get out, back to his feet, and out in 20+ sec, 4-7. RT @ 1:50 for Aguilar. Aguilar in deep on a double, they scramble, nice job by Meredith to avoid it. Aguilar with an ankle to a single and gets the TD, 4-9. With 2:24 in RT, it's a 4-10 win by Aguilar

3-0, Rutgers
My bad, sorry, Tom. This is awkward. Thought you were awol. I'll go back to my cesspool.

Reactions: evashevsky58
133 RBY vs Alvaez
Wanted to see the Rutg kids and RBY wrestlng not Austin DeSanto

RBY is so fast and gets to a leg and Alv has good defense and fights it off
No Score
Another RBY Shot but nothing
Alv gets deep and RBY but he brings his hips to the party and is nothing.
End of 1
0-0
Lots of action to score zero points.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT